275/60R20 Winter & Snow Tires
- BRIDGESTONE®BLIZZAK DM-V2BLIZZAK DM-V2 Tires by Bridgestone®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. Ride your vehicle through winter with confidence with the Blizzak DM-V2 by Bridgestone. This tire is developed to provide improved grip and braking power on...Improved snow and ice performanceEnhanced water evacuation$278.87 eachSize: 275/60R20Load/Speed: 115=2679 Lbs Per Tire/R=106 mph$1,115.48 / set of 4
- GENERAL®GRABBER ARCTICGRABBER ARCTIC Tires by General® . Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance, Truck / SUV. The Grabber Arctic by General is a studdable winter tire that offers SUV/truck specific toughness with winter performance while maintaining a high...Duragen technology for cut and chip resistance in winter conditionsInterlocking winter sipes for stable handling and efficient braking$216.66 eachSize: 275/60R20Load/Speed: 116=2756 Lbs Per Tire/T=118 mph$866.64 / set of 4
- HANKOOK®I PIKE RW11I PIKE RW11 Tires by Hankook®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. Appropriate for all on- and off-road surfaces, this tire has strong braking power and excellent snow and ice traction. Its optimized stud pins allow for more...New, advanced 6-row stud pin arrangement.Center block enables better traction on snowy roads.$223.28 eachSize: 275/60R20Load/Speed: 114=2601 Lbs Per Tire/T=118 mph$446.56 / set of 2
- MASTERCRAFT®COURSER MSRCOURSER MSR Tires by Mastercraft®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Truck / SUV, All Terrain / Off Road / Mud. The Courser MSR is a premium winter SUV tire designed for drivers seeking excellent traction on snow or ice. Mastercraft snow...Ensure excellent control and grip on both ice and snow covered roadsExtended blocks provide improved handling and braking stability$196.61 eachSize: 275/60R20Load/Speed: 119=2998 Lbs Per Tire/S=112 mph$196.61 / set of 1
- TOYO®OBSERVE GSI-5OBSERVE GSI-5 Tires by Toyo®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance, Truck / SUV. The Observe GSi-5 provides excellent performance in demanding winter road conditions. Improved ice and snow capabilities, as well as long wear life,...Unidirectional Tread PatternSpider Sipe Technology$240.99 eachSize: 275/60R20Load/Speed: 114=2601 Lbs Per Tire/T=118 mph$963.96 / set of 4
- COOPER®DISCOVERER M+SDISCOVERER M+S Tires by Cooper®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Truck / SUV. The Discoverer M+S is Cooper’s premium studdable winter SUV/light truck tire designed for drivers looking for excellent traction on snow and ice. The..."Snow-Groove" design technology provides biting edges for excellent snow and ice traction without reducing tread element."D Squared" D2 sipe technology enhances winter performance while maintaining excellent wet traction.$204.97 eachSize: 275/60R20Load/Speed: 119=2998 Lbs Per Tire/S=112 mph$819.88 / set of 4
- DUNLOP®WINTER MAXX SJ8WINTER MAXX SJ8 Tires by Dunlop®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. Be ready for snow, sleet, ice, slush, or whatever else Mother Nature can throw your way with high quality snow tires offered at CARiD. Crafted from the toughest...Maxx Sharp Edge with Miura-Ori Sipes provides higher blade density to help prevent block distortion and increase tread-to-ice contactNano-Fit rubber combines flexibility and rigidity to help rubber tread adhere to the ice surface$275.20 eachSize: 275/60R20Load/Speed: 115=2679 Lbs Per Tire/R=106 mph$1,100.80 / set of 4
- TOYO®OBSERVE G3 ICEOBSERVE G3 ICE Tires by Toyo®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance, Truck / SUV. The Observe GSi-5 provides excellent performance in demanding winter road conditions. Improved ice and snow capabilities, as well as long wear life,...Improved Compound With High Levels of SilicaWide Evacuation Grooves$250.88 eachSize: 275/60R20Load/Speed: 115=2679 Lbs Per Tire/T=118 mph$1,003.52 / set of 4
Many late model vehicles are equipped with driver-assist systems like ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ABS (Anti-lock Brake Systems) and traction control, and with the ever-growing popularity of trucks, SUVs, and CUVs (Crossover Utility Vehicles), all-wheel drive and four-wheel drive systems have also become common. But while these systems are beneficial to driving safety, your ability to get around during treacherous winter driving conditions ultimately depends on the capabilities of your tires, and there’s no substitute for the traction provided by winter/snow tires.
The above mentioned electronic systems are definitely a tremendous aid to winter driving, but unfortunately they can create a false sense of security with drivers who believe that they are all they need to tackle driving in winter weather – a confidence that can be shattered when they find themselves stuck. The problem is that most of these same vehicles are equipped from the factory with all season tires, which are fine for driving during the occasional light snow and moderately cold temperatures, but inadequate for driving in heavy snow, ice, and severe cold.
All season tires are a compromise, designed for year-round use. However, the tread pattern and rubber compound that allows them to provide good performance on hot, dry summer roads is less than ideal for extreme winter weather. In contrast, winter/snow tires are made for one purpose – traction in snow, ice and severe cold. Winter/snow tires have deeper tread and wider spacing between tread blocks to prevent packing with snow, and the tread pattern is more aggressive for traction in snow. They have chamfered tread blocks with extensive siping to provide grip on icy roads. The rubber compound is designed to remain pliable even at very cold temperatures to further improve grip. And for extremely icy conditions studdable (studded) tires are available, which can be fitted with metal studs.
If you live in an area that gets significant snowfall and the temperature routinely drops below freezing, and you want to safely navigate winter roads and get the most benefit from your vehicle’s electronic driver’s aid systems, then winter/snow tires are a must. But you don’t have to measure tread depth, compare tread patterns, or go around with a durometer comparing tire hardness to determine whether a tire can handle winter roads – just look at the tire sidewall. Tires that deliver the highest levels of traction on snow, ice and in extreme cold bear the mountain/snowflake symbol, which can be found on the sidewall next to the M + S (Mud & Snow) mark. This traction standard has been set by the U.S. RMA (Rubber Manufacturers Association) and only tires that qualify can bear this symbol.
But don’t think that their traction capabilities makes all of our winter/snow tires “one trick ponies”. We offer winter/snow tires for a wide range of vehicles and applications, and in sizes from 13” to 22”. With our performance winter/snow tires you’ll be ready for ice and snow without completely giving up the dry road traction that allows you to enjoy good handling at speed during spirited driving. Many of our all-terrain winter/snow tires combine the grip you need in deep snow and on icy roads with the proficiency you expect in dirt and mud when venturing off road. And our winter/snow tires for trucks, SUVs, CUVs and commercial vehicles combine snow, ice, and cold weather traction competencies with the rugged construction needed by larger and heavier vehicles.
We recommend that winter/snow tires always be installed in sets of four, even if you have front-wheel or rear-wheel drive. Remember, traction is just as important for braking and turning as it is for driving the wheels. Because of their specialized design, winter/snow tires should not be used in warm weather on dry pavement. The softer rubber compound will wear faster, and because the deep, aggressive tread, and widely spaced tread blocks leave less rubber on the road, traction, handling and braking capabilities on dry roads will be inferior to all season or summer tires. Many vehicle owners mount their winter/snow tires on a set of steel wheels, which makes changeover to all season or summer tires easy and helps keep the alloy wheels those tires are mounted on in top shape.