Bulldog Heavy Duty Towing and Jacks
Bulldog is one of a number of towing-related brands under the Cequent umbrella. Whether you need an upgraded gooseneck hitch for your pickup or a lock set for your coupler, Bulldog’s high-quality product line is the choice of dedicated professionals, both on the retail side and drivers who have to tow something all day, every day. They’re able to serve the needs of vacationers with popups and pros with 20,000 lb. commercial rigs.
Whether you’re fabricating, upgrading or maintaining a trailer, Bulldog is the valuable source for heavy-duty couplers, rated from 5,000 to 15,000 lbs. GTW. (GTW=Gross Trailer weight, what your trailer weighs at the curb, loaded with tools, toys, food, beer, water, propane or whatever. It’s usually substantially more than the weight on the title.) Bulldog’s heavy-duty line of couples fits both a-frame and round or straight tongues.
Bulldog is a major supplier of Gooseneck hitches. Their line of under-bed goosenecks install fast, without drilling or welding. Choose above-bed goosenecks with hidden balls, or folding balls. The revolutionary BX1 Gooseneck Coupler has 50% more area in the coupler pocket, (making hooking up simpler), one hand operation, integral grease fittings and easily retrofits to conventional gooseneck trailers.
Bulldog is among the best-known manufacturers of trailer jacks. They manufacture square jacks, round jacks, worm gear jacks, bevel gear jacks, and 12V powered jacks. If you use a trailer more than a few times a year a powered jack is more than a luxury, it’s a necessity. Or try one of their two-speed jacks, one that can shift gears to a much lower ratio when the jack is not just lowering or raising its foot, but actually carrying the weight of the trailer.
Add in Bulldog’s line of hitch and coupler locks, and an extensive catalog full of jack accessories, and you’ll appreciate what other trailering pros have known for years: there’s no skimping on quality when you need a trailer part or accessory that gets used regularly instead of sitting in the yard more than not. Add a new addition to their product line: Max-Frame no-drill receiver hitches for your car or truck.
Founded in 1919 in Wausau, WI above a car dealership by inventor Thomas J Jacob after an accident with a poorly-designed trailer hitch killed one of his prized hunting dogs, Bulldog is still in business. Several acquisitions later as part of Cequent Performance Products, Bulldog is still the leader in high-quality trailer hitches. With Cequent’s resources at their back, they promise to be in the same place after their second hundred years in business.
Get this for your hitch step, they make a great pair!
- Popular Bulldog Part Numbers
- Bulldog® 500106 - Bevel Gear Kit
- Bulldog® 5002581360 - Gear Kit for 190 Gearbox
- Bulldog® 1291010383 - Black Powder Coat Adjustable Lunette Ring
- Bulldog® 1550101344 - Zinc Plated Weld-On / Bolt-On A-Frame Round Jack (3000 lbs Capacity, 13" Travel, Side Wind, 7" Bracket to Ground Retracted)
- Bulldog® 1700100317 - Weld-On / Bolt-On A-Frame Round Jack (5000 lbs Capacity, 15" Travel, Side Wind, 8.4" Bracket to Ground Retracted)
- Bulldog® 150037 - Round Jack w/o Mount (2000 lbs Capacity, 15" Travel, Top Wind)
- Bulldog® 190758 - Pipe Mount HD Square Jack with Footplate (8000 lbs Capacity, 15" Travel, Side Wind, 12.66" Bracket to Ground Retracted)
- Bulldog® 028243 - Rectangular Mount Coupler with Safety Pin for 2" Hitch Ball
- Bulldog® 028655 - Collar-Lok L/Ball A-Frame Coupler (Low Profile)
- Bulldog® 67 0801 - Wedge Latch