215/85R16 Winter & Snow Tires
- BRIDGESTONE®BLIZZAK W965BLIZZAK W965 Tires by Bridgestone®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. Come snow or ice, the Blizzak W965 with UNI-T is built for business as usual, to keep commercial light trucks and vans on the move in winter weather. The...Improved snow performance for commercial useImproved grip and ice traction$206.69 eachSize: 215/85R16Load Index: 115=2679 Lbs Per TireSpeed Rating: Q=99 mph$620.07 / set of 3
- FIRESTONE®WINTERFORCE LTWINTERFORCE LT Tires by Firestone®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance, Truck / SUV. The Firestone Winterforce LT is a standout truck tire especially built for exceptional winter performance. With impressive traction and...Ensure excellent control and grip on both ice and snow covered roads.Extended blocks provide improved handling and braking stability.$152.04 eachSize: 215/85R16Load Index: 115=2679 Lbs Per TireSpeed Rating: R=106 mph$608.16 / set of 4
- HANKOOK®I PIKE RW11I PIKE RW11 Tires by Hankook®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. Appropriate for all on- and off-road surfaces, this tire has strong braking power and excellent snow and ice traction. Its optimized stud pins allow for more...New, advanced 6-row stud pin arrangement.Center block enables better traction on snowy roads.$193.47 eachSize: 215/85R16Load Index: 112=2469 Lbs Per TireSpeed Rating: Q=99 mph$773.88 / set of 4
- MASTERCRAFT®COURSER MSRCOURSER MSR Tires by Mastercraft®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Truck / SUV, All Terrain / Off Road / Mud. The Courser MSR is a premium winter SUV tire designed for drivers seeking excellent traction on snow or ice. Mastercraft snow...Ensure excellent control and grip on both ice and snow covered roadsExtended blocks provide improved handling and braking stability$156.81 eachSize: 215/85R16Load Index: 112=2469 Lbs Per TireSpeed Rating: Q=99 mph$627.24 / set of 4
- BFGOODRICH®COMMERCIAL T/A TRACTIONCOMMERCIAL T/A TRACTION Tires by BFGoodrich®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Commercial (HD), Truck / SUV, All Terrain / Off Road / Mud. A truck and fleet tire with aggressive tread to go wherever your route requires. Tread designed for...High-Traction Tread DesignOptimized Footprint$198.42 eachSize: 215/85R16Load Index: 110=2337 Lbs Per TireSpeed Rating: Q=99 mph$793.68 / set of 4
- CONTINENTAL®CONTICROSSCONTACT WINTERCONTICROSSCONTACT WINTER Tires by Continental®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. The CrossContactWinter is a powerfully-built winter tire for heavy 4x4 vehicles, featuring strong snow traction and excellent braking performance...Excellent snow and wet traction.Predictable steering and handling.$214.97 eachSize: 215/85R16Load Index: 112=2469 Lbs Per TireSpeed Rating: Q=99 mph$859.88 / set of 4
- COOPER®DISCOVERER M+SDISCOVERER M+S Tires by Cooper®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Truck / SUV. The Discoverer M+S is Cooper’s premium studdable winter SUV/light truck tire designed for drivers looking for excellent traction on snow and ice. The..."Snow-Groove" design technology provides biting edges for excellent snow and ice traction without reducing tread element."D Squared" D2 sipe technology enhances winter performance while maintaining excellent wet traction.$172.51 eachSize: 215/85R16Load Index: 115=2679 Lbs Per TireSpeed Rating: Q=99 mph$690.04 / set of 4
- NEXEN®WINGUARD WINSPIKEWINGUARD WINSPIKE Tires by Nexen®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance. Winguard Winspike tires are molded for installing studs that dig into snow or ice for better traction. The optimized arrangement of sipes and block rigidity in...Designed To Provide Superior TractionWill Give You The Ultimate Driving Experience$137.37 eachSize: 215/85R16Load Index: 115=2679 Lbs Per TireSpeed Rating: Q=99 mph$549.48 / set of 4
- TOYO®OPEN COUNTRY WLT1OPEN COUNTRY WLT1 Tires by Toyo®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Performance, Truck / SUV. Tough winter jobs just got a little bit easier. The Open Country WLT1 provides excellent winter driving capabilities for a variety of heavy-duty...Wider Tread Footprint and Advanced Tread DesignWider Deep Grooves$158.44 eachSize: 215/85R16Load Index: 115=2679 Lbs Per TireSpeed Rating: Q=99 mph$633.76 / set of 4
- UNIROYAL®LAREDO HD/TLAREDO HD/T Tires by Uniroyal®. Season: Winter / Snow. Type: Truck / SUV, Commercial (HD). This is a commercial tire for hard to reach job sites and extreme weather conditions. It has the traction and durability to help get you through...Aggressive tread designHelps conquer the winter elements$176.65 eachSize: 215/85R16Load Index: 110=2337 Lbs Per TireSpeed Rating: Q=99 mph$706.60 / set of 4
Many late model vehicles are equipped with driver-assist systems like ESC (Electronic Stability Control), ABS (Anti-lock Brake Systems) and traction control, and with the ever-growing popularity of trucks, SUVs, and CUVs (Crossover Utility Vehicles), all-wheel drive and four-wheel drive systems have also become common. But while these systems are beneficial to driving safety, your ability to get around during treacherous winter driving conditions ultimately depends on the capabilities of your tires, and there’s no substitute for the traction provided by winter/snow tires.
