285/30R20 Summer Tires
- NEXEN®N FERA SU1N FERA SU1 Tires by Nexen®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The N Fera SU1 is your summer tire of choice when it comes to navigating through a sudden storm or cruising on a desert road. The tire’s 3 main grooves and 1 semi-groove...Excellent Performance On The Wet RoadDry Grip Technology For Efficient Braking$184.68 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$738.72 / set of 4
- SUMITOMO®HTR Z IIIHTR Z III Tires by Sumitomo®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The HTRZ III offers maximum performance across a range of conditions. Combining euro performance with street tuner appeal, the HTRZ III delivers enhanced wet and dry...Five rib asymmetric tread patternLong lateral grooves$182.94 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$731.76 / set of 4
- TOYO®PROXES T1 SPORTPROXES T1 SPORT Tires by Toyo®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The ultra-high performance Proxes T1 Sport is the Toyo’s tire designed for high-end sport coupes and sedans. It combines indisputable performance characteristics with...Wide Outer BlocksWide Straight Grooves$206.86 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$827.44 / set of 4
- CONTINENTAL®CONTISPORTCONTACT 5PCONTISPORTCONTACT 5P Tires by Continental®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The ContiSportContact 5P tire is designed with the most prestigious sports cars, performance sedans, and coupes in mind. Thanks to the special zero-degree...Excellent grip in dry and wet conditions.Outstanding braking performance at any speed.$304.19 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$1,216.76 / set of 4
- HANKOOK®VENTUS V12 EVO2 K120VENTUS V12 EVO2 K120 Tires by Hankook®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. This top-of-the-range tire was designed specifically for drivers who like to express their own style and crave for unsurpassed performance in sports driving....Special indicator will help you check vehicle alignment.Aqua jet channels water to the main groove wall.$223.61 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$894.44 / set of 4
- FALKEN®AZENIS FK510AZENIS FK510 Tires by Falken®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. Falken’s latest generation ultra high performance summer tire, the AZENIS FK510 is designed for drivers of premium vehicles looking for excellent grip and outstanding...Tension Control TechnologyAdaptive Constant Pressure (ACP) Pattern Design$210.04 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$840.16 / set of 4
- GOODYEAR®EAGLE F1 SUPERCAREAGLE F1 SUPERCAR Tires by Goodyear®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. For responsive handling, maneuverability, and enhanced wet traction, rely on this high-performance tire from Goodyear. In addition to exceptional efficiency, Eagle...Give you high performance in hot summer conditions.Offer excellent grip and superior handling on dry or wet roads.$322.99 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 95/Y$1,291.96 / set of 4
- MICHELIN®PILOT SPORT 4 SPILOT SPORT 4 S Tires by Michelin®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance, Track / Competition. Enables ultra-high performance vehicles to achieve their full performance. Original equipment summer tire for vehicles like Mercedes, BMW and...Outstanding wet controlConfidence and security on the highway$343.34 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$1,373.36 / set of 4
- MICHELIN®PILOT SUPER SPORTPILOT SUPER SPORT Tires by Michelin®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance, Track / Competition. Born from endurance racing, Michelin Pilot Super Sport gives you the exhilaration of driving the best performing street tire in the world....Up to 12% better handling than leading competitorsUp to 2x longer lasting than leading competitors$327.97 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$1,311.88 / set of 4
- NITTO®INVOINVO Tires by Nitto®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. This INVO tire is a high performance street tire that provides a blend of performance, ride comfort and quality. Specifically developed for staggered sized applications commonly...3D Multiwave SipesCompound$255.00 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/W$1,020.00 / set of 4
- NITTO®NT555 G2NT555 G2 Tires by Nitto®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. This is the next generation ultra high performance street tire designed with the performance driver in mind. With increased traction, handling and wet-braking capabilities,...Larger Tread BlocksTwin Center Ribs$236.00 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/W$944.00 / set of 4
- PIRELLI®P ZEROP ZERO Tires by Pirelli®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The Pirelli P ZERO tire is designed to provide excellent grip in wet conditions with improved safety in potential aquaplaning situations. Its asymmetric tread pattern improves...Three Wide Longitudinal GroovesS-Shape Tread Design$315.09 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$1,260.36 / set of 4
