K-Summit Tire Chains by Thule®. Sold in pairs. These snow chains are the easiest to mount, they provide maximum grip on snow and ice, and they won't interfere with mechanical components behind the wheels. The ratcheting system and self-centering and self-aligning features of these chains makes installation a breeze - access to the back of the wheel and tire is not required. They won't damage expensive alloy wheels and when not needed, they fold up and store in the included storage bag. K-Summit Tire Chains are available to fit all popular tire sizes.
Fitment notes: Tire size should be checked prior to doing shopping/making a purchase
- Easy to mount - access to the back of the wheel and tire is not necessary
- Fits every kind of passenger vehicle; perfect for vehicles with little to no clearance behind the wheel
- Attaches to stock wheel lugnut
- Fits on vehicles with 17mm, 19mm, 21mm and 22mm lug nuts
- Innovative ratchet system acts as force multiplier to permit effortless fitting
- Patented self-centering and self-tensioning mechanism ensures chain stays tight on tire
- Tensioning springs decrease dynamic elevation and enable perfect fitting on several tire sizes
- Traction provided by special injection molded plastic plates with hard metal studs alternated with special alloyed steel chain
- Welded bars provide better grip and performance on ice and snow
- Compatible with anti-lock braking systems and traction control systems
- Does not contact wheels
- Foldable for easy storage in included bag
- Color-coded parts for easy mounting
- Comes with gloves and mat to kneel on during chain installation and removal
- Comes complete with everything required for installation, including instructions
- Backed by a 5-year limited warranty
When you wake up to a layer of ice and snow on the roadways, you're faced with a dilemma: drive with ordinary tires and risk getting stuck, or fumble with difficult to install tire chains. If you opt for the chains, you're faced with freezing your fingers off while trying to wrap them around the tire and having to stop periodically to re-tension them. And you'll still be worrying about clearance on the inside of the wheel, and whether a loose chain flapping around will contact and damage your expensive alloy wheels.
You can say goodbye to those concerns and all the mounting difficulties and re-tensioning with Thule K-Summit Tire Chains. They're easy to install because access to the rear of the tire is unnecessary. Just wrap the K-Summit chain around as much of the tire as possible, and then secure it to one of the wheel lug nuts. Use the ratcheting mechanism to take up as much slack as possible out of the chain. As you drive, the patented self-centering and self-tensioning mechanism will locate the chain in the center of the tire tread.
Once installed, the K-Summit's special injection molded plastic plates with hard metal studs and special alloyed steel chain will bite into the slickest surface to give you all the traction you need. And you can motor along secure in the knowledge that the K-Summit's steel tensioning springs will ensure that your snow chains stay tight and won't contact and damage your expensive wheels. And because the K-Summit chain doesn't extend inward past the center of the tire tread, you won't have to be concerned about inside wheel and tire clearance. When the roads clear up, you can remove your chains, fold them up and store them in the included storage bag.
K-Summit Tire Chains are available to fit most popular tire sizes. They come with everything necessary for installation, including detailed instructions. Thule even provides gloves and a mat to kneel on, so you can stay as neat as possible while installing and removing your tire chains. The limited 5-year warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product, and warrants the product against manufacturer's defects in materials or workmanship.
Thule® designs and manufactures products for outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, and those that lead an active lifestyle. They specialize in developing and marketing cargo transportation solutions so these people can bring their gear with them wherever they go, whatever they drive. Thule was founded in Sweden in 1942, and built their first roof rack system in the 1960s. Today Thule leads the market with innovative products for transporting, bicycles, watercraft, snowsport equipment and other gear on the roof, with the trailer hitch, on the trunk or hatch, or in the pickup bed. Thule manufactures the strongest, most durable and longest lasting load carrying systems on the market, and backs their products with a lifetime warranty. Over 80% of Thule products sold in North America are made in USA, and Thule employs over 1,000 American workers.