The Jeep CJ was produced between 1944 and 1986. At first, this vehicle was available in three body styles: two-door SUV, two-door convertible and two-door pickup truck. It also had only one engine option, a 2.2L I4 mated to the only three-speed manual transmission. But in 1953, the Jeep J-series version appeared that was available in the same body styles except for the pickup truck which was replaced by the four-door station wagon. Also this version possessed the whole array of I4 engines from 2.0 L to 2.7 L, and a four-speed manual transmission was added too. The engine displacement grew from year to year. The largest engine was on the 1980 Jeep CJ-7 Golden Hawk and the 1976-1980 Jeep CJ-7 Golden Eagle: a 5.0L V8 generating 304 hp.
Our company introduces a wide range of Jeep CJ starting and charging parts from renowned aftermarket manufacturers famous worldwide. Striving to meet the needs of even the most demanding customer, we ensure a perfect combination of great quality and reasonable price. All starting and charging parts are specially made by trustworthy brands exactly for your CJ from refined quality materials. As a result, you'll get your Jeep CJ back on the road in no time.
- Quality-Built® AlternatorAlternator by Quality-Built®. Get professional installer quality at a DIY price with a Quality Built alternator. These alternators are manufactured under strict QS-9000 quality guidelines, the highest quality standard achievable...$26.36 - $493.59
- Bosch® StarterStarter by Bosch®. Whether new or remanufactured, Bosch starters are 100% factory tested to ensure reliable cranking and starting performance under the most extreme operating conditions. Built for precision fit, Bosch starters are...$38.69 - $1,144.49
- Optima® RedTop™ Car BatteryEnjoy the most powerful burst of cranking current for the fastest, most reliable engine starting possible. The spillproof, maintenance-free RedTop Optima battery is resistant to all of the most common causes of battery failure....$125.31 - $181.82
- MSD® StarterStarter by MSD® Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by MSD features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is manufactured to meet or exceed stringent...$267.95 - $382.95
- Optima® YellowTop™ Car BatteryYellowTop™ Car Battery by Optima®. YellowTop high-performance AGM batteries are truly dual-purpose batteries. They have amazing cranking power to start big, high-compression engines, and impressive cycling capacity to power items...$161.53 - $248.74
- Quality-Built® StarterStarter by Quality-Built®. Get professional installer quality at a DIY price with a Quality Built starter. These starters are manufactured under strict QS-9000 quality guidelines, the highest quality standard achievable for...$21.39 - $278.09
- Bosch® AlternatorAlternator by Bosch®. If all you hear when starting your car is a click-click sound, chances are your alternator has died on you. Bosch Alternator is built especially for extremes of heat and cold; it features more new parts and is...$35.35 - $997.06
- Exide® Edge™ Flat Plate AGM Automotive BatteryEdge™ Flat Plate AGM Automotive Battery by Exide®. Exide Edge AGM batteries are designed to maximize energy capacity for today's on-the-go drivers. The Edge's lasting energy protects against battery failure, helping vehicle...$148.02 - $177.03
- Standard® Starter Brush SetStarter Brush Set (RX-60) by Standard®. 8 Blade Terminals Connector. OE # 1107108, 418, 1107135, 960, 1107655, 681, 683, 1107675, 677, 1107843, 1108151, 1108164, 676, 1108424. SMP’s vision is to be the leading independent...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturersFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located$5.22
- Standard® Starter DriveStarter Drive by Standard®. 8 Blade Terminals Connector. OE # 1107652, 1107652, 653, 1107664, 1107670, 1107675, 677, 1107686, 688. SMP’s vision is to be the leading independent supplier to the automotive aftermarket, providing...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturersFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located$14.23
- Standard® Tru-Tech™ Starter DriveTru-Tech™ Starter Drive (SDN1AT) by Standard®. 8 Blade Terminals Connector. Do you hear nothing but “click, click” when you turn the key? Is the BATTERY dash light on? Your vehicle is in need of engine electrical system...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturersFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located$12.65
- Standard® Tru-Tech™ Voltage RegulatorTru-Tech™ Voltage Regulator (VR111T) by Standard®. 2 Blade Terminals Connector. Do you hear nothing but “click, click” when you turn the key? Is the BATTERY dash light on? Your vehicle is in need of engine electrical system...$11.31
- Standard® Mass Air Flow Sensor Relay ConnectorMass Air Flow Sensor Relay Connector (S-654) by Standard®. 5 Terminals Female Connector. Finish: Black. SMP’s vision is to be the leading independent supplier to the automotive aftermarket, providing the highest quality products,...$10.90
- Standard® Alternator Repair KitAlternator Repair Kit (AK-6) by Standard®. SMP’s vision is to be the leading independent supplier to the automotive aftermarket, providing the highest quality products, competitive prices and the highest reputation for integrity...$34.35
- Standard® Battery CableBattery Cable (A30-4) by Standard®. Location: Battery to Switch. SMP’s vision is to be the leading independent supplier to the automotive aftermarket, providing the highest quality products, competitive prices and the highest...$14.81
Guides & Articles
- Auto Repair PartsNew Versus Remanufactured Starters And AlternatorsStarter motors and alternators have a tough job. Starter motors are high-torque motors which must have the ability to turn over, or crank, an engine under varying weather and mechanical conditions. Without a functioning starter motor, you simply cannot start up a modern vehicle's engine.
- Auto Repair PartsServicing And Replacing A BatteryBy definition, an automotive battery is an electrochemical device that stores and provides electrical energy on demand. Electrical energy is produced inside the battery by a chemical reaction occurring between two dissimilar plates immersed in an electrolyte solution. When the battery is discharging, it changes chemical energy into electrical energy and releases current. During charging, electrical energy is converted back into chemical energy and stored.
- Auto Repair PartsHybrid Vehicle Overview - CARiD.comHybrids are everywhere these days and can be defined as, "any vehicle combining two or more sources of power which can directly or indirectly provide propulsion." Although all hybrid vehicles on the market today use batteries as one of the power sources, there are different mechanical layouts and operational approaches in the way electric motors function alongside gasoline combustion engines. Those that use a combustion engine to generate electrical power are described simply as "hybrids", while vehicles with larger battery packs that can also be recharged with an electrical cord are known as "plug-in hybrids". Vehicles with electric motors and without combustion engines are not considered hybrids, because they are "pure electric" vehicles. These so-called "EVs" are outside the scope of what we are covering here.
- Popular CJ Part Numbers
- Jeep CJ Models
- CJ3 Starting & Charging
- CJ5 Base Starting & Charging
- CJ5 Golden Eagle Starting & Charging
- CJ5 Laredo Starting & Charging
- CJ5 Limited Starting & Charging
- CJ5 Renegade Starting & Charging
- CJ5A Starting & Charging
- CJ6 Starting & Charging
- CJ6A Starting & Charging
- CJ7 Base Starting & Charging
- CJ7 Golden Eagle Starting & Charging
- CJ7 Golden Hawk Starting & Charging
- CJ7 Laredo Starting & Charging
- CJ7 Limited Starting & Charging
- CJ7 Renegade Starting & Charging