Limited Warranty for Lubricant Products
Royal Purple formulates and markets lubricants of the highest quality to ensure they meet and exceed the performance requirements for all applicable engines, engine components, or automobile systems.
Terms and Conditions
Royal Purple warrants you, the purchasing consumer, that its lubricant products are free of defects. As an extra measure of quality assurance, Royal Purple extends this Limited Warranty to cover engines whose manufacturer, for manufacturer warranty purpose, recommends or requires GF-5/SN standards for lubricants. If a Royal Purple lubricant is shown to have caused damage to an engine, engine component, or automotive system, Royal Purple, will replace the defective lubricant and pay for the reasonable cost of repair or replacement of the affected engine, engine component, or automotive system.
This Limited Warranty shall apply only under the following conditions:
- The lubricant was used in accordance with any Royal Purple product instructions;
- The vehicle is using the appropriate Royal Purple lubricant type recommended by the OEM and was using such Royal Purple lubricant at the time of any engine or component failure;
- Vehicle has been reasonably maintained and maintenance has been performed within the vehicle’s OEM recommended schedule or the written instructions of Royal Purple;
- The vehicle has never been used for a commercial or agricultural purpose; and
- The vehicle has never been used in racing or competitive events.
Warranty Claim Process:
- Royal Purple must be notified of the potential claim within thirty (30) days of the date when such damage or failure is first detected.
- Where determined appropriate by Royal Purple, consumer must be prepared to provide a sample of the used lubricant in question from the failed or damaged vehicle for identification and analysis by Royal Purple. The minimum sample amount required is ten (10) fluid ounces.
- Royal Purple must be provided the right to review the maintenance records of the vehicle to establish that reasonable and OEM scheduled maintenance was performed on the vehicle.
- Royal Purple must be provided the right to inspect the vehicle, including any damaged engine, engine component, or automotive system of the vehicle.
- All damaged parts must be kept and made available to Royal Purple for inspection upon request.
- You must cooperate with Royal Purple’s reasonable efforts to investigate your claim. Failure to cooperate will void this warranty.
This Limited Warranty Excludes:
- Conditions where a Royal Purple lubricant has been used with any other product or lubricant that has not been authorized for use by Royal Purple.
- Failure of engine or engine components due to a pre-existing condition that is unrelated to the use of Royal Purple lubricants.
- Repair or replacement of equipment due to normal wear and tear.
- Royal Purple lubricant products that were contaminated after leaving Royal Purple control. For example, contamination due to improper storage, handling, or dispensing of the lubricant.
- Failure of engine, engine components, or automobile system as a result of an OEM defect or a defect in any other non-Royal Purple product or component.
This Limited Warranty provided herein will be your exclusive and only remedy against Royal Purple. Royal Purple excludes and disclaims any and all implied warranties including but not limited to implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and merchantability. You will not be able to recover incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion of or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or the full disclaimer of implied warranties, so the above limitation or exclusions may not apply to your state. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act:
Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) Learn More