Hellwig Suspension Systems
Since Hellwig’s earliest days in 1941 when founder Rudy Hellwig received a patent for overload springs hammered out by hand in a rented blacksmith shop in Kansas, Hellwig Products has specialized in helper leaf springs, air springs, sway bars, end links, air compressors, and value-packed upgrade kits designed to enhance vehicle control both on and off the pavement.
- Hellwig® Big Wig
$141.94from $113.55 - $383.79Big Wig by Hellwig®. When your truck becomes top heavy and weighed down with a heavy load or trailer, the complete Big Wig kit comes with air helper springs designed to level and stabilize the rear of your truck and a heavy-duty...# 3743
- Hellwig® Pro Series Helper Springs
$178.19from $142.55 - $276.15Pro Series Helper Springs by Hellwig®. This is a set of secondary helper leaf springs that add 2,500 pounds of load support while providing the quietest ride possible. Pro Series adds polyurethane cushioning blocks (sold separately...# 3749
- Hellwig® Load Pro Series Helper Springs
$114.78from $91.82 - $445.34Load Pro Series Helper Springs by Hellwig®. Hellwig offers heavy-duty secondary helper leaf springs designed to take weight off overly compressed OEM leaf springs while restoring comfort and stability to the rear of your full-size...# 3745
- Hellwig® Medium Duty Helper Springs
$62.18from $49.74 - $368.83Medium Duty Helper Springs by Hellwig®. Hellwig offers medium-duty secondary helper leaf springs designed to take weight off overly compressed OEM leaf springs and restore comfort and stability to the rear of your truck or van....# 3746
- Hellwig® Power Lift™ Coil to Air Conversion Kit
$922.66from $738.13 - $898.54Power Lift™ Coil to Air Conversion Kit by Hellwig®. Add a more luxurious ride to your truck or sport utility with this upgrade kit. Features two rear air springs that bolt between axle and frame in the place of OEM metal coil...# 3748
- Hellwig® Street Performance Adjustable Sway Bars
$123.68from $98.94 - $289.05Street Performance Adjustable Sway Bars by Hellwig®. Hellwig offers front sway bars designed for lowered trucks or other performance-oriented vehicles. Effectively reduces side-to-side body roll around turns, enhances tire grip,...# 3750
- Hellwig® Off Road Ready Sway Bars
$165.51from $132.41 - $522.59Off Road Ready Sway Bars by Hellwig®. This is a set of sway bars designed for the needs of lifted trucks that are used off-road. Unique mounting design allows for maximum up-and-down wheel articulation, and quick-disconnect end...# 3747
- Hellwig® Sway Bars
$164.81from $131.85 - $472.46Sway Bar by Hellwig®. Each application effectively reduces side-to-side body roll around turns, enhances tire grip, and optimizes vehicle stability at higher speeds. Balanced for neutral steering and precise turn-in response, all...# 3751
- Hellwig® Air Compressorsfrom $294.93 - $420.60Universal Air Compressors by Hellwig®. Hellwig offers air compressors in standard, heavy-duty, heavy-duty with automatic load leveling, Big Wig air springs, and Lifted ride height air springs. See Product Options for details and...See Product Options for details and availability for your vehicleChoose Standard Air Compressor for occasional use and best value# 12205155
- Hellwig® Adjustable End Linksfrom $27.70 - $96.48Universal Adjustable End Links by Hellwig®. Hellwig offers sets of replacement end link rods with adjustable length to regulate an anti-sway bar’s tightness. Replace worn or non-adjustable factory end links and gain better...Sets of two replacement end link rods can be adjusted to regulate a front anti-sway bar’s tightnessRoll stiffness level can be set for normal street use or maximum cornering speed# 12205190
- Hellwig® Load Pro Series Helper Spring Mounting Hardware Kit
$128.10$102.48Load Pro Series Helper Spring Mounting Hardware Kit (25250) by Hellwig®. This is a set of heavy-duty mounting plates, U-bolt brackets, and related hardware necessary for securing two Hellwig Load Pro helper springs to your...# 2948624
- Hellwig® LP-25 Load Pro Series Helper Springs
$205.38$164.30LP-25 Load Pro Series Helper Springs (2510) by Hellwig®. Add up to 2500 lbs. carrying capacity. Progressive Load Leveler. This is a set of secondary helper leaf springs designed to add up to 2,500 pounds of load support to restore...# 2948618
- Hellwig® EZ- Medium Duty Helper Springs
$62.18$49.74EZ- Medium Duty Helper Springs (550) by Hellwig®. Add up to 500 lbs. carrying capacity. This is Hellwig’s most value-priced set of secondary helper leaf springs that adds 500 pounds of load support to restore comfort and...# 2948985
- Hellwig® EZ-990 Medium Duty Helper Springs
$114.24$91.39EZ-990 Medium Duty Helper Springs by Hellwig®. Add up to 2000 lbs. carrying capacity. This is a set of secondary helper leaf springs that adds 2,000 pounds of load support to restore comfort and stability at the rear of your...# 2949016
- Hellwig® EZ-1000 Medium Duty Helper Springs
$108.54$86.83EZ-1000 Medium Duty Helper Springs (1250) by Hellwig®. Add up to 1000 lbs. carrying capacity. This is a set of secondary helper leaf springs that adds 1,000 pounds of load support to restore comfort and stability at the rear of...# 2948967
After a 1963 Hot Rod Magazine feature showed how effectively Hellwig adjustable stabilizers eliminated handling problems inherent in stock Chevrolet Corvair suspensions, word of the company’s products spread. In the late 1960s, Hellwig expanded and relocated to their current headquarters in Visalia, California. Hellwig remains a family-owned business with a 4th generation actively and passionately involved today, and looks to the future with excitement of developing and refining products for an ever changing market.