- GOODYEAR®EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC 3 ROF (RUN FLAT)EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC 3 ROF Tires by Goodyear®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance, Run Flat. It's not a secret that on the road a split second can mean the difference between an unfortunate accident and a lucky escape. Goodyear's new...Superior dry handling.Enhanced steering precision and handling.$331.99 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 95/Y$1,327.96 / set of 4
- MICHELIN®PILOT SUPER SPORT ZPPILOT SUPER SPORT ZP Tires by Michelin®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance, Track / Competition, Run Flat. Born from endurance racing, Michelin Pilot Super Sport gives you the exhilaration of driving the best performing street tire in...Up to 12% better handling than leading competitorsUp to 2x longer lasting than leading competitors$451.84 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 95/Y$1,807.36 / set of 4
- TOYO®PROXES R888RPROXES R888R Tires by Toyo®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance, Track / Competition. The Proxes R888R is the Toyo Tires’ new competition radial that has been developed to provide highly competitive dry handling capabilities with...High Grip Race CompoundLarge Tread Blocks$397.38 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 95/Y$1,589.52 / set of 4
- CONTINENTAL®EXTREMECONTACT SPORTEXTREMECONTACT SPORT Tires by Continental®. Season: Summer. Type: Track / Competition, Performance. Tested to the limits by championship-winning race car drivers, the ExtremeContact Sport tire will satisfy even the most demanding...Precise handling and steering on wet, slippery roads.Increased tread life.$280.70 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$1,122.80 / set of 4
- BRIDGESTONE®POTENZA RE760 SPORTPOTENZA RE760 SPORT Tires by Bridgestone®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. Finally, a tire that lets drivers, in any car, on any road, maximize their driving pleasure. The moment you shift gears and turn the wheel, this great tire...Summer ultra-high performanceQuick response and control$256.35 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/W$1,025.40 / set of 4
- BRIDGESTONE®POTENZA S-04 POLE POSITIONPOTENZA S-04 POLE POSITION Tires by Bridgestone®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. Redefine your image of ultra-high performance with the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position tire. Drawing on vast experience in premier motorsports...Enhanced wet and dry tractionImproved steering response$289.44 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$1,157.76 / set of 4
- HANKOOK®VENTUS V12 EVO K110VENTUS V12 EVO K110 Tires by Hankook®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The Ventus V12 Evo is a new ultra-high performance tire that combines superb control and braking performance, providing an unrivaled comfort during high-speed...Boasts elaborate design with a 3D effect on the block edge.Solid center rib block improves handling and braking.$217.95 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$871.80 / set of 4
- DUNLOP®SP SPORT MAXX RTSP SPORT MAXX RT Tires by Dunlop®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The SportMaxx RT delivers superb wet and dry grip thanks to adaptive compound technology. Motorsports derived polymers adapt to the textures of the road surface,...The adaptive tread compound helps deliver racing grip and improved braking performanceMassive outer shoulder blocks help promote increased stability and sure handling when cornering$384.01 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$1,536.04 / set of 4
- HANKOOK®VENTUS S1 EVO K107VENTUS S1 EVO K107 Tires by Hankook®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. Specially designed for those drivers who travel a lot around the country and have to drive in various weather conditions, all-season tires are definitely a bang...Allow for responsive handling in any weather conditions.Enhanced traction and superb cornering, even in light snow.$266.12 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$1,064.48 / set of 4
- MICHELIN®PILOT SPORT CUP 2PILOT SPORT CUP 2 Tires by Michelin®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance, Track / Competition. Developed to meet the needs of top car manufacturers. This present day tire is original equipment on specialty performance vehicles such as...Lasting performancePowerful wet and dry cornering$473.56 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$1,894.24 / set of 4
- DUNLOP®SP SPORT MAXXSP SPORT MAXX Tires by Dunlop®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. This modern tire features Multi-Radius Tread Technology which helps deliver superb dry handling while maintaining wet traction. Twin Hydro-Paddle Technology incorporates...Superb dry handlingEfficient water evacuation$704.93 eachSize: 285/30R20Load/Speed: 99/Y$2,819.72 / set of 4
Dedicated winter/snow tires are the most effective for driving in heavy snow, ice and extreme cold, but once the mercury rises and the last of the ice and snow has disappeared you could be better off switching to a summer tire rather than an all season tire. All season tires are a compromise, and the same trade-offs that make them less than ideal for winter weather also work against them when the weather heats up. If you run winter/snow tires and switch to different tires at the end of the season, or live in an area where it never snows, a set of summer tires may be right for your vehicle.
