Pro Series Helper Springs by Hellwig®. This is a set of secondary helper leaf springs that add 2,500 pounds of load support while providing the quietest ride possible. Pro Series adds polyurethane cushioning blocks (sold separately – see Product Options) that eliminate any rubbing, friction, and noise between leaf ends. The 2-leaf design progressively adds support as rear OEM leaf springs become loaded and compressed. Crafted from heat-treated ASTM 5160 alloy spring steel for maximum strength and resilience, these feature a spring rate that becomes firmer as pressure increases. Recommended for heavy hauling, work truck use, or pulling a 5th-wheel RV trailer. Maintains proper rear ride height, prevents original springs from sagging due to sustained load compression, and helps reduce bouncing during towing. Fitted U-bolts and related hardware are included for mounting. Drilling may be required.
- Set of secondary leaf springs designed to work with OEM leaf springs and support extra loads
- Pro Series creates the quietest ride by adding polyurethane cushioning blocks to eliminate rubbing noise between leaf ends
- Silent Ride polyurethane bushings are sold separately (see Product Options)
- Recommended for heavy hauling, work truck use, or pulling a 5th-wheel RV trailer
- Also stabilizes the helper spring in reverse or rebound mode
- Unique design provides enhanced load and sway control in one spring
- Crafted from heat-treated ASTM 5160 alloy spring steel for maximum strength and resilience
- 2-leaf design provides support at the point when OEM leaf springs become loaded and compressed
- Adds up to 2,500 pounds of load support and leveling capacity to the rear of your vehicle
- Progressive spring rate is designed never to need adjustment
- Prevents leaf spring from sagging due to sustained load compression
- Maintains proper rear ride height
- Helps reduce bouncing at the rear of vehicle when towing
- Fitted U-bolts and related hardware are included for mounting (drilling may be required)
- 1 million mile manufacturer warranty
- Manufactured in the United States
Hellwig’s Pro Series Helper Springs build on the benefits of the Load Pro Series LP-25 design. While both kits take 2,500 pounds of load off your vehicle’s main springs, the Pro Series kit adds polyurethane cushioning blocks between specially-designed leaf springs to eliminate all metal-on-metal contact. While the helper springs themselves restore the vehicle’s ride height to where it should be, the polyurethane blocks prevent any squeaks, rattles, and noises from occurring during flex – giving you a luxuriously quiet ride that won’t become irritating on the road. Pro Series Helper Springs and Pro Series Silent Ride Bushings are sold separately, so select both of them in the Product Options field if ordering for the first time.
Should you need to replace specific bushings that have become damaged, select only the bushing kit. Polyurethane bushing construction provides superior squish resistance and resists degrading, drying, and crumbling the way rubber bushings can. Not only will these bushings retain their performance characteristics in the most extreme temperatures, they will resist degrading after being exposed to road grime, salt, and oily contaminants found on almost every road.
Hellwig’s history began in 1941 with a patent Rudy Hellwig had been granted for an overload spring design he had developed and perfected. Hammering out the springs by hand in a rented blacksmith shop in Kansas, Rudy moved to California after the end of World War II steel rationing made materials more widely available. Founding Hellwig Products in 1946 out of Glendale, California, Rudy began manufacturing springs that restored ride height, stability, and control to trucks and campers weighed down with heavy cargo. Rudy’s philosophy was to build products that exceed a customer’s expectations in both performance and durability, and his business practices of taking care of customers after a sale quickly built the company a positive reputation. After a 1963 Hot Rod Magazine feature showed how effectively Hellwig adjustable stabilizers eliminated handling problems inherent in stock Chevrolet Corvair suspensions, word of the company’s products spread. In the late 1960s, Hellwig expanded and relocated to their current headquarters in Visalia, California. Hellwig remains a family-owned business with a 4th generation actively and passionately involved today, and looks to the future with excitement of developing and refining products for an ever changing market. CARiD is proud to offer the best values you’ll find on a full range of Hellwig helper leaf springs, air springs, sway bars, end links, air compressors, and value-packed upgrade kits designed to enhance vehicle control both on and off the pavement.