Axle Shaft by Strange Oval®. Upgrade your prized possession with extremely durable high performance axle shafts and components designed to maintain the high level of toughness and rigidity needed to support you on any brutal terrain. They will help get you on the track or off-road, providing unparalleled performance for your vehicle. These top-of-the-line driveline components will come in handy if you want to put the pulling power to the ground reliably.
- Ultra high strength low alloy steel offers outstanding yield and tensile strengths, fatigue properties, and high toughness
- Vertical rack heat treating controls distortion
- CNC hobbed splines tightly controls tolerances for even torque transfer and consistent misalignment angle of drive flanges
- Generous transition fillet radii essential to reduction of stress risers
- Additional attention directed to non-aggressive machining to impart a minimum amount of residual tensile stress
- Shot peening provides increased torsional and bending fatigue life with the application of residual compressive stress
- Isotropic superfinishing reduces spline wear, lowers operating temperature, and minimizes micro stress risers
Strange Oval® is a division of Strange Engineering, an industry-leading company that has been manufacturing USA driveline and suspension components for all forms of racing and hi-performance vehicles since 1964. Strange Oval is bringing a rich racing heritage and a relentless need to innovate for all forms of oval track racing, including Late Models and Modifieds. Strange has offered driveline components for CUP teams, via Ford Racing, since the 1980's. With decades of manufacturing, design and engineering innovation, Strange Oval continues to service the circle track market with the same passion, motivation, and dedication as it started.