Wagner® is the innovator in braking technologies for passenger car, medium-duty and commercial applications. Wagner sets industry standards with leading engineering expertise and a commitment to ensuring that Wagner parts deliver superior braking performance. With comprehensive coverage, Wagner Brake provides all the components necessary for a complete brake repair. Wagner premium products offer exceptional quality all the latest applications.
Wagner® lighting products have been on the leading edge of auto lighting since the development of the sealed-beam headlamp. With an exclusive focus on automotive lighting, customers benefit from proven expertise in engineering and manufacturing OE components for the world's major automotive manufacturers. With comprehensive coverage, Wagner is enhancing driving visibility and safety for all your automotive replacement lighting needs.
H.A. Wagner started the Wagner Electric Manufacturing Company in two rooms on Olive Street in St. Louis, Missouri. The company’s first product was a self-starting motor for a desk fan, meaning no more hand cranking, a major breakthrough, as the electric fan held much the same appeal in the 1890s as air conditioning does today.
1909. The Horseless Carriage
Wagner engineers, always looking for new opportunities and applications, began to look at the horseless carriage, as the automobile industry moved beyond being a rich man’s plaything in the Gay Nineties to a true growth industry for the world. Wagner experimented with electric starters, electrical charging stations, storage batteries and even built a prototype electric car.
1912. Miniature Light Bulbs
As automobile lighting transitioned from acetylene fuel and kerosene lanterns, a new industry was starting to grow, that of electric light bulbs for automobiles. An early player in market was Tung-Sol.
Studebaker introduced Wagner self-adjusting brakes on its’ vehicles.
1953. Doubled in Size
Wagner plant capacity doubled in ten years and Wagner now employed a record 8,000 employees.
1955. Rubber Compound
Wagner pioneered the use of high-temperature-resistant rubber compound and high-boiling-point brake fluids.
Wagner merged with Tung-Sol to become the largest manufacturer of automotive light bulbs.
Wagner developed the dual-tandem master cylinder.
1966. Dual Cylinder
Dual cylinder brakes systems were introduced by Wagner based on a concept the company had patented in 1926.
LATE '90s. Wagner ThermoQuiet® LT
As part of its acquisition, Federal-Mogul obtained
the Wagner Lighting brand from Cooper Industries.
2000. Achieves #1 Position in Market
Wagner Brake re-launched as a full line offering.
2003. PACE™ Award winner
Wagner Brake recognized for automotive innovation.
2008. Laser-Shaped Friction
Introduced Laser-Shaped Friction™ technology into the ThermoQuiet® line.
R & D Facility
Wagner opened a state-of-the-art testing facility in Plymouth, Michigan.
2012. Wagner ThermoQuiet® CeramicNXT
Wagner incorporated ThermoQuiet® CeramicNXT brake pad formulations for low copper, less dust and longer pad life.
New Lighting Line-Up Launched
Wagner launched a new premium line-up of capsule lighting, including Wagner NightDefense™, Wagner BriteLite™ and Wagner TruView® PLUS, with differentiated features and benefits.
2013. 100% Low Copper
Wagner ThermoQuiet®NXT formulations meet OE21™ Low Copper requirements eight years before mandate.
2014. Made in the USA
Wagner ThermoQuiet® still predominantly made in U.S.A. at the Smithville, TN location.
TruView® PLUS LED
Wagner introduced to the marketplace Wagner TruView® PLUS LED miniature lamps, engineered to deliver 10+ years of performance, while projecting a whiter, brighter and deeper pattern of light.
2015. Market Leader in Innovative Products
Wagner poised to lead the market with new braking and lighting product innovations.