During engine operation, engine component temperatures can range from a few hundred to close to 1000ºF. That's why the typical engine compartment has a lot of peeled paint. Of course, this won’t do when you’re tricking out a hot rod or street machine. For that you need paint that looks good when it goes on and stays looking good, even when things get very hot. To coat engine blocks and heads, etc., you need VHT high heat coatings.
- VHT® - Copper Gasket CementStarting at: $8.74$8.74
- VHT® - Rust ConvertorStarting at: $10.12$10.12
- VHT® - Flameproof™ Very High Temperature CoatingStarting at: $10.32$10.32
- VHT® - Engine Metallic™ High Temperature CoatingStarting at: $8.85$8.85
- VHT® - High Temperature Engine EnamelStarting at: $9.30$9.30
- VHT® - High Temperature Anodized Color PaintStarting at: $9.00$9.00
- VHT® - High Temperature Caliper PaintStarting at: $5.06$5.06
- VHT® - High Temperature Wheel PaintStarting at: $8.62$8.62
- VHT® - Wrinkle Plus™ High Temperature CoatingStarting at: $9.49$9.49
- VHT® - High Temperature Roll Bar and Chassis CoatingStarting at: $9.40$9.40
- VHT® - Epoxy All Weather PaintStarting at: $9.22$9.22
- VHT® - Nite Shades Lens Cover TintStarting at: $12.39$12.39
- VHT® - Plate FinishStarting at: $9.36$9.36
- VHT® - Vinyl Dye™ Vinyl and Fabric CoatingStarting at: $8.73$8.73
- VHT® - Premium General Purpose SystemStarting at: $6.66$6.66
VHT is a division of Duplicolor, Inc. a Sherwin-Williams Company. They’re most well-known for high heat paints (VHT stands for Very High Temperature) like VHT Flameproof™, which can withstand temperatures up to 2000ºF, and was originally developed for the space program to use on re-entry vehicles. Flameproof is ideal for headers, exhaust systems, and turbo housings. But high heat conditions aren’t exclusive to your engine. Your brake calipers can run extremely hot and if you want to make them look good behind those plus size wheels and tires, you need a paint that will take the heat.
Although high heat paints are their forte, VHT also has many specialty coatings for everything from surface prep, to vinyl dye, to bumper and trim paint. VHT Prep Spray will clean dirt, wax, oil and grease from surfaces to be painted, and VHT Adhesion Promoter will improve the adhesion of enamel and lacquer topcoats to all surfaces, including plastic and chrome. VHT Vinyl Dye will restore or change the color of vinyl upholstery, seats, trim and even carpeting. And if your bumpers and trim are dull and faded, VHT Hood, Bumper and Trim Paint can make them like new. Its unique formula includes elastomers that allow the paint to flex, and it works on fiberglass, plastic and metal.
I used this on my fog lights and it worked great went on great had good finish. The more coats you put on the darker and more red it will be but red was what i wanted so i did more then i should have. It's little price for paint but well worth it.
When you spray it on the rust about 1 minute later it turns a little lighter than black color, to stop the rust from spreading. It is probably the best anti rust spray you can get.
| Posted by Robert | (Mccormick, SC)
The caliper paint arrived promptly and applied as hoped... Great look!
Two coats gave my tail lights a very black look. Light still comes through at night too. I am very pleased with how my vehicle turned out.
I used this SP131 over SP304 primer. The fine mist tips on these aerosol cans spray very well, and I did not have any drip problems. The paint laid down well and dried to a hard finish. I used it to spray the base of a 20" lapidary slab saw made of welded sheet metal. The only minor complaint I would have is that the paint dried just a little too fast, so I had to move quickly to prevent the previous spray path from drying too much before the next over lapping pass. But this may have been due to the fact that I was spraying outdoors on a hot summer afternoon. I would buy this paint again.
This VHT SP304 is a quality primer. It has good coverage, lays down well, and dries fast! I would definitely buy this product again!
| Posted by Richard | (Glen Cove, NY)
I was a bit skeptical at first, but the product actually looked pretty nice. I like it better than the regular tint. I took off the tint to my truck, after I sprayed my car, and I sprayed my truck taillights also. I would definitely recommend!!
| Posted by Cl | (Paris, KY)
Not bad for the price and it can be used on anything you are trying to paint. I used it on fiberglass, and then plastic, and then metal, and it did its job for all three.
| Posted by John | (Fort Worth, TX)
Does exactly what it's suppose to do. I think this is pretty much a carb cleaner that is repackaged so don't go too crazy when spraying it on plastic parts of the brakes.
| Posted by Thomas | (Hayward, CA)
I have used this product in the past and absolutely love it. No hassle with covers that don't stay flush or start to fall off. It's extremely easy to use. You must apply in light layers as heavy layers will do what any kind of spray will do - run. It looks awesome when it has dried.
- Popular VHT Part Numbers
- VHT® SP999 - Nite Shades Black Lens Cover Tint
- VHT® SP445 - Prep Spray
- VHT® SP731 - High Temperature Caliper Paint (Real Red)
- VHT® SP888 - Nite Shades Red Lens Cover Tint
- VHT® SP730 - High Temperature Caliper Paint (Gloss Clear)
- VHT® SP100 - Flameproof™ Very High Temperature Primer (Gray)
- VHT® SP118 - Flameproof™ Very High Temperature Primer (Flat White)
- VHT® SP102 - Flameproof™ Very High Temperature Coating (Flat Black)
- VHT® SP115 - Flameproof™ Very High Temperature Clear Coating
- VHT® SP204 - Wrinkle Plus™ Red Coating
- VHT® SP964 - Vinyl Dye™ Vinyl and Fabric Coating (Yellow)
- VHT® SP738 - High Temperature Caliper Paint (Bright Yellow)
- VHT® SP998 - Flameproof™ Very High Temperature Coating (Nu-Cast™ Cast Iron)
- VHT® SP700 - Caliper Cleaner
- VHT® SP943 - Vinyl Dye™ Vinyl and Fabric Coating (White Satin)
- VHT® SP187 - High Temperature Wheel Paint (Gloss Black)
- VHT® SP733 - High Temperature Caliper Paint (Real Orange)
- VHT® SP736 - High Temperature Caliper Paint (Gold)
- VHT® SP305 - Prime Coat™ Sandable Filler and Primer (Black)
- VHT® SP402 - Engine Metallic™ High Temperature Coating (Burnt Copper)
- VHT® SP184 - High Temperature Wheel Paint (Clear Coat)
- VHT® SP451 - High Temperature Anodized Paint (Blue)
- VHT® SP997 - High Temperature Engine Enamel (Nu-Cast™ Cast Iron)
- VHT® SP401 - Engine Metallic™ High Temperature Coating (Red Fire)
- VHT® SP734 - High Temperature Caliper Paint (Gloss Black)