215/50R17 Summer Tires
- BRIDGESTONE®POTENZA RE760 SPORTPOTENZA RE760 SPORT Tires by Bridgestone®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. Finally, a tire that lets drivers, in any car, on any road, maximize their driving pleasure. The moment you shift gears and turn the wheel, this great tire...Summer ultra-high performanceQuick response and control$167.75 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/W=168 mph$167.75 / set of 1
- HANKOOK®VENTUS V12 EVO2 K120VENTUS V12 EVO2 K120 Tires by Hankook®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. This top-of-the-range tire was designed specifically for drivers who like to express their own style and crave for unsurpassed performance in sports driving....Special indicator will help you check vehicle alignment.Aqua jet channels water to the main groove wall.$119.47 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/W=168 mph$477.88 / set of 4
- HANKOOK®VENTUS S1 NOBLE 2 H452VENTUS S1 NOBLE 2 H452 Tires by Hankook®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The VENTUS S1 NOBLE 2 is a premium ultra-high performance all-season tire developed for drivers of sports cars seeking a comfortable driving. Its innovative...Positive aqua hydro block ensures safe braking.Cornering and noise reduction rib provides smooth driving.$117.72 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/W=168 mph$470.88 / set of 4
- PIRELLI®CINTURATO P1CINTURATO P1 Tires by Pirelli®. Season: Summer. Type: Fuel Efficient. The Pirelli CINTURATO P1 is the right choice for drivers looking for a high performance and eco-compatible tire for medium and high-powered cars. Pirelli’s first...Innovative Tread Pattern DesignOptimized Tread Design$92.97 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/W=168 mph$371.88 / set of 4
- PIRELLI®P ZERO SYSTEM ASIMMETRICOP ZERO SYSTEM ASIMMETRICO Tires by Pirelli®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. A perfect solution for the most prestigious sportive and luxury cars. Depending on the use and the vehicle type, the P Zero System concept allows for the...Three Distinct Tread AreasLongitudinal Grooves$300.63 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 91=1356 Lbs Per Tire/Y=186 mph$1,202.52 / set of 4
- YOKOHAMA®S.DRIVES.DRIVE Tires by Yokohama®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. Yokohama tires are designed to perform better, keep you safer, and take you further. The S.drive is packed with technological advancements to deliver extraordinary grip and...Groove-In-Groove technologySolid center rib$149.13 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/W=168 mph$596.52 / set of 4
- BFGOODRICH®G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2 Tires by BFGoodrich®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance, Track / Competition. Accelerate faster, corner harder & brake shorter for next-level control and next-level fun on the street. This tire features best dry...Sport Design TreadCOMP-2 Compound$157.36 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/W=168 mph$629.44 / set of 4
- CONTINENTAL®CONTISPORTCONTACT 3CONTISPORTCONTACT 3 Tires by Continental®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The ContiSportContact 3 is a high-performance summer tire with supreme steering precision, outstanding traction and braking capabilities. The tire features a...Accurate braking even in wet conditions.Enhanced handling stability at high speeds.$193.94 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/W=168 mph$775.76 / set of 4
- CONTINENTAL®CONTISPORTCONTACT 5CONTISPORTCONTACT 5 Tires by Continental®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The ContiSportContact 5 is a premium ultra-high performance summer tire designed to combine short braking distances and solid cornering traction with fuel...Strong handling and steering capabilities.Unique compound and tread design for better traction.$262.68 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/W=168 mph$1,050.72 / set of 4
- DUNLOP®DIREZZA DZ102DIREZZA DZ102 Tires by Dunlop®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. Since tires are the only thing that holds your vehicle on the road, they are an important aspect of safe driving. So, if your summer tires that you took off last year...Offers enhanced performance in wet conditions due to aggressive tread designOffers enhanced wet and dry traction with super abrasion carbon and silica$144.54 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 91=1356 Lbs Per Tire/V=149 mph$578.16 / set of 4
- HANKOOK®VENTUS V12 EVO K110VENTUS V12 EVO K110 Tires by Hankook®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The Ventus V12 Evo is a new ultra-high performance tire that combines superb control and braking performance, providing an unrivaled comfort during high-speed...Boasts elaborate design with a 3D effect on the block edge.Solid center rib block improves handling and braking.$100.80 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/W=168 mph$403.20 / set of 4
- NEXEN®N FERA SU1N FERA SU1 Tires by Nexen®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The N Fera SU1 is your summer tire of choice when it comes to navigating through a sudden storm or cruising on a desert road. The tire’s 3 main grooves and 1 semi-groove...Excellent Performance On The Wet RoadDry Grip Technology For Efficient Braking$114.57 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/W=168 mph$458.28 / set of 4