As weight increases on the rear of your vehicle, the helper springs take effect gradually as the main springs become more and more compressed. So during normal driving without weight in the vehicle, their presence is invisible without causing any added bounce or harshness. For heavy duty or commercial use on “one-half ton” to “1 ton” vehicles, choose Load Pro-35 springs that can take 3,500 pounds of load off your main springs or Load Pro-25 springs with 2,500 pounds of support. For lighter use, choose any of the Medium Duty Helper Springs with load ratings from 500 - 2,000 pounds.
Hellwig also offers world-class air springs designed for load assist at the rear of your truck bed, and as a luxury conversion from coil springs. The Big Wig kit comes with heavy-duty air helper springs that level and stabilize 5,600 pounds at the rear of your truck, and it features a heavy-duty sway bar to keep your front suspension buttoned down. Big Wig air springs are designed with an extremely wide diameter to pack a larger volume of air. As a result, Big Wig springs require only half the air pressure to level a similar payload - giving you more cushion for better ride comfort as well as improved stability.
Hellwig offers a choice of air compressors to inflate and operate their coil-to-air conversion springs, Big Wig heavy duty air springs, Lifted Air Springs, and more. If you’ll be using your air compressor infrequently to haul or tow loads, Hellwig’s Standard Air Compressor gives you great value by including the features you need and leaving off the ones you prefer not to pay extra for. If you’ll be using your truck frequently for work, the Heavy Duty air compressor features a higher 33% duty cycle - meaning it can be used continuously one-third of the time between cool-down periods of twice the duration.
In this section, you’ll find a range of Hellwig sway bars and end links designed with greater adjustability and stronger construction than original equipment on your vehicle. End links are offered in OEM style, adjustable-length, and quick-disconnect form for off road use. For sway bars, most offer the choice of solid steel construction for maximum strength or tubular construction for the lightest weight. All Hellwig sway bars offer the option of three mounting holes per side - letting you select exactly how much stiffness each bar provides. Set them to maintain a normal ride, or use different mounting points to increase rigidity and keep body roll at an extreme minimum when buttoned-down performance is the goal.
| Posted by Henrry D. | (Beaver Dam, KY)
Product looks great on the truck. Installs easily, I could tell they were going to work great but didn't get to put any kind of load on them because after installation I traded truck off for a new GMC 1500 Sierra. Now the air spring helper kit is for sale at a descent price. I expect to purchase another set for this new truck.
- Popular Hellwig Part Numbers
- Hellwig® 3527 - LP-35 Load Pro Series Helper Springs
- Hellwig® 25300 - Load Pro Series Helper Spring Mounting Hardware Kit
- Hellwig® 3510 - LP-35 Load Pro Series Helper Springs (3500 lbs.)
- Hellwig® 25250 - Load Pro Series Helper Spring Mounting Hardware Kit
- Hellwig® 61602 - Pro Series Helper Springs
- Hellwig® 6019 - Big Wig Rear Air Springs
- Hellwig® 5800 - Street Performance Rear Sway Bar
- Hellwig® 5703 - Street Performance Front Adjustable Sway Bar
- Hellwig® 7633 - Front Sway Bar
- Hellwig® 7632 - Front Sway Bar