On January 11, 1961, Emilio Bombassei and Italo Breda founded Officine Meccaniche di Sombreno, which became Brembo. Today, over 50 years later, Brembo is the leader in the brake system market and a multinational corporation with operations on 3 continents and manufacturing facilities in 12 countries. Brembo offers various brake system components for the automobile and motorcycle OE market, as well as a range of spares for the OE replacement market.
- Brembo®GT Series Cross Drilled Brake Kitsfrom $1,531.20
- Brembo®GT Series Brake Disc Upgradefrom $1,435.20
- Brembo®Sport Brake Padsfrom $118.50
- Brembo®Sport Drilled Rotorsfrom $150.29
- Brembo®GT Series Slotted Brake Kitsfrom $1,531.20
- Brembo®GT-R Series Slotted Brake Kitsfrom $6,140.16
- Brembo®Sport Slotted Rotorsfrom $150.29
- Brembo®GT-R Series Cross Drilled Brake Kitsfrom $6,140.16
Brembo produced their first brake parts in 1964, when they manufactured brake discs for the spare parts market. Soon, production broadened to include other brake system components. In the early 1970s, Brembo began producing brake parts for Europe’s finest motorcycles. In 1975, Enzo Ferrari asked Brembo to equip his Formula 1 cars, and soon after Brembo became the leading name for brake parts in all motorsports. Their motorsports experience has allowed the company to develop high performance brake system parts that become standard equipment on many high performance cars.
Developed using their extensive racing experience, Brembo brake performance upgrades allow enthusiasts to significantly improve their car’s braking performance. No longer must enthusiasts settle for long stopping distances and fading after a few hard brake applications. Your high performance car should stop as well as it goes. Brembo engineers design each upgrade kit for the specific vehicle. They select the exact combination of brake discs, calipers, and brake pads that will give you the best stopping power and be fully compatible with your master cylinder, ABS and traction control system.
The cast iron portion of the brake discs have greater thermal capacity to provide optimal braking without fade, and the cast iron alloy lasts longer than other high performance discs. Brake discs come slotted or cross drilled. Both kinds continually clean and refresh the pad surface, shed water and debris, prevent gas build-up and increase pad “bite”. Cross drilled discs offer extra cooling, while slotted discs offer increased durability. The cast iron rings are mated to lightweight, precision machined, aluminum billet center sections with Brembo’s proprietary hardware.
Brembo brake upgrade kits contain 2-piece, lightweight, vented, cross-drilled or slotted discs and lightweight aluminum, fixed multi-piston calipers, friction pads, braided steel hoses and all the necessary mounting hardware. The lightweight aluminum calipers are either 2-piece or of monobloc construction. Monobloc calipers are machined on a multi-axis CNC machine from a single block of billet. The calipers are mounted in fixed position over the brake disc so the caliper pistons can apply even pressure to the brake pads. Multiple piston calipers have sequential piston bores for even pad wear. The rigidness of the calipers coupled with the braided steel hoses stabilizes brake pressure, making it possible to modulate pedal pressure more precisely, with enhanced pedal feel.
| Posted by James | (Fort Bragg, NC)
Brakes went on just fine. They look and perform better than regular blanks. I was surprise at the low cost.
- Popular Brembo Part Numbers
- Brembo® 33S50217 - Sport Drilled Front Rotors
- Brembo® 1A4.5001A2 - GT Series Front Cross Drilled Red Brake Kit (4-Piston Caliper, 315x28 1-Piece Rotor)
- Brembo® 33S60124 - Sport Slotted Front Rotors
- Brembo® 1M1.9029A1 - GT Series Front Cross Drilled Black Brake Kit (Monobloc 6-Piston Caliper, 380x32 2-Piece Rotor)
- Brembo® 1H1.7001A1 - GT Series Front Cross Drilled Black Brake Kit (4-Piston Caliper, 332x32 2-Piece Rotor)
- Brembo® - W0133-1631681 Brake Drum
- Brembo® - W0133-1892462 Coated Brake Disc
- Brembo® - W0133-1929361 Coated Brake Disc
- Brembo® - W0133-1610170 Coated Brake Disc
- Brembo® 07.B314.20 - Sport Front Brake Pads