Easy-Fit CU-9 Tire Chains (255/45R17) (2004115104) by Thule®. Sold in pairs. These tire chains are the easiest to install ever created: just 3 steps and you're ready to drive safely and in control over ice and snow covered roads. No complicated process, no lying on the ground. And once underway you'll have no worries because the built-in tensioning system will ensure that the chains stay properly installed, and the unique manganese and nickel alloy D-shaped links will provide the ultimate grip with maximum durability. These chains won't damage expensive alloy wheels and when not needed, they fold up and store in the included storage bag.
- Easiest tire chains to install - 3 steps start to finish
- Internal rigid arch system makes chain fitting intuitive: from top to bottom of wheel
- Painted steel sections are easier to handle with cold hands
- Automatic tensioning system ensures chain stays tight on tire - no need to stop and re-tension
- Easy to remove - just press red buttons on aluminum bar and release safety catch
- Nylon bumpers and soft-touch lining on inner side of central bar prevent scratching alloy wheels
- Manufactured from hardened manganese nickel alloy steel
- D-shaped link design provides more traction on ice and snow
- Every link tested for strength and size
- 9mm diameter links makes these chains ideal for vehicles with very little clearance at the inside of the wheel
- Compatible with anti-lock braking systems and traction control systems
- Comes with elegant nylon storage bag with handles for easy transport
- Bag opens out to use as kneeling mat during installation
- Fitting instructions clearly printed on inside of bag for reference during installation
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
Thule did extensive consumer research when developing the Easy-fit tire chains and found that consumers' biggest concerns were that tire chains were difficult and complicated to install, and they didn't like having to lie on the ground by the side of a busy road to put them on, getting dirty in the process. In response to these concerns, Thule engineers made these tire chains the easiest to install of any on the market, just 3 steps from start to finish. Step 1: Take the 2 ends of the rigid arch and open it. Step 2: Lay the chain on the tire, starting from the top, and make sure the arch is completely behind the wheel. Step3: Open out the pedal and push down until you hear it click. Close the pedal, start the engine and drive away. It's that simple! No danger from lying down on a busy road, no need to reach behind the tire and get dirty.
The automatic tensioning system will ensure that the chain stays properly installed and tight on the tire, there's no need to stop and adjust the tension. Besides a simple process, Thule thought of other ways to ease installation, like painting steel sections to keep hands from getting cold. When not needed, the chains can be stored in the included nylon storage bag, but the bag also opens out to form a handy kneeling mat to help keep you clean during installation. The fitting instructions are even printed on the inside of the bag, so they're easily visible during installation.
In their quest to make these tire chains the easiest to install, Thule didn't neglect function - the reason you install tire chains. To make them durable, these chains are constructed from through-hardened manganese nickel alloy steel, and every link is tested for strength. The unique dual-sided D-shaped link design provides superior traction on even the slickest ice and deepest snow. The 9mm links are ideal for vehicles where clearance between the tires and the inside of the fender well and mechanical components is tight. And to protect expensive alloy wheels, anti-scratch nylon buttons are fitted at all contact points and the inner side of the central bar is lined with soft-touch anti-scratch fabric.
The limited 5-year warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product, and warrants the product against manufacturer's defects in materials or workmanship.
Thule® designs and manufactures products for outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, and those that lead an active lifestyle. They specialize in developing and marketing cargo transportation solutions so these people can bring their gear with them wherever they go, whatever they drive. Thule was founded in Sweden in 1942, and built their first roof rack system in the 1960s. Today Thule leads the market with innovative products for transporting, bicycles, watercraft, snowsport equipment and other gear on the roof, with the trailer hitch, on the trunk or hatch, or in the pickup bed. Thule manufactures the strongest, most durable and longest lasting load carrying systems on the market, and backs their products with a lifetime warranty. Over 80% of Thule products sold in North America are made in USA, and Thule employs over 1,000 American workers.