Rear Third Member Assembly by Trail-Gear®. With ARB Air-Locker. All new parts, no used housings or internal parts. Ready to drop into your axle. Third members feature top quality ring & pinion gears and lockers. V6 units feature larger OEM style V6 gear sets with longer pinion gear. Each unit is setup with solid pinion spacers for long gear life. Triple drilled flanges included covers common driveshaft patterns.
- High Pinion units should only be used in front axle applications. Use in the rear axle will lead to ring and pinion failure.
- Spool lockers should only be used in rear applications. Spools will be harder on axles then a selectable or automatic locker.
|Housing Material: High Pinion|
- All new parts, no used housings or internal parts
- V6 units feature larger OEM style V6 gear sets with longer pinion gear
- Made to promote and inspire your off-road adventures
- Great solution for rock crawling applications
- Peerless quality at a great price
RING AND PINION BREAK-IN PROCEDURE
All new 3rd members require a break-in period to prevent damage from overheating. Any overloading or over-heating during this periods can cause the gear oil to break down resulting in ring and pinion failure.
After installation, drive litghtly for 20-30 minutes and then allow the diff to cool for at least two hours.
Avoid heavy throttle use during the first 500 miles.
Do not tow a trailer during the first 500 miles.
Change oil after 500 miles to remove any particles suspended in the oil.
This may seem unnecessary but it is very easy to damage the differential by loading it before the gear set is completely run in. New ring & pinion gears create excess heat when they are new. This excess heat can damage the heat treatment of the gears.
Trail-Gear® is a global leader in developing and manufacturing top-notch off-road products for the automotive industry. For over 12 years the company has served the industry providing first choice off-road solutions which inspire both professionals and average drivers throughout the world. Running the gamut from suspension and body parts, drivetrain and transmission components to lighting solutions, brake parts, recovery and towing products, they set industry standards for quality, reliability and performance that many other manufacturers use.