During engine operation, engine component temperatures can range from a few hundred to close to 1000ºF. That's why the typical engine compartment has a lot of peeled paint. Of course, this won’t do when you’re tricking out a hot rod or street machine. For that you need paint that looks good when it goes on and stays looking good, even when things get very hot. To coat engine blocks and heads, etc., you need VHT high heat coatings.
- VHT®Copper Gasket Cementfrom $8.74
- VHT®Rust Convertorfrom $10.12
- VHT®High Temperature Engine Enamelfrom $9.30
- VHT®High Temperature Caliper Paintfrom $8.70
- VHT®High Temperature Wheel Paintfrom $8.62
- VHT®Epoxy All Weather Paintfrom $8.78
- VHT®Nite Shades Lens Cover Tintfrom $12.39
- VHT®Plate Finishfrom $9.36
- VHT®Vinyl Dye™ Vinyl and Fabric Coatingfrom $8.53
- VHT®Premium General Purpose Systemfrom $6.66
VHT is a division of Duplicolor, Inc. a Sherwin-Williams Company. They’re most well-known for high heat paints (VHT stands for Very High Temperature) like VHT Flameproof™, which can withstand temperatures up to 2000ºF, and was originally developed for the space program to use on re-entry vehicles. Flameproof is ideal for headers, exhaust systems, and turbo housings. But high heat conditions aren’t exclusive to your engine. Your brake calipers can run extremely hot and if you want to make them look good behind those plus size wheels and tires, you need a paint that will take the heat.
Although high heat paints are their forte, VHT also has many specialty coatings for everything from surface prep, to vinyl dye, to bumper and trim paint. VHT Prep Spray will clean dirt, wax, oil and grease from surfaces to be painted, and VHT Adhesion Promoter will improve the adhesion of enamel and lacquer topcoats to all surfaces, including plastic and chrome. VHT Vinyl Dye will restore or change the color of vinyl upholstery, seats, trim and even carpeting. And if your bumpers and trim are dull and faded, VHT Hood, Bumper and Trim Paint can make them like new. Its unique formula includes elastomers that allow the paint to flex, and it works on fiberglass, plastic and metal.
Good stuff, went on smooth, no problems, CARiD by far cheapest I found for the red nite shades.
- Popular VHT Part Numbers
- VHT® SP999 - Nite Shades Black Lens Cover Tint
- VHT® SP445 - Prep Spray
- VHT® SP731 - High Temperature Caliper Paint (Real Red)
- VHT® SP888 - Nite Shades Red Lens Cover Tint
- VHT® SP730 - High Temperature Caliper Paint (Gloss Clear)
- VHT® SP100 - Flameproof™ Very High Temperature Primer (Gray)
- VHT® SP118 - Flameproof™ Very High Temperature Primer (Flat White)
- VHT® SP102 - Flameproof™ Very High Temperature Coating (Flat Black)
- VHT® SP115 - Flameproof™ Very High Temperature Clear Coating
- VHT® SP204 - Wrinkle Plus™ Red Coating