- PIRELLI®P ZERO NERO GTP ZERO NERO GT Tires by Pirelli®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. The Pirelli P ZERO NERO™ GT is the evolution of the P ZERO NERO™. With enhanced performance and wider fitments range, this tire is perfect for those consumers who...Wide Continuous RibsOptimized Tread Compound$173.71 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/Y=186 mph$694.84 / set of 4
- PIRELLI®P ZERO NEROP ZERO NERO Tires by Pirelli®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance. Ideal for "soft" and "hard" tuning conversions, this tire meets the needs at the performance and aesthetic level, offering a personal identity to all cars from compacts...Optimized tread pattern design enhances handling and controlUnique grooves improve grip and roadholding$251.92 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/Y=186 mph$1,007.68 / set of 4
- PIRELLI®CINTURATO P1 PLUSCINTURATO P1 PLUS Tires by Pirelli®. Season: Summer. Type: Performance, Fuel Efficient. Summer high performance tire for your luxury, mid-size, full-size and sports car. The Cinturato P1™ Plus has been created following the latest...Innovative MaterialsNew Mold Profile$99.14 eachSize: 215/50R17Load/Speed: 95=1521 Lbs Per Tire/W=168 mph$396.56 / set of 4
Dedicated winter/snow tires are the most effective for driving in heavy snow, ice and extreme cold, but once the mercury rises and the last of the ice and snow has disappeared you could be better off switching to a summer tire rather than an all season tire. All season tires are a compromise, and the same trade-offs that make them less than ideal for winter weather also work against them when the weather heats up. If you run winter/snow tires and switch to different tires at the end of the season, or live in an area where it never snows, a set of summer tires may be right for your vehicle.
All season tires are the most popular tires for a reason – they provide satisfactory year round performance under the conditions most drivers experience, enabling vehicle owners to only need one set of tires. Their tread depth and pattern can handle light snow, and the rubber compound stays flexible at lower temperatures for better grip. But when the snow gets deep and the mercury really drops, that tread is inadequate and the rubber is too stiff to provide the needed traction. But all season tires also reveal their limitations at the opposite temperature extremes and conditions.
An all season tire tread pattern designed for moderate traction in light snow is at the same time not as effective when maximum grip is desired on dry and wet roads. Tread that is by necessity more aggressive for driving in snow, with blocks that are widely spaced and numerous voids and grooves, means less rubber contact with the road. In contrast, summer tires have less space between tread blocks, shallower tread depth, and fewer grooves, plus they commonly feature continuous, unbroken ribs, all of which puts more rubber on the road, and that means better traction and grip for cornering, braking, and acceleration. And even though summer tires have shallower grooves, their tread design is optimized to expel water and prevent hydroplaning on wet summer roads.
But tread design is only part of the reason for summer tires’ superior grip and performance on both dry and wet roads in warm ambient temperatures. All season tires are also popular because of their long tread life, and to be sure tires that last many thousands of miles are easy on the wallet. However, for all season tires to last long their rubber compound has to be harder than summer tires, which means less traction. The softer rubber compound of summer tires makes them stickier so you get maximum grip and optimal performance when you mash the accelerator, push it hard in the corners, or stand on the brakes, and this compound improves grip in both dry and wet conditions. The tradeoff, of course, is shorter tread life, but if performance is most important, summer tires are the way to roll.
Before choosing summer tires you should consider your driving conditions. It goes without saying that the tread design makes summer tires virtually useless in snow, but the ambient temperature must also be taken into account. Because the tread compound was designed to perform in hot temperatures, when the mercury drops to 40ºF or below summer tires get hard and traction will suffer. More importantly, when the temperature drops below freezing a vehicle with summer tires should not be driven or even rolled as the rubber compound can crack, irreparably damaging the tires. If it never snows where you live and you rarely see temperatures below 40ºF, summer tires are a great choice. But if it gets colder and there’s a chance of encountering the white stuff, all season tires may make more sense.
Summer tires are synonymous with performance tires, and we have an extensive selection, including low profile designs for late model cars and trucks, in large diameters and with the top speed ratings. If you want tires that are even stickier, check out our drag radials and track/competition tires for road racing. Our summer tires for trucks, SUVs, CUVs and commercial vehicles combine dry and wet road traction proficiency with the rugged construction needed by larger and heavier vehicles. Choose from tread patterns optimized for highway use to all terrain tires that are sure-footed on and off road. And if you have a collector car and want to upgrade to modern ride and performance, we offer summer radial tires with classic sidewalls including wide white walls, red lines, and raised white letters.
2014 Kia Forte