Volkswagen Beetle / Super Beetle 1.6L 1971, Power Pack Ignition Kit by TSP®. TSP's Power Pack Ignition Kit delivers high quality ignition components, all in one retail-friendly display box. It includes Pro Series Pro Billet distributor, 50,000 volt E-Core ignition coil, and 6AL style street ignition box. This kit is perfect for any hot-rodder who wants premium ignition parts at an affordable price. As an added bonus with this kit, the distributor features an adjustable collar for use with decked blocks.
- Designed for ultra high efficiency
- Provides better performance
- Keeps your engine in great shape
- Pro Series Pro Billet Distributor
- 50,000 V E-Core ignition Coil
- 6AL Style Street Ignition Box
Pro Series Pro Billet Distributor
TSP's PRO SERIES Pro Billet distributor features a high quality, fully adjustable mechanical advance and an accurate magnetic pick-up trigger. The CNC-machined aluminum body and hardened steel shaft, guided by a sealed ball bearing on top and a sintered steel bushing on the bottom, ensure stability up to 10,000 RPM. The distributor features solid brass terminals, a slip collar, and a color-matched wire retainer.
- Trigger Style: Magnetic Pick-Up
- Advance Type: Mechanical
- Cap Style: Male
- Mechanical Tach Drive: No
- Slip Collar: Yes
- Coil Included: No
- Coil Type: External
- Recommended Coil Output: 35,000+ Volts
- Gear Material: Melonized Steel
- Housing Material: Machined Aluminum
- Ignition Box: Required Yes
- Marine Use: No
- Cylinders: 8
- Included: 3 Bushings and 4 Springs for Mechanical Advance, Color-Matched Spark Plug Wire Retainer with Screws
Digital Ignition Control Box
TSP's digital 6AL style ignition control box uses the newest digital circuitry in the industry to provide maximum spark energy with less amp draw. The highly efficient electronics are housed inside a small aluminum case for easy mounting on the firewall or fender of any vehicle. With increased spark intensity this box will help any engine produce more power and increase throttle response.
- Spark: 135 - 145 Mj per Spark
- Primary Voltage: 520 - 540 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 Volts
- Spark Duration: 20° Crankshaft Rotation
- Current Draw: 0.7 Amps per 1,000 Rpm
- Dimensions: 4 1/8" X 8" X 2"
Core Ignition Coil
TSP's e-core ignition coil has a new design that better dissipates heat. Its square shape allows for easy mounting on a firewall or fender, and it comes with a plug wire connector for a clean installation. The e-core magnet puts out 50,000 volts, or about 70% more spark energy over most stock applications, giving you a much hotter and larger spark to burn fuel more efficiently and provide smooth acceleration thoroughout the entire RPM band.
- Coil Style: E-Core
- Internal Construction: Epoxy
- Primary Resistance: 0.35 Ohms
- Secondary Resistance: 8,000 Ohms
- Maximum Voltage: 50,000 Volts (V)
- Spark Duration: 200 Microseconds (µs)
- Peak Current: 260 Milliamperes (Ma)
- Turns Ratio: 100:1
- Inductance: 7.0 Millihenrys (Mh)
- Coil Shape: Square
- Housing Material: Billet Aluminum
- Coil Wire Attachment: Male
- Included: Wiring Harness, Plug Wire Connector, Mounting Hardware
TSP® is a privately-owned company based in Southern California. They have a respectable history in the automotive aftermarket industry, cultivating relationships with a global network of quality parts manufacturers along the way. This means that TSP are able to provide premium parts and bargain pricing, all guaranteed by one-year warranty. Whether you're looking for a part or two for your resto-mod or performance upgrade, or whether you're a shop or distributor looking to add TSP's high-quality performance parts to your product line, TSP has got you covered. Friendly and knowledgeable staff is ready to assist you in anything you may need.