Tekonsha Electronic Accessories
As part of Cequent's brand lineup, Tekonsha is deeply committed to the trailering industry. Tekonsha® is the industry leader and innovator in electric trailer brake controls and breakaway systems. No matter what you are towing, Tekonsha can help you stop it. Look here for feedback from their many satisfied customers. If you tow a trailer that weighs enough for state law to require brakes, start looking to Tekonsha for electric-brake solutions.
- Tekonsha® - 4-Way Metal ConnectorStarting at: $21.12$21.12
- Tekonsha® - 12V Insulated Battery SwitchStarting at: $26.10$26.10
- Tekonsha® - Brake AssemblyStarting at: $71.38$71.38
- Tekonsha® - Lockable Breakaway SystemStarting at: $22.24$22.24
- Tekonsha® - P3™ Electronic Brake ControlStarting at: $144.15$144.15
- Tekonsha® - Primus™ Electronic Brake ControlStarting at: $94.95$94.95
Tekonsha's leadership has led to several proportional controllers with different features and price points from simple inertia sensing to more sophisticated controllers that have their own diagnostics for checking the trailer wiring and the ability to store settings for several vehicles. You'll find the brand on more ordinary components as well, like electric and hydraulic brake assemblies, electrical connectors and adapters, breakaway kits, etc.
The state of the art in controllers is the Prodigy RF. It simply plugs into the tow vehicle's power plug on the dash, and communicates wirelessly to the trailer. The sensor mounts to the trailer tongue, so even if the control head is unplugged, you still have brakes. This makes it a solution for drivers who tow the same trailer with a variety of vehicles, making hooking up a simple task instead of wiring or requiring vehicle-specific harnesses.
To hook a 2-wire trailer to a 3-(or more)-wire truck or car, you need a converter to make the right lights light up at the right time. That means either acquiring a vehicle-specific tee harness, or splicing into the vehicle's wiring harness. Enter the Tekonsha ZCI, which has sensors that simply clip over the appropriate tail light wires on the tow vehicle and actuate the trailer lights without interfering with the tow vehicle's electrical system.
Tekonsha Engineering was founded in 1963 in rural Tekonsha Michigan, nearby the burgeoning RV industry, which centers on South Bend IN. By the ‘70's they were a leader in electric brake controls. By the '90's they had introduced a line of sophisticated inertial brake controllers. Purchased by industry giant Cequent in 2003, Tekonsha has moved much of its production from Michigan, but continues to do development work in its Tekonsha facility.
One of these comes with the brake controller. I was told it didn't. For the $3 I got it but don't need it.
| Posted by Bartholomew | (Little Egg Harbor, NJ)
Well made, very simple installation. No wire to splice, so it looks very neat.
| Posted by Paul Edouard | (Mission, TX)
Quick and easy installation; reduces brake control installation time; plugs into OEM harness under dash, and the rear of the brake control is perfect.
| Posted by Alen | (Racine, WI)
This unit was just like one it came with when we bought it new in 2001. Easy to hook up and works fine, didnt have to drive all over town to get one.
| Posted by Kevin W | (Friendswood, TX)
I bought this to connect the brake controller to my car. It fits my 2004 Expedition perfectly and took about 2 seconds to install. Great product.
| Posted by Gurdeep | (Hays, KS)
How could you make it any easier to connect your electric brakes... . Great job Tekonsha. Excellent product and easy installation. Don't know what else to write but I need more words.
| Posted by Kevin | (Fontana, CA)
This harness made the installation of my brake controller quick and easy. I would highly recommend it to anyone installing a brake controller.
| Posted by Tahnee | (Orlando, FL)
I installed this on my camper and wired it to apply my electric brakes from the trailer battery. The mounting bracket was easy to use and it has a nice long woven cable to attach to the tow vehicle. I'm happy with the quality and the price.
- Popular Tekonsha Part Numbers
- Tekonsha® 90195 - P3™ Electronic Brake Control
- Tekonsha® 3040 - 2-Plug Brake Control Wiring Adapter
- Tekonsha® 2005-P - Replacement Breakaway Switch for 1 to 3 Axle Trailers
- Tekonsha® 3050 - 2-Plug Brake Control Wiring Adapter
- Tekonsha® 3035 - 2-Plug Brake Control Wiring Adapter
- Tekonsha® 90885 - Prodigy™ P2 Electronic Brake Control
- Tekonsha® 3023 - 2-Plug Brake Control Wiring Adapter
- Tekonsha® 7685 - Prodigy™ Mounting Bracket
- Tekonsha® 3015 - 2-Plug Brake Control Wiring Adapter
- Tekonsha® 90160 - Primus™ IQ Electronic Brake Control
- Tekonsha® 3040-P - 2-Plug Brake Control Wiring Adapter
- Tekonsha® 9030 - Voyager™ Electronic Brake Control
- Tekonsha® 5280 - Primus™, Envoy™ and Pilot™ Mounting Kit Bracket
- Tekonsha® 5904 - P3™ T-Slot Metal Bracket
- Tekonsha® 3034 - 2-Plug Brake Control Wiring Adapter
- Tekonsha® 6927 - Primus™ Mounting Dash Clip
- Tekonsha® 3036 - 2-Plug Brake Control Wiring Adapter
- Tekonsha® 2178 - Voyager™, AccuTrac® and Pod® Mounting Kit Bracket
- Tekonsha® 5121TEK - Magnet Retaining Clip
- Tekonsha® 3045 - 2-Plug Brake Control Wiring Adapter
- Tekonsha® 3035-P - 2-Plug Brake Control Wiring Adapter
- Tekonsha® 50-85-325 - Breakaway System for 1 to 3 Axle Trailers with Electric Brakes
- Tekonsha® 5404 - Adjusting Screw Kit
- Tekonsha® 90250 - Prodigy™ RF Electronic Brake Control
- Tekonsha® 5787 - Wheel Bolt