Extended Lifetime Warranty
Silflex Ltd (DBA SamcoSport) warrants each new Silicone Hose against defects in manufacture, material and workmanship, whilst installed into the original OE engine for which the hose was designed for, in the original vehicle for which the kit was purchased, for as long as the original purchaser owns the Silicone Hose.
In the case of SamcoSport Silicone Hose Kits that are installed into an application used for any form of competition, or installed into a customized or modified application, SamcoSport warrants each hose against defects in manufacture, material and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase.
In the case of SamcoSport hose accessories including Joiners, Blow off Valves, Valve Fitting Kits, Clips, Ducting and Vacuum Tube, SamcoSport warrants each hose against defects in manufacture, material and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
SamcoSport will replace or repair, free of charge, at its sole discretion, for each qualifying original purchaser, any defective Silicone Hose or accessory which is returned to SamcoSport
and which is not excluded from the warranty benefits of this warranty.
Important: Exclusion from Warranty Coverage:
- To qualify for the extended warranty the original purchaser must complete the warranty registration form. The form must be returned to SamcoSport within 30 days immediately after the purchase date.
Important: The Warranty will be voided or inapplicable to any Silicone Hose:
- which is not bought new and unused directly either from SamcoSport or a distributor or dealer authorized by SamcoSport to distribute the Silicone Hose in the territory of purchase; or
- which is degraded, damaged or deteriorates due to fair wear and tear within parameters of high performance use; or
- which is damaged or broken due to careless or inappropriate installation or removal; or
- which is installed or used in any vehicle or manner for which it is not specified by SamcoSport; or
- which is modified, altered, reconfigured or disassembled in any manner by any person other than SamcoSport after it has been manufactured by SamcoSport.
- which has had its SamcoSport-stamped part number tampered with or removed.
- which has been utilized in an application which exceeds Silflex standard operating parameters as set out below.
- which has suffered only cosmetic damage or deterioration, including but not limited to, color changes, logo fading or cosmetic surface degradations.
- which has suffered any form of mechanical damage from physical contact with other parts of the application, for example, abrasion, over over-tightening of clips.
- has suffered any damage resulting in a failure by the owner to follow Silflex’s recommend care, cleaning and maintenance instructions for Silicone Hoses.
Silicone Hose Standard Operating Parameters
- SamcoSport hoses are warranted whilst used on the vehicle for which they are intended, in the vehicle’s original form & specification. If any aspect of the vehicle is varied beyond the Original Equipment specification, this may invalidate the warranty (for example, changing water pumps, intercoolers, radiators and engine layout, could invalidate the warranty).
- SamcoSport does not warrant its hoses when used with non ethylene-glycol based coolants (organic acid technology based coolants and coolant additives are specifically excluded from this warranty).
Warranty Claims Procedure:
- If making a claim for replacement or repair, you, the original purchaser, must contact the retailer from where you bought the Silicone Hose.
- You will require proof of purchase and copy of your warranty registration form.
- SamcoSport need not honor the warranty if all the requisite evidence of original purchase is not supplied by you.
Limitation of Liability
- Save in the event of death or personal injury caused to any person a national or resident of a member state of the European Union by any negligent act or omission of SamcoSport, SamcoSport excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law any liability to the purchaser of a Silicone Hose or any person claiming through that purchaser and SamcoSport accepts no obligation to bear any labor costs or other costs of return, removal and/or installation and will not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages, including loss of use of any vehicle. Each Purchaser acknowledges that motor racing is a dangerous sport and that he or she is responsible for taking and will take all necessary safety measures to minimize the risk of injury loss or damage arising from the use to which a Silicone Hose is subjected. Silflex recommends that all silicone hoses are installed by qualified fitters, and care should be taken to ensure all engine components and coolants are cool before attempting to remove or install a Silicone Hose. Installers should respect all local environmental regulations when disposing of old hoses or coolants.
- The Warranty is in addition to, and the limitations and exclusions in this Warranty do not limit, the minimum statutory rights of consumer purchasers in the European Union, where those may exceed the limitations in any particular instance. This warranty and limitation of liability is governed by English Law.
- The terms of this warranty extend to all Silicone Hoses sold with this warranty form. SamcoSport
reserves the right to vary or alter the terms.
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act:
Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) Learn More