Taylor Cable also operates under the name of TaylorVertex. Taylor has been operating since 1923, leading the industry in ignition wires, battery cables, and other electrical and ignition components. They acquired Vertex Magnetos in 1994, and recently launched Percy’s, a brand by racers for racers. Taylor’s constant innovation and dedication to quality production here in the USA means that street drivers and racers alike are able to rely on Taylor products.
- Taylor Cable® DistributorDistributor by Taylor Cable®. Don’t put an old distributor into a new engine. Replace your old, worn-out distributor with a new Taylor unit: you’ll have a smoother-running, more powerful motor.
$149.49from $119.59 - $334.83# 1480
- Taylor Cable® 409 Pro Race Custom Fit Ignition Wire Set409 Pro Race Custom Fit Ignition Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. Taylor’s biggest ignition wire is available in red or blue, in custom sets designed to fit muscle cars, performance cars, sports, compacts and truck applications. The...
$59.25from $47.40 - $186.89# 1474
- Taylor Cable® Distributor Cap and RotorDistributor Cap and Rotor by Taylor Cable®. Periodic replacement of your distributor cap and rotor will keep your car running at peak efficiency. Here’s a matched set of distributor cap and rotor. They should both be replaced at...
$18.66from $14.93 - $25.11# 1482
- Taylor Cable® 409 Pro Race Fit Ignition Wire Set409 Pro Race Fit Ignition Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. These .409" / 10.4mm diameter high-performance custom-fit ignition wires are built for street or track applications. Guarantee your engine a fat spark to start the combustion...
$80.38from $64.30 - $190.20# 1477
- Taylor Cable® Distributor CapDistributor Cap by Taylor Cable®. Periodic replacement of your distributor cap and rotor will keep your car running at peak efficiency. They should both be replaced at the same time.
$18.48from $14.78 - $22.03# 1481
- Taylor Cable® 8mm High Energy Custom Fit Wire Set8mm High Energy Custom Fit Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. These wires are a top choice for either street or race applications. Each wire is cut to length and terminated with Taylor’s low-profile silicone Proboot with vibration-proof...
$27.65from $22.12 - $38.38# 1485
- Taylor Cable® Distributor RotorDistributor Rotor by Taylor Cable®. Periodic replacement of your distributor rotor will keep your car running at peak efficiency. Deteriorated distributor rotors can cause misfires by allowing the spark to leak off to ground, or be...
$12.28from $9.82 - $12.30# 1483
- Taylor Cable® 8mm Spiro Pro Ignition Wire Set8mm Spiro Pro Ignition Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. These plug wires are the top choice of racers and street enthusiasts for their high performance at an affordable price. With two layers of 100% silicone jacketing and silicone...
$29.44from $23.55 - $125.63# 1486
- Taylor Cable® Distributor Drive GearDistributor Drive Gear by Taylor Cable®. Replace your worn-out distributor drive gear and restore performance.
$61.29from $49.03 - $68.70# 1484
- Taylor Cable® ThunderVolt Ferrite Core Performance Ignition Wire SetThunderVolt Ferrite Core Performance Ignition Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. Gain horsepower and torque with Taylor’s Dyno-proven ThunderVolt racing plug wire sets. Low resistance for healthy spark and RFI/EMI suppression.
$35.61from $28.49 - $174.91# 1487
- Taylor Cable® 8mm Street Thunder Ignition Wire Set8mm Street Thunder Ignition Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. Get great performance at an extremely affordable price with Taylor’s Street Thunder ignition wires. These 8mm wires deliver all of the performance in your street car.
$26.30from $21.04 - $77.70# 1494
- Taylor Cable® Throttle Body SpacerThrottle Body Spacer by Taylor Cable®. Helix Power Throttle Body Spacers increase airflow to improve cylinder filling, while the variable venturi aperture shape enhances turbulence for a more complete fuel burn. Computer designed...
$77.81from $62.25 - $151.75# 1493
- Taylor Cable® Exhaust Collector GasketExhaust Collector Gasket by Taylor Cable®. Exhaust Collector Gasket by Taylor Cable®. Seal your collector flanges properly with gaskets from Taylor Cable. These metal gaskets are reusable, which is great for racers who remove and...$0.00# 1491
- Taylor Cable® Exhaust Header GasketExhaust Header Gasket by Taylor Cable®. These extreme high-temperature gaskets are well-suited for highly-modified engines: turbocharged, supercharged, nitrous or fuel. This is a premium, high-performance gasket at an affordable...
- Taylor Cable® Catalytic Converter GasketCatalytic Converter Gasket by Taylor Cable®. All of our XX Carbon exhaust header gaskets are made with Taylor’s proprietary, 100% carbon-felt material construction technology. This unique carbon felt allows the gasket to perform...
$15.45from $12.36 - $13.62# 1492
Most wires in your car carry 12-14 volts, no big deal; household wiring is ten times that. But ignition wiring voltages can get as high as 40-50,000 volts. The energy carried from the coil has to bridge a substantial gap across the spark plug gap, and that’s at Top Dead Center on the compression stroke, when the pressure is ten times atmospheric.
You can choose from a dizzying number of styles of wire, from near-direct replacement 8mm wires to race-ready 10.4mm monster wires that will fire a spark plug still in the box. Although Taylor is best-known for ignition wires, they’ve branched out over the years, with a highly race-oriented line of low-voltage electrical parts and accessories, like NHRA race-legal battery boxes and relocation kits, Vertex brand magnetos, replacement distributors, and Percy’s line of problem-solving gaskets, carburetor products, header fasteners and the innovative WheelRite.
Once you’ve figured out how to use two or three separate layers of silicone rubber to insulate the actual wire down the middle, you need to make sure it all goes to the plug, so the connections at both ends have to be perfect. They use an exotic mix of spiral-wound fibers impregnated with conductive material. It’s not to make things difficult, it’s to provide some resistance, just a modest amount to damp out any stray high-frequency current in the wire to keep it from making buzzes in the radio or making the onboard computers reboot every time you change gears.
Excellent product, gave my motor the wow factor for looks and performance!
- Popular Taylor Cable Part Numbers
- Taylor Cable® 918230 - Distributor Cap and Rotor
- Taylor Cable® 66075 - Seal-4-Good™ Exhaust Header Gaskets (Aluminum)
- Taylor Cable® 79271 - 409 Pro Race Custom Spiral Core Wire Set (Red)
- Taylor Cable® 79288 - 409 Pro Race Custom Spiral Core Wire Set (Red)
- Taylor Cable® 79206 - 409 Pro Race Wire Set (Red)
- Taylor Cable® 64676 - 8mm High Energy Wire Set (Blue)
- Taylor Cable® 72200 - 8mm Spiro Pro Ignition Wire Set (Red)
- Taylor Cable® 74290 - 8mm Spiro Pro Ignition Wire Set (Red)
- Taylor Cable® 53010 - 8mm Street Thunder Ignition Wire Set
- Taylor Cable® 53005 - 8mm Street Thunder Ignition Wire Set