EXEDY Clutches & Flywheels
EXEDY USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of the EXEDY Corporation of Japan. EXEDY was founded in 1923 and its clutch manufacturing business and brand name Daikin Clutch are known throughout the world for supplying quality powertrain products. EXEDY is also the undisputed world leader of performance sports and racing clutches. The US business was established in 1967 and EXEDY/Daikin products have been manufactured in the US since 1988.
- EXEDY® - Stage 1 Organic Racing Clutch KitStarting at: $245.99$245.99
- EXEDY® - Stage 2 Cerametallic Racing Clutch KitStarting at: $270.66$270.66
- EXEDY® - Stage 3 Racing Clutch KitStarting at: $1,121.46$1,121.46
- EXEDY® - Stage 4 Twin-Plate Racing Clutch KitStarting at: $1,694.94$1,694.94
- EXEDY® - Stage 5 Triple-Plate Racing Clutch KitStarting at: $2,206.96$2,206.96
- EXEDY® - OE Replacement Clutch KitStarting at: $39.02$39.02
- EXEDY® - Lightweight Racing FlywheelStarting at: $247.08$247.08
EXEDY is a major OEM supplier to the automotive and trucking industry worldwide. The original equipment manufacturers don’t design powertrain components anymore; they let the suppliers design and develop them to save money. That means the body of knowledge on what’s a properly-designed clutch resides in EXEDY’s several engineering headquarters, not at the vehicle manufacturers. The bottom line is that the best OEM-replacement clutch components come from EXEDY, who quite likely made them for the OEM in the first place.
If you’ve bumped up the power a bit, and partake of the occasional autocross or test and tune day at the strip (or, just maybe, a little clandestine street racing, you Bad Boy) you and your vehicle might benefit from a Stage 2 clutch. Equipped with a thick friction disc, it will have a little extra pedal pressure, but plenty of bite and less momentum for quicker spool-up and better speed shifting. Or, if you’re racing in a class that doesn’t permit much (or any) engine modification, install an EXEDY Stage 2 clutch with the thin disc and reduce momentum even more.
Building a dedicated race car? EXEDY has race-application clutch parts that are rated up to 800 lbs.-ft. of torque. They achieve this several ways. To start with, the pressure plate is an aluminum forging instead of a steel stamping. The extra stiffness of the aluminum allows better mechanical advantage, so pedal pressure is more reasonable. For serious racing, go to a two- or three-plate assembly. While a ceramic clutch lining might be grippy enough, serious racing applications use a carbon-fiber disc for the ultimate in grip.
Carbon fiber is different from most friction materials in that it gets a higher coefficient of friction the hotter the temperature. That’s the good news. The bad news is that at room temperature it has a fairly low Cf. That rules it out as a viable material for street use, because you couldn’t pull out of the drive without a couple of deliberate clutch slips to heat it up. It’s not a problem on the track, however, and carbon fiber will outlast an organic or ceramic disc several times in the severest service.
If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then counterfeiting is a real love-fest. And EXEDY clutch parts are regularly counterfeited worldwide. CARiD is an authorized EXEDY dealer: we source our parts directly from them, so there’s no chance of lesser parts being sold under the EXEDY name here.
| Posted by Steven | (Anaheim, CA)
Product looked great when I got the shipment, nothing was damaged I put it in last week and car runs great clutch disengagement from the engine is quick I'm pretty happy with CARiD's customer service and product value.
| Posted by Ronald | (Madison Heights, VA)
This clutch kit is very good for the price. Very grabby, no slip.
| Posted by Keven | (Lancaster, PA)
The quality of this product is worth every penny!
| Posted by Robin | (Satsuma, FL)
I got the clutch kit fast, and it went into the car fast with hardly any trouble. The clutch doesn't slip or make any noises, and I believe it to be a superior product. Very pleased with everything. This was my first mail ordered car part. It saved me around one hundred dollars. It was worth the three day wait to get the products.
| Posted by Jonathan | (Trenton, NJ)
Product was better than I expected. Pressure plate looked awesome.
| Posted by Francis | (Falling Waters, WV)
Installation was simple and straightforward even if you've only done it once. Grips Great and is easy to break in, very crisp shifts and improved throttle response.
| Posted by Logan | (Bronx, NY)
I just recently brought the Exedy clutch kit for my 07 Eclipse coupe and it is really extremely smooth when I shift gears. My mechanic didn't have any problems installing the replacement clutch, it came with all the necessary parts to do the installation as well. I would recommend this product if you need to buy a clutch kit for a great price.
| Posted by Gary | (Clever, MO)
Superb product. Have installed many clutches and this clutch is by far the best built I have seen for the money. I have found a home to purchase clutches in the future. Was very surprised to have the clutch in hand so soon. Cudos to all at the company.
| Posted by Eric | (Chicago, IL)
This clutch is so smooth. Shifting gears is like cutting butter. Definitely run it with a stock flywheel to get the most out of your clutch. It holds ALL the power.
| Posted by Audriel | (Honolulu, HI)
I am using this clutch with the RPS flywheel. It engages great. I can't really say if the pedal pressure is the same or greather than stock because I just went from a clutch that was extremely harder than stock. In light of that, the clutch pedal pressure is very light. Feels like how I remember stock. Does not chatter at all unless I'm running the A/C, and then it is hardly noticable. I am very pleased
- Popular EXEDY Part Numbers
- EXEDY® KHC08 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® MZK1001 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® 08022 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® KHC10 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® 06045 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® 10803A - Stage 1 Organic Racing Clutch Sport Kit
- EXEDY® 10803AHD - Stage 1 Organic Racing Clutch Sport Kit
- EXEDY® 06952 - Stage 2 Cerametallic Racing Clutch Sport Kit
- EXEDY® MBK1004LB - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® 05048 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® KMB03 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® FMK1011 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® 08951 - Stage 2 Cerametallic Racing Clutch Sport Kit
- EXEDY® 16063 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- Exedy® - W0133-1616578 Clutch Disc
- EXEDY® 06952FW - Stage 2 Cerametallic Racing Clutch Sport Kit
- EXEDY® 05803A - Stage 1 Organic Racing Clutch Sport Kit
- EXEDY® KHC12 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® 17036 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® KTY14 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® 16073 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® KNS10 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® 06032 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® KMB02 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit
- EXEDY® 05065 - OEM Replacement Clutch Kit