25 Amp Battery Charger with 75 Amp Engine Start (BC2509) by Stanley®. Charge a fully-discharged battery within a few hours, trickle-charge a battery to keep it at peak charge, or provide a quick boost to get a car started in only 8 minutes.
- One Touch™ technology QST™ Turbo Start - Quick Start Timer™: automatically counts down to show when vehicle is ready to start
- Automatically selects charge rate from 0 to 25 AMPS to maximize battery life, charge speed and maintenance
- 3-Stage automatic rapid charge
- Easy to read LCD screen with clear information
- Spark resistant reverse hook-up protection
- Microprocessor controlled digital diagnostics
- Automatically compensates for lower voltage caused by extension cord
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Automatically goes into float charge mode
- Battery rejuvenation mode
- Boost mode provides 75A of current for emergency quick starting, should start most vehicles in one minute
If your car battery is dead, and won’t start your car, this charger should be able to start it in 15 minutes. Just toggle on the Quick Start Timer and the charger will provide the maximum safe current to your battery for a quick pick-me-up. When the countdown timer hits zero, you can safely start your vehicle, at which time its own alternator will continue to charge the battery. If it won’t start right away, the charger will revert to its normal charge rate to prevent damaging the battery from overcharging. For stubborn cases and when you need to get started Right Now, there’s a 75A boost mode available, not to charge your battery, but to provide extra current to your starter motor for stubborn cases. The digital display shows “FLO” to indicate that the unit is in float charge mode. The battery fully charged icon will display on the LCD screen and the arrows pointing to the “+” and “-” will flash. In this mode, the unit monitors the battery voltage and charges as necessary to assure the battery maintains full capacity. The unit remains in float charge mode as long as the charger is connected to the battery and plugged into a functioning AC outlet. There’s a battery rejuvenation mode that uses high-frequency current to break up sulfate crystals on the plates in only 24 hours.
The Stanley Works was founded in 1843 in New Britain, Connecticut by Frederick T. Stanley to manufacture door hinges and bolts.. A few years later, in 1857, Frederick's cousin, Henry founded The Stanley Rule and Level Company. In 1910, S. Duncan Black and Alonzo G. Decker started their shop in Baltimore, Maryland, and were awarded a patent 6 years later for the world’s first portable power tool. In 2010 Stanley and Black & Decker combined to form Stanley Black & Decker, to deliver the tools and solutions that industrial companies, professionals, and consumers count on to be successful when it really matters.