Body Armor 4x4 Off-Road Accessories
Body Armor is the newest venture of outdoor display and transit shelter manufacturer Tolar. Tolar has been in the metal fabrication business since 1991 and works out in its 55,000 sq. ft. facility in Corona, CA. They're right on the perimeter of California's off-roading dreamland, letting them tap that body of knowledge about what a serious off-roader wants and needs. They engineer, fabricate, paint, and ship all of their products from there.
- Body Armor®Winch Bumperfrom $128.15
- Body Armor®Rear Bumperfrom $323.34
- Body Armor®Trail Doorsfrom $147.78
- Body Armor®Tub Railsfrom $175.50
- Body Armor®Rockcrawler Side Barsfrom $254.04
- Body Armor®Tail Light Guardsfrom $98.12
- Body Armor®RockStepfrom $427.30
- Body Armor®Sport Rack Systemfrom $376.47
- Body Armor®Differential Coverfrom $138.59
Body Armor is big on replacement bumpers. The factory bumpers on most vehicles really don't fit the needs of serious off-roaders. They hang out too far for climbing or descending a steep ramp. They don't have provision for massed banks of off-road lights. They're too fragile to carry a proper winch. Body Armor builds a bumper that can take the abuse of the trail, engineered with steep approach angles, with provision for a big winch, massive spare tires, gas cans, and hi-lift jacks. These fabricated steel bumpers are covered in textured black powdercoat and can be touched up with a rattle can of flat black.
In addition to the abuse heaped on the bumpers, off-roading is tough on the body. Rocks and stumps reach out from every angle to punch holes in the rocker panels or dent the body tub. So add a set of Body Armor steel rails to the rocker area or tub to keep a sharp boulder from opening up the sheet metal like a thin aluminum beer can. Add a roof rack and move some gear out of the interior and you'll be able to go further from civilization for longer with only the supplies you have with you.
Body Armor specializes in fabricated steel solutions for the problems every off-roader faces every day on the trail. That includes light bars for night running, and roof racks for stowing enough gear for a long weekend of off-roading.
| Posted by Joseph | (Baytown, TX)
This of course doesn't stand up to the ARB or some heavy duty bumper but it is a great value for the price. Winch went on flawlessly and it was very easy to install. Had to get a friend to help lift it with the winch and that was about it. Like the fact that you can't get to the winch bolts after it is installed which help prevent winch theft. It does sit a little high under the front turn signals if you want to mount lights but shopping lights you can find the low profile LEDs and it looks great. Bolts for the stinger are silver so I may coat them black. Nice bumper and I would recommend for the economy build.
- Popular Body Armor 4x4 Part Numbers
- Body Armor® TC-2961 - Rear Bumper
- Body Armor® TN-2961 - Rear Bumper
- Body Armor® 3202 - Black Powder Coated D-rings
- Body Armor® TC-6124 - Mounting Kit for Sport Rack System
- Body Armor® - Front Winch Bumper
- Body Armor® 5129 - Main Basket for Sport Rack
- Body Armor® TN-5293 - Swing Arm Tire Carrier
- Body Armor® 5128 - Hi-Lift Adapter Kit for Swing Arm
- Body Armor® FJ-19336 - Front Winch Bumper
- Body Armor® TN-19335 - Front Winch Bumper