SRC Mid Width Rear Tubular Bumper by Smittybilt®. This bumper features a 3/16" cold rolled steel solid plate center section designed to contour around an oversized off-road tire to give you maximum clearance when opening and closing the tailgate. It provides maximum protection without sacrificing the ability to go anywhere off-road. The bumper incorporates a Class III 2" receiver hitch, 2 sturdy D-ring mounts, and comes with or without a swing-away tire carrier that can carry up to a 40" tall tire. The bumper can also be purchased set-up for the tire carrier but without the carrier, and the tire carrier can be purchased separately. It has a dual stage textured black powdercoated finish for long-term durability, and comes with instructions for a bolt-on installation.
Notes: No Drill Installation
- Protects front end from obstacles encountered wheeling off-road
- Bumper has sloped ends for maximum ground clearance and the best approach and departure angles
- Center section constructed from 3/16" cold rolled steel
- One-piece welded design
- Center section contours around an oversized off-road tire to give you maximum clearance when opening and closing the tailgate
- D-ring mounts welded on inside and outside of frame for strength
- Incorporates Class III 2" receiver hitch that bolts directly to OE mounting points
- Available with swing-away tire carrier that can carry up to 40" tall tire
- Available set-up for tire carrier but without tire carrier installed
- Tire carrier available separately
- Tire carrier features heavy-duty latch mechanism with billet handle, grease zerk, reinforced gusseted bracket and adjustable tire mount
- Dual stage textured black powder coated finish
- Direct bolt-on installation
- Includes mounting hardware and instructions
- 5-year limited warranty on bumper finish
- Limited lifetime warranty against defects in workmanship and materials
This bumper is a masterful bit of engineering by Smittybilt because it provides maximum protection while providing the clearance you need for your spare and for rock crawling adventures. The solid 3/16" cold rolled steel plate design is strong enough to guard the back end vitals of your Jeep, but shaped to fit around an oversized off-road spare to allow unobstructed tailgate access, and sloped to give you maximum rock crawling clearance, greater tire travel, and enhanced entry and exit points. It incorporates a Class III 2" receiver hitch that bolts directly to OE mounting points, and D-ring mounts that are welded inside and out for strength, so you'll have no worries if you need to use them for pulling or towing your rig.
The tire carrier features an adjustable mount that enables it to carry up to a 40" tall tire, yet swing away easily for access to the tailgate. It includes a greasable zerk fitting to enable pivot lubrication, and keep the hinge clean and smooth for many years of trouble-free use, and a reinforced gusseted bracket for strength and support. A heavy-duty latch mechanism with a billet aluminum handle keeps the carrier closed and your tire secure when off-roading. The bumper can also be purchased set-up for the tire carrier but without the carrier, and the tire carrier can also be purchased separately.
For the best appearance and long-term durability, the SRC bumper is acid bath dipped to remove impurities, a special "E-Coat" is applied inside and out, and finally a dual stage textured black powder coat finish is applied. It's designed to be a direct bolt-on installation, and comes with mounting instructions. The SRC Rear Bumper is covered by a 5-year limited warranty against finish defects and a Smittybilt Advantage limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Fitment Note: Always check the towing specifications for your specific vehicle before attempting to tow anything. The vehicle's towing capability ultimately determines what you are able to tow, not the hitch rating.
SmittyBilt®, located in Compton, California, is the leader in the off-road parts and accessories market because they were there at its inception. Founder Basil Smith, also known as "Smitty", was one of the original Southern California 4WD enthusiasts. He started a business called Rock-ett Products, making specialized equipment for trucks and Jeeps, in his garage/machine shop in 1956. Smitty's son Tom began working at Rock-ett at an early age and became head of the ever-expanding enterprise when it became Smittybilt in the 1970s. Under Tom's leadership, the company created innovative products like the original "Nerf Bar" side step, and tubular front and rear bumpers for Jeeps. Today, thanks to their continued involvement in off-roading at all levels of the staff, which enables them to keep abreast of the latest trends and needs in the off-road market, Smittybilt remains the industry leader with a selection of over 2000 different products for trucks and SUVs.
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.p65warnings.ca.gov