No matter how long the truck bed sooner or later you’ll need to haul cargo that’s longer, even if you have an 8 ft. bed. But not having enough bed room is especially prevalent on today’s trucks, where many 4-door models have beds that are less than 6 ft. in length. Just leaving the tailgate down isn’t an option; you still may not have enough space to support the load and you have the risk of cargo falling out if not secured properly.
- AMP Research® BedXTender HD™ Sport Bed Extender$224.00 - $254.00
- AMP Research® BedXTender HD™ Max Bed Extender$234.00 - $260.00
- ADD® Rear Gate Tire Holder$1,728.54 - $2,074.25
The solution to the lengthy cargo dilemma is a truck bed extender. We offer several styles, each tailor made to solve particular hauling problems. If your cargo is only somewhat longer than the bed, say if you need to transport dirt bikes or an ATV and they won’t fit with the tailgate up, we have bed mount extenders. But if you’re hauling building materials and the like that are much longer than the bed, we have hitch mount extenders to support the load.
We carry two kinds of bed mount extenders, an aluminum tubed enclosure from AMP Research® that mounts to the bed sides and flips out to extend the bed, and an extension of lightweight aluminum panels from Dee Zee® that extends your tailgate out 20 in. The BedXtender from AMP Research flips out onto the open tailgate to secure lengthy cargo, and flips forward for storage and to contain smaller cargo with the tailgate closed. The Max model has the most cargo capacity, the Sport has extra clearance for tonneau covers, while the Moto is specially designed for carrying motorcycles. Each can be easily removed when not needed.
The Dee Zee truck bed extender installs in place of your tailgate, and then the tailgate attaches to the extender, in effect lengthening your truck bed by 20 in. This sturdy extender can support up to 600 lbs. It installs easily, using the existing factory cables, and is collapsible, so it can be folded up and stored when not in use. Bed mount extenders are fine for cargo that only protrudes from the bed as far as a lowered tailgate, but for really long cargo like lumber, pipes, and ladders, you need one of our hitch mount bed extenders.
Our hitch mount bed extenders fit any standard 2” receiver hitch. The Truck Covers USA® Tail-Mate extends the bed length by more than 30” and can support up to 1,000 lbs. The support beam is 51” wide with risers at each end to keep cargo from slipping off, making it ideal for transporting 4”x8” building materials. The Lund® Hitchrack has a 750 lbs. distributed load capacity and adjusts from 38” to 68” to accommodate long cargo, and from 27” to 49” for varying cargo widths. The height is also adjustable, enabling the Hitchrack to be used in conjunction with a roof rack or contractor’s rack for really long cargo.
- (255)Bed BarsAggressive Style And Protection
- (844)Bed CapsProtect Your Truck Bed Rails
- (488)Bed Mats & LinersPrevent Damage & Skidding Cargo
- (186)Bed OrganizersCreate Places For Your Stuff
- (769)Bed RacksCarry More Cargo Overhead
- (829)Bed RailsBed Rail Protection And Style
- (574)Bed SlidesMakes Loading & Unloading Easy
- (5)Cargo NetsSafe Cargo Transportation
- (1,710)Fuel Transfer TanksTransport Fuel Safely And Easily
- (1,224)Headache RacksShields For Truck Cabs
- (12)Loading RampsLift Heavy Objects With Ease
- (18)Tailgate AssistsLowers Tailgate Smoothly
- (99)Tailgate LocksSafeguard Your Truck Bed
- (7)Tailgate NetsRetain Cargo Without Drag
- (9)Tailgate SealsBlock Dust And The Elements
- (129)Truck Bed StepsFor Easier Access To Your Truck Bed
- (131)TailgatesWhen Stock Won’t Do
- (51)Truck CapsBed Enclosures For Every Purpose
- (6,813)Tool BoxesSecure & Organized Tool Storage
- (37)Tailgate Light BarsCustomize Your Exterior Lighting
- (11)Truck Bed LightsAdd Visibility In The Truck Bed
- (187)Truck BedsBuilt tough to haul big loads
- (34)Truck Lift GatesHydraulic & Rail Lift Gates
Guides & Articles
- Bed AccessoriesHow Can I Carry More Stuff in My Pickup Bed?Whether you use your pickup for work or for recreation, carrying a lot of equipment, tools, and gear means you're potentially prepared for a range of situations. But if you can't find exactly what you need and extract it from your truck's cargo area in a timely manner, you're really not as prepared as you think. Consider the last time you couldn't find something in your truck. Maybe a search through the entire vehicle was necessary in order to be sure the item wasn't in the truck before beginning a search somewhere else. How much time did that take? And how was your stress level afterward? Or maybe, perish the thought, you had to buy a new tool to replace one you couldn't find but knew wasn't actually lost for good.
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
Browse by Vehicle
- Chevy Bed Extenders
- Dodge Bed Extenders
- Fiat Bed Extenders
- Ford Bed Extenders
- GMC Bed Extenders
- Honda Bed Extenders
- Hummer Bed Extenders
- International Bed Extenders
- Isuzu Bed Extenders
- Jeep Bed Extenders
- Lincoln Bed Extenders
- Mazda Bed Extenders
- Mitsubishi Bed Extenders
- Nissan Bed Extenders
Bed Extenders Reviews
2009 Ford F-150