Distributor by Taylor Cable®. Don’t put an old distributor into a new engine. Replace your old, worn-out distributor with a new Taylor unit: you’ll have a smoother-running, more powerful motor.
- Performs misfire-free up to 6500 RPM
- Precision CNC Machined A354 T-6 cast alloy housing for maximum accuracy
- Centerless-ground shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation
- Comes with an adjustable vacuum advance and a factory installed high-performance mechanical advance curve
- 50,000 volt coil with dust cover
- High-output GM style 5.0 amp module
- High-dielectric red distributor cap and rotor with brass terminals resists cross-fire and high rpm arcing
- Hardened steel gear machined to exact tolerances for a tighter mesh with cam gear
- Direct drop-in replacement for easy plug and play installation
- Chevy comes standard with polished housing finish
- Made in U.S.A.
Distributors wear out just like the rest of your engine. The bushings wear, letting the shaft wobble around. That lets the spark timing wander all around, costing power and potentially causing misfires. A really bad bushing will let oil seep up the shaft, dousing the electronics. Even if the bushings are only a little worn, the mechanical and vacuum advance mechanisms can wear, getting sloppy or sticking. Springs lose tension, pivots wear, counterweights stick. Sure, you can rebuild it with new bushings, new springs and all the fussy little parts – but are you sure the last guy wasn’t tinkering around inside there? Instead, drop in a new Taylor Cable distributor.
This street HEI distributor comes with all new parts, including new mechanical advance and adjustable vacuum advance, a new 50KV coil, cap and rotor. There’s a new steel gear pinned to the bottom, compatible with the steel timing gears on modern roller cams. Still, it’s a direct replacement, so installation is a drop-in deal: set the engine to TDC #1, install the distributor with the rotor indexed to #1, and fire it up and set the timing. This distributor will reliably fire the plugs up to 6500RPM, more than adequate for any street motor.
Taylor Cable®, also known as TaylorVertex, is based in Missouri, and has been in the auto parts manufacturing business since 1923. With over 100,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehousing space, they build all of their components right here in the USA. They've also operated Vertex Magnetos, the racing legend, since 1994. Their continuing dedication to quality manufacturing, product development make them an important supplier here at CARiD.