Spectre Performance takes its roots from 1983 when Amir Rosenbaum started selling NylaBraid hose covers out of his parents' garage to earn some money. The company is now based in Ontario, California and has a team of enthusiastic staff who shares the same dedication to excellence in everything they do. Today Spectre Performance no longer sells NylaBraid but offers a wide range of products for classic and late-model muscle cars as well as trucks and SUVs.
- Spectre Performance® - Air Intake KitStarting at: $28.80$28.80
- Spectre Performance® - HPR™ OE Replacement Air FilterStarting at: $5.00$5.00
- Spectre Performance® - Differential CoverStarting at: $20.88$20.88
- Spectre Performance® - Cowl Hood Design ExtraFlow Air CleanerStarting at: $249.99$249.99
- Spectre Performance® - Cowl Hood Design Air CleanerStarting at: $199.99$199.99
- Spectre Performance® - Round ExtraFlow™ Air CleanerStarting at: $59.99$59.99
- Spectre Performance® - Round High Flow Air CleanerStarting at: $8.35$8.35
- Spectre Performance® - Air Intake KitStarting at: $49.99$49.99
- Spectre Performance® - Air Cleaner Chrome CoverStarting at: $0.00
- Spectre Performance® - Exhaust Header GasketsStarting at: $0.00
- Spectre Performance® - Transmission Oil PanStarting at: $19.29$19.29
- Spectre Performance® - Crankshaft PulleyStarting at: $20.16$20.16
- Spectre Performance® - Oil PanStarting at: $28.73$28.73
- Spectre Performance® - Timing TabStarting at: $2.40$2.40
- Spectre Performance® - Timing Cover KitStarting at: $15.87$15.87
- Spectre Performance® - Mass Airflow Sensor Adapter KitStarting at: $25.05$25.05
- Spectre Performance® - Engine Oil Dipstick with TubeStarting at: $5.00$5.00
- Spectre Performance® - Oil Pan / Timing Cover Bolt KitStarting at: $8.00$8.00
- Spectre Performance® - 4" Low-Profile Dual Plenum Air Intake KitStarting at: $229.99$229.99
- Spectre Performance® - 4" DTM™ Single Plenum Air Intake KitStarting at: $299.99$299.99
- Spectre Performance® - Engine Dress-Up KitStarting at: $38.02$38.02
The company is also famous for its fastest gasoline-powered vehicle on Earth – the Spectre Speedliner. This beast has broken the petrol-powered four-wheel land speed record, and the team isn't going to stop. But let's get back to the point. Spectre Performance makes high-end air intake systems and a scope of related accessories that increase performance while withstanding extreme operating conditions.
Pack loads of cool, fresh air into your engine today with Spectre's cold air intakes, plenums, and ducting. The manufacturer also makes custom fuel lines, hoses, filters, clamps, fittings, and adapters. Your engine bay lacks that extra finishing touch? You can simply dress it up with chrome hardware, oil pans, valve covers, and the like. If you still haven't unleashed your engine's full potential, it's high time it worked smarter.
All Spectre products are thoroughly tested under in-house laboratory conditions as well as the most rigorous race conditions to help you make your vehicle one-of-a-kind in terms of performance. Almost all Spectre Performance systems have a CARB exemption, which means that they meet emissions criteria. Though the CARB-certified parts are rathert expensive, they allow you to enjoy your customized vehicle on highways without causing damage to the environment.
