Reese Trailer Hitches & Towing
Reese is the iconic trailer hitch company in the US, with products on the shelves continuously since the beginnings in 1952. The company was purchased by Cequent, and became part of their corporate empire. Reese’s product line includes virtually everything you need to set up a tow vehicle and trailer, from the smallest compact car with a 1-1/4" receiver-mounted bike rack to a 3500-seris dually towing a 5th wheel RV or flatbed equipment hauler.
- Reese® - Towing Starter Kit with Plastic Storage Case for 2" ReceiversStarting at: $55.23$55.23
- Reese® - Towing Starter Kit for 2" ReceiversStarting at: $43.06$43.06
- Reese® - Class 3 Quick-Loading Ball Mount for 2" ReceiversStarting at: $18.06$18.06
- Reese® - Class 5 Aluminum Ball Mount for 2" ReceiversStarting at: $57.62$57.62
- Reese® - Titan™ Ball Mount with Solid Shank for 2-1/2" ReceiversStarting at: $63.83$63.83
- Reese® - 5th WheelStarting at: $65.16$65.16
- Reese® - 5th Wheel Base AssemblyStarting at: $719.95$719.95
- Reese® - 5th Wheel Trailer HitchStarting at: $699.95$699.95
- Reese® - 5th Wheel Trailer HitchStarting at: $774.95$774.95
- Reese® - 5th AirborneStarting at: $679.86$679.86
- Reese® - Rear Trailer HitchStarting at: $11.78$11.78
- Reese® - Super Titan™ Pintle Hook Mounting Plate for 3" ReceiversStarting at: $155.84$155.84
- Reese® - Trunnion Bar Bolt-Together Weight Distribution KitStarting at: $53.79$53.79
- Reese® - Multi-Fit Motorhome Rear Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $220.63$220.63
- Reese® - Titan™ 2-1/2" to 2" Receiver ExtensionStarting at: $245.20$245.20
Pick and choose from not only a receiver-style hitch that fits your vehicle and is rated appropriately for your tow, but a wide assortment of ball mounts and balls with similar rating. It’s often necessary to choose a ball mount with rise or drop, to make the trailer ride level behind a truck with a much higher receiver opening, or a car with a much lower one. With three different ball sizes with different shank sizes, and five different weight classes, it’s not one-size-fits-all. And a poor choice in setting up a trailer can result in a dangerous, evil-handling setup.
Don’t forget that you’ll need brakes on that trailer unless it’s a very small popup or utility trailer. Reese has trailer brake electrical components as well as controllers. Look to Reese for simpler, timed controllers that are easy to install and use. Upgrade your hand-cranked tongue jack to a swing-away or even a powered version and make hooking up and dropping off a lot less laborious. That Reese hitch is good for more than trailering. Add a removable receiver-mounted cargo carrier or a bike rack for those things too bulky to put inside your truck.
One thing that’s necessary to ensure a sweet-towing rig is the appropriate amount of tongue weight. 10-15% of the trailer weight is best, and will greatly reduce sway. That, unfortunately, puts enough downforce on the ball of some vehicles to actually unload the front wheels as well as bottoming out the rear suspension. Reese provides several solutions for weight-distribution hitches, including a system optimized for smaller trailers with 150-350 lbs of tongue weight. That makes it great for towing with smaller vehicles like crossover SUVS and smaller pickups.
Reese is the best source or sway control products, with the Strait-Line and Dual Cam HP sway controls that make weight distribution an integral part of their action. They literally force the trailer back into line continuously, rather than simply resisting the sway. They also have a more conventional friction-type sway control, one that’s adjustable for various trailer weights.
Reese was founded in 1952 by TJ Reese, and his trailer hitches were snapped up by the burgeoning RV industry, which recognized their superior engineering and construction. By the late ‘60’s the towing industry asked Reese to develop the weight-class rating system in use today. This class breakdown makes it far easier to specify and procure hitches, ball mounts, balls and couplings with sufficient weight-bearing capacity for the task at hand. Reese continues to lead the industry with many innovations in the gooseneck and 5th wheel field.
Very pleased with my purchase. Transaction went very smoothly. Hitch was a perfect fit and a quality product. Will definitely use CARiD again for future purchases!
| Posted by Christina | (Moncure, NC)
I installed this on a 2013 Chevy 3500. I had seen others recommending dropping the fuel tank and exhaust. My frame had an access hole on the inside of the frame right in the middle of the two holes I needed to fish the bolts into. It was really much easier than dropping the fuel tank and exhaust. I did have to take a bolt out of the brake line bracket to move it out of the way, but it was not difficult. Very easy to install and quality of materials is excellent.
| Posted by Richard | (Loganville, GA)
Received the Reese hitch in a well-protected package. Everything was in the box with very easy to understand instructions. Being a steel fabricator, I inspected the material, design, and welding. All are outstanding! It took me, having never put one on, about 40 minutes to install. Fit was perfect. I would highly recommend this to anyone.
15 reviews with an average rating of 5 out of 5 stars