All season tires are the most popular tires for a reason – they provide satisfactory year round performance under the conditions most drivers experience, enabling vehicle owners to only need one set of tires. Their tread depth and pattern can handle light snow, and the rubber compound stays flexible at lower temperatures for better grip. But when the snow gets deep and the mercury really drops, that tread is inadequate and the rubber is too stiff to provide the needed traction. But all season tires also reveal their limitations at the opposite temperature extremes and conditions.
An all season tire tread pattern designed for moderate traction in light snow is at the same time not as effective when maximum grip is desired on dry and wet roads. Tread that is by necessity more aggressive for driving in snow, with blocks that are widely spaced and numerous voids and grooves, means less rubber contact with the road. In contrast, summer tires have less space between tread blocks, shallower tread depth, and fewer grooves, plus they commonly feature continuous, unbroken ribs, all of which puts more rubber on the road, and that means better traction and grip for cornering, braking, and acceleration. And even though summer tires have shallower grooves, their tread design is optimized to expel water and prevent hydroplaning on wet summer roads.
But tread design is only part of the reason for summer tires’ superior grip and performance on both dry and wet roads in warm ambient temperatures. All season tires are also popular because of their long tread life, and to be sure tires that last many thousands of miles are easy on the wallet. However, for all season tires to last long their rubber compound has to be harder than summer tires, which means less traction. The softer rubber compound of summer tires makes them stickier so you get maximum grip and optimal performance when you mash the accelerator, push it hard in the corners, or stand on the brakes, and this compound improves grip in both dry and wet conditions. The tradeoff, of course, is shorter tread life, but if performance is most important, summer tires are the way to roll.
Before choosing summer tires you should consider your driving conditions. It goes without saying that the tread design makes summer tires virtually useless in snow, but the ambient temperature must also be taken into account. Because the tread compound was designed to perform in hot temperatures, when the mercury drops to 40ºF or below summer tires get hard and traction will suffer. More importantly, when the temperature drops below freezing a vehicle with summer tires should not be driven or even rolled as the rubber compound can crack, irreparably damaging the tires. If it never snows where you live and you rarely see temperatures below 40ºF, summer tires are a great choice. But if it gets colder and there’s a chance of encountering the white stuff, all season tires may make more sense.
Summer tires are synonymous with performance tires, and we have an extensive selection, including low profile designs for late model cars and trucks, in large diameters and with the top speed ratings. If you want tires that are even stickier, check out our drag radials and track/competition tires for road racing. Our summer tires for trucks, SUVs, CUVs and commercial vehicles combine dry and wet road traction proficiency with the rugged construction needed by larger and heavier vehicles. Choose from tread patterns optimized for highway use to all terrain tires that are sure-footed on and off road. And if you have a collector car and want to upgrade to modern ride and performance, we offer summer radial tires with classic sidewalls including wide white walls, red lines, and raised white letters.
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix