Cipher Racing Seats
Cipher Auto is a relative newcomer to the automotive aftermarket, at least as a company. On the other hand, the people who founded the company all have 10+ years of experience and think that founding a new company was a chance to do things the right way, not just the way they’d always done them elsewhere. Heavily influenced by JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) style, they’re based in the center of the import-tuning scene in El Monte, CA.
- Cipher® - CPA1001 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $349.17$349.17
- Cipher® - CPA1007 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $349.17$349.17
- Cipher® - CPA1009 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $349.17$349.17
- Cipher® - CPA1013 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $349.17$349.17
- Cipher® - CPA1016 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $349.17$349.17
- Cipher® - CPA1017 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $349.17$349.17
- Cipher® - CPA1018 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $349.17$349.17
- Cipher® - CPA1019 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $349.17$349.17
- Cipher® - CPA1025 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $349.17$349.17
- Cipher® - CPA1026 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $349.17$349.17
- Cipher® - CPA2001 Euro Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $699.37$699.37
- Cipher® - CPA2002 Viper Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $699.37$699.37
- Cipher® - CPA2003 VP-8 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $637.57$637.57
- Cipher® - CPA2006 E-9 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $637.57$637.57
- Cipher® - CPA2007 M-8 Series Racing SeatsStarting at: $637.57$637.57
- Cipher® - Seat BracketStarting at: $144.20$144.20
- Cipher® - 4-Point Racing Harness SetStarting at: $69.01$69.01
- Cipher® - 5-Point Quick Release Racing HarnessStarting at: $94.76$94.76
- Cipher® - Racing Harness BarStarting at: $156.56$156.56
- Cipher® - CPA5001 Series Office Racing SeatStarting at: $246.17$246.17
- Cipher® - Racing Seat AccessoriesStarting at: $36.05$36.05
Cipher Auto racing seats offer great comfort while giving you sensible style without being too gaudy. As the manufacturer, not just an agent or importer, they can give you, the customer, exactly the seats that you want. Whether your vehicle is used for all-out racing or is a custom show car, or you simply want a comfortable, form-fitting seat that gives you better control of your vehicle, Cipher seats have a style, color and rim combo for you.
Cipher doesn’t believe in “universal” mounting kits. With over a thousand (and growing) applications available, you can use a Planted seat bracket to install your seat. That means not only the proper, engineered fit for a wobble-free seat rack that doesn’t bind, it means a seat that will stay put during violent maneuvering or, God forbid, an accident. That also means a simple, bolt-in installation procedure that doesn’t require drilling or welding. For the oddball car that Cipher doesn’t have a fitting for, there is a universal bracket, of course.
Complementing their seats and brackets, Cipher offers racing-style harnesses. That’s partly because so many of their customers are competition-oriented, and realize that only a proper 5-point racing harness will keep them properly restrained under racing conditions. They have a great line up of SFI-rated harnesses. SFI (Safety Foundation Incorporated) standards are rigorous and require manufacturers to recertify their products periodically. Cipher racing harnesses are SFI-compliant, so you can avoid any awkward moments while going through Tech inspection.
To complement their racing-oriented products, Cipher can also supply you with padding for where the belts pass over your shoulders, and one very-important item: a harness bar that holds the shoulder harness in the correct place right behind the seats. These bolt-in harness bars attach to the seatbelt anchors for the front seats, and are a much more sanitary and superior solution than drilling new holes for anchors or trying to use the rear seat seatbelt anchors. Not everything Cipher makes is for serious racing. You can source a bracket to turn a Cipher seat into an awesome gaming chair, or a supremely comfortable office chair.
| Posted by Harvey | (Meridian, ID)
The seats look great! They are a little harder than I expected since the padding is memory foam but they do a great job of cradling you in the seats. They are a very tight fit for my '81 Corvette. I had to add more shims on the outside of each seat to get them from rubbing on the door. This may not be a problem if you buy the bases. I installed them right on the floor like the stock seats with shims to level them. They only travel about half the length of the rails because of interference between the doors and the console. The stock seat belts work but are a pain to get buckled and would not work for a large person. (I don't want to go to four or five point belts). That being said they are comfortable enough for long trips. I am very happy with them.
| Posted by Joshua | (Knoxville, TN)
Got my seats the other day and they are great! These seats are very comfy and have great support on the bolsters. Very high quality for the price. CARiD took very good care of me the whole way. The install is a little tricky but but if you take your time it can be done.
Cipher CPA1026PBK-W - CPA1026 Series Black Leatherette with White Stripes Racing Seats. Looked so awesome fitted in my re-stored Mitsubishi Lancer GTI , year model 1992. Fits Just perfect! Most important is true passion kind of service team from CARiD . Ordered from Sydney Australia, sent to the Philippines, quick shipping delivery continuous assistance from CARiD Team ! Thanks for helping me put my dream car together ! From Dennis Adecer, Sydney Australia.
Nice looking, good price, well made. However, there are no installation instructions included and the response to a question about installation is to search on YouTube for a video that might help. I still don't know where to attach the struts, although I have an idea.