Z26 Extreme Street Performance Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads by PowerStop®. Brake Pad Clips Included. These Pads are for drivers drive high-performance cars on the street. If you demand shorter stopping distances under any conditions: hot, wet, hilly, cold, Power Stop Z26 pads deliver.
- Carbon Fiber infused Evolution ceramic formula for superior braking power
- The pad surfaces are thermal scorched for a fast break-in
- Chamfered and slotted like the OE pad to ensure noise-free braking
- Powder coated backing plate extends life by resisting rust and corrosion
- Premium stainless steel hardware kit included for easy installation
- Premium stainless steel shims provide virtually noise-free braking
- More stopping power than other leading brands
- More stopping power than OEM
- Metallic-ceramic compound
- Stable coefficient of friction (¼) at high temperatures to reduce brake fade
- High performance compound with quick brake response
- Low dust formulation leaves wheels clean longer
- Not for track use
- 3 years / 36,000 mile warranty when Power Stop rotors and pads are used together
In spite of the fact that Z26 pads deliver higher brake torque than OEM pads, their thermal stability is unsurpassed. If you’ve modified your car for more horsepower, or installed larger wheels and tires, then these pads will make your brakes as capable as the rest of the car. Their exclusive metallic-ceramic compound will resist fade up to 1500°F. And if you’re tired of washing your wheels every weekend because of ugly brake dust, then you’ll appreciate the Z26 low-dust formula.
Power Stop also uses the best technology for anti-squeal shims: constrained steel. A sandwich of two layers of steel with a viscoelastic layer between them prevents acoustic coupling between the pad and caliper piston, eliminating brake squeal. Other manufacturers attempt to use a single layer of steel or a layer of Teflon to achieve this. Power Stop’s solution, while pricier, is far more effective.
Founded in 1997 in Southern California, PowerStop began with the goal of bringing the benefits of superior brake components at a reasonable cost to street performance and backyard performance enthusiasts everywhere. Company management and engineers believed then, as they do today, that better brakes make driving more enjoyable and safer for any vehicle, terrain, and driving style – not just street performance. They developed a philosophy that while brake components cannot be superior without the most advanced materials, they also cannot perform in a superior fashion without matching the exact tolerances of each and every individual vehicle they are created for. Relentless development and testing led to brake pads, rotors, drum shoes, and other related components that delivered uncompromising fit and operation, and Power Stop’s customer base grew exponentially from positive word of mouth. The company still has its original passion for creating the best products at the best possible prices, so when it comes to replacement brake components for your vehicle, Power Stop is the only name you need to know.