235/40R19 Winter & Snow Tires
- BRIDGESTONE®BLIZZAK LM-32BLIZZAK LM-32 Tires by Bridgestone®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. The Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32 is developed for those drivers who are looking for premium performance on winter’s demanding snow covered roads. With a set...Superior grip and snow shearing forceImpressive grip and control in winter driving conditions$324.51 eachSize: 235/40R19Load/Speed: 96=1565 Lbs Per Tire/V=149 mph$324.51 / set of 1
- MICHELIN®PILOT ALPIN PA4PILOT ALPIN PA4 Tires by Michelin®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Fuel Efficient. Be ready for snow, sleet, ice, slush, or whatever else Mother Nature can throw your way with high quality snow tires offered at CARiD. Crafted from the...Ensure excellent control and grip on both ice and snow covered roadsExtended blocks provide improved handling and braking stability$360.12 eachSize: 235/40R19Load/Speed: 92=1389 Lbs Per Tire/V=149 mph$1,440.48 / set of 4
- CONTINENTAL®CONTIWINTERCONTACT TS830PCONTIWINTERCONTACT TS830P Tires by Continental®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. The ContiWinterContact TS830 P is a high-performance winter tire with exceptional braking and strong, reliable traction on winter roads, as well...Improved braking performance on snow and ice.Superior mileage and longer tread wear.$296.18 eachSize: 235/40R19Load/Speed: 92=1389 Lbs Per Tire/V=149 mph$1,184.72 / set of 4
- Improved braking performance on snow and ice.Superior mileage and longer tread wear.$296.18 eachSize: 235/40R19Load/Speed: 96=1565 Lbs Per Tire/V=149 mph$1,184.72 / set of 4
- CONTINENTAL®CONTIWINTERCONTACT TS860SCONTIWINTERCONTACT TS860S Tires by Continental®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. The CONTIWINTERCONTACT TS860S is a winter sports tire that combines superb handling with good wet grip and outstanding cornering stability on...Improved handling on wintery roads.Stiff shoulder blocks for cornering stability.$288.61 eachSize: 235/40R19Load/Speed: 96=1565 Lbs Per Tire/V=149 mph$1,154.44 / set of 4
- DUNLOP®SP WINTER SPORT 3DSP WINTER SPORT 3D Tires by Dunlop®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. This automotive tire is optimized to handle every kind of winter condition, thanks to three different sipes positioned on specific parts of the tire. It...Active Traction Sipe System incorpotates 3 unique types of sipes for superior cornering, handling, and brakingCentral block "pulling" sipes ensure excellent performance, traction, and braking in ice and snow$315.35 eachSize: 235/40R19Load/Speed: 96=1565 Lbs Per Tire/V=149 mph$1,261.40 / set of 4
- PIRELLI®WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIES 3WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIES 3 Tires by Pirelli®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. The WINTER SOTTOZERO™ 3 is the winter tire for high-end premium vehicles. It has been designed taking into account the evolution of modern vehicles...Directional Double Arrows Pattern Design3D - Sipe Technology$242.87 eachSize: 235/40R19Load/Speed: 96=1565 Lbs Per Tire/V=149 mph$971.48 / set of 4
- PIRELLI®WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIES 2WINTER SOTTOZERO SERIES 2 Tires by Pirelli®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. The WINTER SOTTOZERO™ 2 is the ideal choice for sports cars and top end vehicles, balancing performance, safety and respect for the environment....New Temperature Dynamic Compound (TDC) safety and enjoyment when driving in autumn and winter weather conditionsAsymmetrical tread pattern for snow traction and riding comfort$285.57 eachSize: 235/40R19Load/Speed: 96=1565 Lbs Per Tire/W=168 mph$1,142.28 / set of 4
- PIRELLI®WINTER 240 SOTTOZERO SERIES IIWINTER 240 SOTTOZERO SERIES II Tires by Pirelli®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. The WINTER SOTTOZERO™ SERIES II is perfect for sports cars and top-end vehicles. The asymmetric tread pattern is divided into two distinct...Asymmetrical Tread Pattern: Internal AreaAsymmetrical Tread Pattern: External Area$247.91 eachSize: 235/40R19Load/Speed: 92=1389 Lbs Per Tire/V=149 mph$991.64 / set of 4
Many late model vehicles are equipped with driver-assist systems like ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ABS (Anti-lock Brake Systems) and traction control, and with the ever-growing popularity of trucks, SUVs, and CUVs (Crossover Utility Vehicles), all-wheel drive and four-wheel drive systems have also become common. But while these systems are beneficial to driving safety, your ability to get around during treacherous winter driving conditions ultimately depends on the capabilities of your tires, and there’s no substitute for the traction provided by winter/snow tires.
The above mentioned electronic systems are definitely a tremendous aid to winter driving, but unfortunately they can create a false sense of security with drivers who believe that they are all they need to tackle driving in winter weather – a confidence that can be shattered when they find themselves stuck. The problem is that most of these same vehicles are equipped from the factory with all season tires, which are fine for driving during the occasional light snow and moderately cold temperatures, but inadequate for driving in heavy snow, ice, and severe cold.
All season tires are a compromise, designed for year-round use. However, the tread pattern and rubber compound that allows them to provide good performance on hot, dry summer roads is less than ideal for extreme winter weather. In contrast, winter/snow tires are made for one purpose – traction in snow, ice and severe cold. Winter/snow tires have deeper tread and wider spacing between tread blocks to prevent packing with snow, and the tread pattern is more aggressive for traction in snow. They have chamfered tread blocks with extensive siping to provide grip on icy roads. The rubber compound is designed to remain pliable even at very cold temperatures to further improve grip. And for extremely icy conditions studdable (studded) tires are available, which can be fitted with metal studs.
If you live in an area that gets significant snowfall and the temperature routinely drops below freezing, and you want to safely navigate winter roads and get the most benefit from your vehicle’s electronic driver’s aid systems, then winter/snow tires are a must. But you don’t have to measure tread depth, compare tread patterns, or go around with a durometer comparing tire hardness to determine whether a tire can handle winter roads – just look at the tire sidewall. Tires that deliver the highest levels of traction on snow, ice and in extreme cold bear the mountain/snowflake symbol, which can be found on the sidewall next to the M + S (Mud & Snow) mark. This traction standard has been set by the U.S. RMA (Rubber Manufacturers Association) and only tires that qualify can bear this symbol.
But don’t think that their traction capabilities makes all of our winter/snow tires “one trick ponies”. We offer winter/snow tires for a wide range of vehicles and applications, and in sizes from 13” to 22”. With our performance winter/snow tires you’ll be ready for ice and snow without completely giving up the dry road traction that allows you to enjoy good handling at speed during spirited driving. Many of our all-terrain winter/snow tires combine the grip you need in deep snow and on icy roads with the proficiency you expect in dirt and mud when venturing off road. And our winter/snow tires for trucks, SUVs, CUVs and commercial vehicles combine snow, ice, and cold weather traction competencies with the rugged construction needed by larger and heavier vehicles.
We recommend that winter/snow tires always be installed in sets of four, even if you have front-wheel or rear-wheel drive. Remember, traction is just as important for braking and turning as it is for driving the wheels. Because of their specialized design, winter/snow tires should not be used in warm weather on dry pavement. The softer rubber compound will wear faster, and because the deep, aggressive tread, and widely spaced tread blocks leave less rubber on the road, traction, handling and braking capabilities on dry roads will be inferior to all season or summer tires. Many vehicle owners mount their winter/snow tires on a set of steel wheels, which makes changeover to all season or summer tires easy and helps keep the alloy wheels those tires are mounted on in top shape.