Spectre Performance takes its roots from 1983 when Amir Rosenbaum started selling NylaBraid hose covers out of his parents' garage to earn some money and bring to life his 1967 Chevy Camaro Convertible. The company is now based in Ontario, California, and has a team of enthusiastic staff who share the same dedication to excellence in everything they do. Today Spectre Performance no longer sells NylaBraid but offers a comprehensive range of products for classic and late-model muscle cars as well as trucks and SUVs. According to our customers, Spectre Performance items function perfectly and they look professional sitting under their hood.
The company is also famous for its fastest gasoline-powered vehicle on Earth – the Spectre Speedliner. This beast has broken the petrol-powered four-wheel land speed record, and the team isn't going to stop. But let's get back to the point. Spectre Performance makes high-end air intake systems and a scope of related accessories that increase performance while withstanding extreme operating conditions. As a rule, Spectre cold air intake systems use the unique Spectre HPR® (High Performance Replacement) air filter, tested at over 400 mph in the Bonneville Salt Flats – the harshest environment in the world. Made of the most durable aluminum tubing, these performance intake systems are exactly what you need to replace the restrictive factory air filter and air box.
- Spectre Performance® - Air Intake Kit Starting at: $39.99 $39.99
- Spectre Performance® - HPR™ OE Replacement Air Filter Starting at: $4.99 $4.99
- Spectre Performance® - Engine Dress-Up Kit Starting at: $43.99 $43.99
- Spectre Performance® - Differential Cover Starting at: $23.99 $23.99
- Spectre Performance® - Transmission Oil Pan Starting at: $20.99 $20.99
- Spectre Performance® - Cowl Hood Design ExtraFlow Air Cleaner Starting at: $249.99 $249.99
- Spectre Performance® - Cowl Hood Design Air Cleaner Starting at: $199.99 $199.99
- Spectre Performance® - Round ExtraFlow™Air Cleaner Starting at: $59.99 $59.99
- Spectre Performance® - Round High Flow Air Cleaner Starting at: $9.99 $9.99
- Spectre Performance® - Air Intake Kit Starting at: $49.99 $49.99
- Spectre Performance® - Air Cleaner Chrome Cover Starting at: $22.99 $22.99
- Spectre Performance® - Exhaust Header Gaskets Starting at: $9.99 $9.99
- Spectre Performance® - Crankshaft Pulley Starting at: $20.99 $20.99
- Spectre Performance® - Oil Pan Starting at: $37.99 $37.99
- Spectre Performance® - Timing Tab Starting at: $1.99 $1.99
- Spectre Performance® - Timing Cover Kit Starting at: $18.99 $18.99
- Spectre Performance® - Mass Airflow Sensor Adapter Kit Starting at: $29.99 $29.99
- Spectre Performance® - Engine Oil Dipstick with Tube Starting at: $4.99 $4.99
- Spectre Performance® - Oil Pan / Timing Cover Bolt Kit Starting at: $7.99 $7.99
- Spectre Performance® - 4" Low-Profile Dual Plenum Air Intake Kit Starting at: $229.99 $229.99
- Spectre Performance® - 4" DTM™ Single Plenum Air Intake Kit Starting at: $299.99 $299.99
- Spectre Performance® - Inline Airbox with Cartrige Filter Starting at: $79.99 $79.99
- Spectre Performance® - Inlet Airbox Starting at: $169.99 $169.99
Pack loads of cool, fresh air into your engine today with Spectre's cold air intakes, plenums, and ducting. The manufacturer also makes custom fuel lines, hoses, filters, clamps, fittings, and adapters. Your engine bay lacks that extra finishing touch? You can simply dress it up with chrome hardware, oil pans, valve covers, and the like. If you still haven't unleashed your engine's full potential, it's high time it worked smarter. And our exhaustive selection of Spectre products ensures that you'll find the right part for your vehicle.
All Spectre products are thoroughly tested under in-house laboratory conditions as well as the most rigorous race conditions to help you make your vehicle one-of-a-kind in terms of performance. In addition, almost all Spectre Performance systems have a CARB (California Air Resource Board) exemption, which means that they meet emissions criteria. Though the CARB- certified parts are more expensive because of testing costs, they give the opportunity to enjoy your customized vehicle on highways and byways without causing damage to the environment.
We all know that cold air means more power. But would it truly make that significant change? The answer is, of course! The incoming air, heated by the engine, radiator, and exhaust can achieve temperatures of 200° F. With every 10° F reduction in the incoming air temperature, the engine gains 1,5 to 2% in torque and horsepower. With the Spectre air intake parts, designing your own air intake system is much easier than you might think. Just decide where the air is going to be coming from, everything else is almost a game.
| Posted by Caleb M. | (Chadwick, IL)
Wow is all I can say. I installed this in my Mercury Mariner last month, and I can not believe the difference. I instantly felt more horsepower, and my average fuel economy went up slightly. Not to mention that it made my engine sound better. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a cheap way to boost the power.
| Posted by Brian B. | (Southlake, TX)
I had this installed by my favorite mechanic on my 2007 Tundra. The installation instructions are not that great, but it is not that difficult to do. Make sure you have the air sensor tube turned the correct direction or the motor will die. The gas mileage went up over 2 MPG for both highway and city driving, so I am very pleased with that, which was my goal... I now get over 17 MGP on the highway (5.7-L engine).
| Posted by Rob L. | (Kingston, ON)
Great product and great shipping. Looks amazing. Can definitely notice the improvement in vehicle performance right from the start. Only thing is difficult to install, as it does not come with an instruction manual. Had to use other means to put together. Otherwise, still was good to install and use. Recommend the product.
The 14" diam. round air cleaner I had was too large and interfered with the distributor and spark plug wiring. This unit fits the bill perfectly. It looks great, fits the space great and is very easy to maintain. Thanks!
Bought this intake for my Nissan Titan. Easy to install. Looks great! Very reasonable price compared to others. Definite increase in horsepower and performance. Great sound too! Makes my V8 growl like it should. Only issue was one breather hose was too short. Called Spectre and they sent me another one with the correct size, no questions asked! Would buy again!
These hood pins are a great addition to any car with the need for hood pins. They are made of a solid design and a good solid material. I would recommend these hood pins to anyone looking for a good set.
7 reviews with an average rating of 5 out of 5 stars