The above mentioned electronic systems are definitely a tremendous aid to winter driving, but unfortunately they can create a false sense of security with drivers who believe that they are all they need to tackle driving in winter weather – a confidence that can be shattered when they find themselves stuck. The problem is that most of these same vehicles are equipped from the factory with all season tires, which are fine for driving during the occasional light snow and moderately cold temperatures, but inadequate for driving in heavy snow, ice, and severe cold.
All season tires are a compromise, designed for year-round use. However, the tread pattern and rubber compound that allows them to provide good performance on hot, dry summer roads is less than ideal for extreme winter weather. In contrast, winter/snow tires are made for one purpose – traction in snow, ice and severe cold. Winter/snow tires have deeper tread and wider spacing between tread blocks to prevent packing with snow, and the tread pattern is more aggressive for traction in snow. They have chamfered tread blocks with extensive siping to provide grip on icy roads. The rubber compound is designed to remain pliable even at very cold temperatures to further improve grip. And for extremely icy conditions studdable (studded) tires are available, which can be fitted with metal studs.
If you live in an area that gets significant snowfall and the temperature routinely drops below freezing, and you want to safely navigate winter roads and get the most benefit from your vehicle’s electronic driver’s aid systems, then winter/snow tires are a must. But you don’t have to measure tread depth, compare tread patterns, or go around with a durometer comparing tire hardness to determine whether a tire can handle winter roads – just look at the tire sidewall. Tires that deliver the highest levels of traction on snow, ice and in extreme cold bear the mountain/snowflake symbol, which can be found on the sidewall next to the M + S (Mud & Snow) mark. This traction standard has been set by the U.S. RMA (Rubber Manufacturers Association) and only tires that qualify can bear this symbol.
But don’t think that their traction capabilities makes all of our winter/snow tires “one trick ponies”. We offer winter/snow tires for a wide range of vehicles and applications, and in sizes from 13” to 22”. With our performance winter/snow tires you’ll be ready for ice and snow without completely giving up the dry road traction that allows you to enjoy good handling at speed during spirited driving. Many of our all-terrain winter/snow tires combine the grip you need in deep snow and on icy roads with the proficiency you expect in dirt and mud when venturing off road. And our winter/snow tires for trucks, SUVs, CUVs and commercial vehicles combine snow, ice, and cold weather traction competencies with the rugged construction needed by larger and heavier vehicles.
We recommend that winter/snow tires always be installed in sets of four, even if you have front-wheel or rear-wheel drive. Remember, traction is just as important for braking and turning as it is for driving the wheels. Because of their specialized design, winter/snow tires should not be used in warm weather on dry pavement. The softer rubber compound will wear faster, and because the deep, aggressive tread, and widely spaced tread blocks leave less rubber on the road, traction, handling and braking capabilities on dry roads will be inferior to all season or summer tires. Many vehicle owners mount their winter/snow tires on a set of steel wheels, which makes changeover to all season or summer tires easy and helps keep the alloy wheels those tires are mounted on in top shape.