We all know that cold air means more power. But would it truly make that significant change? The answer is, of course! The incoming air, heated by the engine, radiator, and exhaust can achieve temperatures of 200° F. With every 10° F reduction in the incoming air temperature, the engine gains 1,5 to 2% in torque and horsepower. With the Spectre air intake parts, designing your own air intake system is much easier than you might think. Just decide where the air is going to be coming from, everything else is almost a game.
| Posted by Glenn | (Calgary, AB)
You get what you pay for, $180 obviously isn't going to get you anything too incredible. However I have no complaints about this item, I wanted a cheap option that be function better than the stock. It did exactly that. $200 shipped for an air intake is very hard to beat. The product looks good and was very simple to install as it came with a very detailed instruction book. If you are looking for a cheap option to increase gas mileage, and get a few more horses on a slight budget this is your item. You won't be disappointed unless you have top shelf expectations for a discount priced item. Good value, would recommend.
| Posted by John L | (Oakland, CA)
Good product. Easy to install. Looked like the photo.
| Posted by Caleb | (Chadwick, IL)
Wow is all I can say. I installed this in my Mercury Mariner last month, and I can not believe the difference. I instantly felt more horsepower, and my average fuel economy went up slightly. Not to mention that it made my engine sound better. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a cheap way to boost the power.
| Posted by Brian | (Southlake, TX)
I had this installed by my favorite mechanic on my 2007 Tundra. The installation instructions are not that great, but it is not that difficult to do. Make sure you have the air sensor tube turned the correct direction or the motor will die. The gas mileage went up over 2 MPG for both highway and city driving, so I am very pleased with that, which was my goal... I now get over 17 MGP on the highway (5.7-L engine).
| Posted by Rob | (Kingston, ON)
Great product and great shipping. Looks amazing. Can definitely notice the improvement in vehicle performance right from the start. Only thing is difficult to install, as it does not come with an instruction manual. Had to use other means to put together. Otherwise, still was good to install and use. Recommend the product.
| Posted by Robert | (Houston, TX)
This has boosted my gas mileage up to almost 22 mpg on the highway! Works great!
Quality was okay. Not what expected but looked okay once installed.
It was exactly what I ordered. Looked just like what was in the picture. And was exactly what was in the description. At a great price. I could not ask for more! Great Business.
| Posted by Aj | (Chatsworth, GA)
The delay in shipping was all good, the product was good too. Thanks!
The 14" diam. round air cleaner I had was too large and interfered with the distributor and spark plug wiring. This unit fits the bill perfectly. It looks great, fits the space great and is very easy to maintain. Thanks!
- Popular Spectre Part Numbers
- Spectre Performance® 9900K - Air Intake Kit with Black HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® 9900 - Air Intake Kit with Red HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® HPR9881 - HPR™ High Flow Air Filter 6" Cone - 10.25" Tall - Red
- Spectre Performance® 4338 - 14-18 lb. Chrome Hex Radiator Cap
- Spectre Performance® 9918 - Air Intake Kit with Red HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® 9900B - Air Intake Kit with Blue HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® 9901B - Air Intake Kit with Blue HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® 9901 - Air Intake Kit with Red HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® 4358 - 5.5" Chrome Fan Shroud
- Spectre Performance® 25105 - 6.5"x 3.75" O.D. Oval Style Exhaust Tail Pipe Tip with Resonator
- Spectre Performance® 9833 - Inline Airbox with Cartridge Filter - 4" Diameter Housing - 3" Inlet/Outlet
- Spectre Performance® 9831 - Inline Airbox with Cartridge Filter - 6.1" Diameter Housing - 4" Inlet/Outlet
- Spectre Performance® 9571 - 3.5" Air Intake Tube Coupler - Black PVC
- Spectre Performance® 11251 - Power Plate Throttle Body Spacer
- Spectre Performance® 9405 - 3" Mass Airflow Sensor Adapter Kit
- Spectre Performance® 9918B - Air Intake Kit with Blue HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® 8741 - 3" Air Duct Hose - Black
- Spectre Performance® 9751 - 4" Air Duct Hose - Black
- Spectre Performance® 8130 - Air Filter Heat Shield - Short For Cone Filter
- Spectre Performance® 9903K - Air Intake Kit with Black HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® 9918K - Air Intake Kit with Black HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® 9935K - Air Intake Kit with Black HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® 9938 - Air Intake Kit with Red HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® 9932 - Air Intake Kit with Red HPR™ Filter
- Spectre Performance® 757W - 4" Single Low Profile Plenum with 90° Tube and White HPR Filter Air Intake Kit