Universal The Original Roll/Control™ by Hurst Shifters®. Launch Control, Roll Control with Stainless Valve. Want to do those impressive burnouts in front of your girlfriend's house or take part in the drag racing event? Then you definitely need this high-performance upgrade by Hurst. It provides positive locking action to your front wheels, reducing the chance of ''Rolling the Lights'' and producing really big burnouts.
- Perfect for use on high-performance race cars
- Adaptable to most domestic and import hydraulic brake systems
- Keeps your front brakes engaged while staging
- Saves wear and tear on your rear brakes
- New advanced valve design
- Stainless steel valve assembly for greater durability
- Fully-enclosed epoxy molded electrical coil ensures reliability
- Finned aluminum housing for maximum heat dissipation
- 150 micron screen filtered ports prevent contamination
- Additional port for separate bleeder or brake line pressure gauge
- Wider lightweight base for excellent mounting stability
- Field serviceable for cleaning or rebuilding
- Complete with a solenoid valve, 4 amp fuse, indicator light, and snap-action switch
- All mounting hardware and installation instructions included
- For 12-volt negative ground systems only
Whether you call it a roll control or line lock system, it's a must-have upgrade if you want to become a drag racer. With the Hurst Original Roll/Control system installed in your vehicle, you can be as quiet and still as a statue while waiting at the start line with the stage lights on. The system allows you to "lock up" the front brakes while letting the rear wheels spin free to heat up the rims in the burnout box for maximum traction down the road. Not only is it an exceptional way to warm up your tires, but you can also use your Roll/Control mechanism to produce those big, billowing burnouts to impress your mates or neighbors.
So, how does the system actually work? Controlled by a solenoid valve attached to a switch on your shifter, the Roll\Control mechanism locks your front or rear brakes, keeping you from rolling. Push and hold your brake pedal down, then press and hold the control switch down, next release the brake pedal while still holding the switch down and the solenoid will maintain line pressure to the front brakes, locking them up and thus allowing your rear tires to free wheel until the switch is released. Rigorous testing has proved a 1/100,000 of a second release time and vibration tests have seen up to 30 G’s applied without mechanical failure. The only thing you should never forget about while purchasing the Hurst Original Roll/Control is that it cannot be used as an e-brake, or any other application requiring the solenoid to be activated for a long time.
Hurst Shifters, the world-famous manufacturer of exceptional shifter products, was established long time ago, in 1958, as an auto repair company. Soon Hurst has gained a reputation as America’s number one shifter. Its great products first started appearing as factory-installed equipment in some of the world’s most popular cars. So, purchasing any Hurst product today, don't forget that you are dealing with a piece of legendary Hurst heritage. No matter what vehicle you drive, with a manual or automatic transmission, Hurst has a top-grade shifter that will improve your car's performance with just a simple flick of the wrist. Specially designed to meet the needs of a performance car enthusiast, each and every Hurst transmission product is a one-of-a-kind work of art.