Car electronics mothership Metra, whose scions include Axxess Integrate, Connects2, Raptor, Shuriken batteries, Tsunami, Install Bay installation hardware and the Metra Home Theater group, Audio Solutions, Ballistic and Ethereal is the 300 lb. gorilla of car audio installation. With this big a footprint in the car audio industry, it's no small wonder they know what's required to manufacture a superior-performing line of audio installation accessories.
- Metra® - Single DIN Stereo Dash KitStarting at: $13.49$13.49
- Metra® - Single / Double DIN Stereo Dash KitStarting at: $18.82$18.82
- Metra® - Double DIN Stereo Dash KitStarting at: $15.60$15.60
- Metra® - PocketStarting at: $17.92$17.92
- Metra® - OEM Style Rearview Mirror and Back Up CameraStarting at: $29.99$29.99
- Metra® - Wiring HarnessStarting at: $13.18$13.18
- Metra® - Speaker AdaptersStarting at: $15.98$15.98
- Metra® - Antenna AdapterStarting at: $11.96$11.96
- Metra® - Power AntennaStarting at: $36.24$36.24
- Metra® - Replacement AntennaStarting at: $11.12$11.12
- Metra® - Micro Screen AM/FM AntennaStarting at: $27.45$27.45
- Metra® - DIN Trim RingsStarting at: $12.22$12.22
Metra is the one-stop shopping destination for car stereo and security installers. In spite of the increasing complexity and vehicle integration of stereos into cars and trucks, Metra has options for making almost any car stereo installation a plug-and-play operation. Installers traditionally have needed to meld heavy-duty electronics background with the skills of an electrician, painter, carpenter while spending much time hand-wiring their installations.
Sure, there are standards for radio/stereo chassis dimensions and mounting styles, like DIN and ISO. But there are a lot of car and truck manufacturers who ignore those standards in the interest of style and expediency. Metra has ISO and DIN solutions for installing aftermarket units in many, many popular vehicles. Now you don't have to carve up the factory instrument panel trim to install a touchscreen in your dash.
Metra is committed to making high-end stereo installations look professional, they operate the Installer Institute, a hands-on series of courses in every aspect car stereo and security system design and installation that takes ten weeks to complete. That kind of commitment is admirable, but running the institute also keeps Metra abreast of what's happening in the industry and what products are going to make their customers happy.
Metra's 60 years in the industry has seen tremendous changes in car audio technology. When they started, car radios had vacuum tubes, and there were no tape players - not even 8-tracks. Now car audio is highly computerized, with touchscreen displays that have to integrate with complex on-vehicle computers to operate at all, much less seamlessly. Metra makes it not only possible, but easy.
| Posted by Giraldo | (Atlanta, GA)
Wish there was another option for this dash kit. I cannot find another for a BMW 3 series (mine is a 2008 328xi). There is actually one guy doing a custom make but not sure about quality and he is charging $200. This piece is bent forward from 2/3 of the way down so it sticks out. It has the two holes for screws but no where in the car dash is there a place to screw it in. The part that runs across the climate controls (the piece that runs across the middle) does not form correctly around the controls, and it must be cut or filed down a bit in the middle (from the concave around one knob opening to the other). The top part fits fine. The material is acceptable and I like the matte texture that matches the rest of the car. If you can find an alternative, go for it instead.
| Posted by Giraldo | (Atlanta, GA)
This piece fit perfectly as a replacement for my ashtray when installing a double din receiver. I did see some other products that also included a cigarette lighter plug to allow for more devices in the car. The good thing is that my car has 2 so it isn't a huge deal. It is a little shiny, wish it were a bit more matte to look less cheap and match the car interior better.
| Posted by Justine | (Phoenix, AZ)
The product is great, but had to shave down the inside edges so my double din stereo, but it looks great.
| Posted by Andre | (Brampton, ON)
When the package is opened, you find the pieces of the dash kit in good shape and the installation instructions very clear and comprehensive. The fit is perfect into the dash, it looks like it came straight from the factory. Good quality, I am very pleased.
| Posted by Mike | (Pinole, CA)
Looks like it came straight from the factory perfect color perfect look thanks very much.
| Posted by Carlos | (Los Angeles, CA)
Simple to install. Great price. Prompt delivery. Color - close enough, not perfect but after all your trying to match your panels that are 10 or 12 years old, good enough. Fit - again, close enough, at the bottom of the panel the corners stick out a little and are not perfectly flush with the A/C panel below, likewise at the bottom center of the panel it sticks in a bit from the A/C panel. Thought about futzing around with the head unit mounting brackets a bit to make the corners flush but figured the center might recess in more so I left it... good enough. No one has noticed unless I point it out. Mounting brackets - my least favorite thing about this kit. They are plastic and seem flimsy but I guess pretty much standard fare for after market kits. Wish they were stamped metal but they fit perfectly on my Pioneer head unit and held everything in place, good enough so far. Bottom line - I would use this product again and recommend to anyone that needs it.
| Posted by James | (Murfreesboro, TN)
Thank you for the outstanding support and service, as always you all always deliver quality products. Look forward to making more purchases in the future. Thanks, James Hart.
| Posted by La Shonda | (Augusta, GA)
Other dealers wanted 150 for each of those parts. More than I spent on the stereo its self. I got both parts for 40.
| Posted by Luke | (Bridgehampton, NY)
This dash kit for the CTS fits great, and looks clean and color match was perfect (black). Double din was not hard to cut out and trim was cake. Overall it worked well and I would recommend this unit.
| Posted by John | (Bluffton, AB)
Very good service. Product was exactly what I was looking for. Kept me informed of shipping dates. Very happy!
- Popular Metra Part Numbers
- Metra® 44-PW22 - Fully-Automatic Power Antenna
- Metra® 44-GM935 - Silver Replacement Antenna
- Metra® 44-GM935B - Black Replacement Antenna
- Metra® TE-RVMC - OEM Style Rearview Mirror and Back Up Camera
- Metra® 44-UT06R - Top Mount Replacement Antenna
- Metra® TE-RVMCBT - OEM Style Rearview Mirror and Back Up Camera (With Bluetooth)
- Metra® 40-CR10 - Antenna to Radio Adapter
- Metra® 95-3302 - Double DIN Black Stereo Dash Kit
- Metra® 40-EU10 - Antenna to Radio Adapter
- Metra® 99-3302 - Single DIN Black Stereo Dash Kit
- Metra® 44-PW22B - Black Stainless Steel Fully-Automatic Power Antenna
- Metra® 89-00-9031 - Blank Panel, 12" x 12"
- Metra® 99-7871 - Single / Double DIN Gunmetal Stereo Dash Kit
- Metra® 40-GM10 - Antenna to Radio Adapter
- Metra® 44-US19 - Side Or Top Mount Stainless Steel Replacement Antenna
- Metra® 99-7604B - Single / Double DIN Black Stereo Dash Kit
- Metra® 95-8214TG - Double DIN Gray Stereo Dash Kit
- Metra® 95-5820B - Double DIN Black Stereo Dash Kit
- Metra® 44-US07R - Side Or Top Mount Rubber Replacement Antenna
- Metra® 99-2006 - Single / Double DIN Black Stereo Dash Kit
- Metra® 40-EU55 - Antenna to Radio Adapter
- Metra® 95-3302S - Double DIN Silver Stereo Dash Kit
- Metra® 44-PWR22 - Replacement Antenna Mast
- Metra® 44-US71 - Side Or Top Mount Stainless Steel Replacement Antenna
- Metra® 40-EU30 - Antenna Adapter Kit