Universal SwitchHitter™ Roof Mount Bike Rack by Rockymounts®. If you are a rider who prefers the sleeker, lower profile appearance of a fork mount, the SwitchHitter is your ticket. With many bikes opting for thru-axles, we developed a modular rack and include the three common thru axles sizes, 12/100mm, 15/100mm & 15/110mm Boost. We also include an old school 9mm QR just in case you need to carry a traditional QR bike. If you need to swap axles, simply loosen two bolts and swap the axle.
- From the center of your front crossbar, the SwitchHitter extends 54" to the end of the wheel tray if you want to check to make sure your hatchback opens
- Compatible with many cross bars systems, including: Yakima round, Thule square; Factory/aero, and slotted bars (with T-Track hardware) like RockyMounts Ouray, Thule AeroBlade, Yakima Whispbar, Yakima StreamLine, Rhino Rack; Some flat (parallel to ground, not curved) factory crossbars up to 4".
|3" max tire size|
|35lb weight rating|
- Low Profile, High Quality & Versatile
- Most versatile, out of the box fork mount, roof rack tray bike carrier available
- Designed to work with 9mm QR, 12/100, 15/100, 15/110 (Boost) thru-axles via swap-able machined aluminum inserts that get secured via allen bolts
- Disc brake caliper compatible, with recessed zone on tray
- Includes all necessary hardware, resistant to weather and corrision
- Tray head ready to lock to crossbar; coated wound steel cable lock integrates into rear-end of tray for additional security
- Requires two RockyMounts Lock Cores (tray head, cable)
- Higher quality product to transport gear
- Rockymounts innovative and high quality designs will get your prized possessions to your destination safely and with style
- Quality, innovation, and stellar pricing come easy to us
RockyMounts® calls this outdoor adventure paradise home. Company evolved from the need to offer outdoor enthusiasts and professional athletes a higher quality product to transport gear to their next big ride or backcountry adventure. In 1993, founder Bobby Noyes ventured from New Jersey to Colorado to feed his addiction to bicycling. Recognizing the need for a better bike racks, he set up shop and began producing bike racks by hand. Those first racks, which were sold out of the back of his truck, became a huge hit locally and quickly made their way across the United States. Today, RockyMounts offers a full lineup of bike, ski, and cargo racks. RockyMounts innovative and high quality designs will get your prized possessions to your destination safely and with style. Twenty years after RockyMounts start, and still locally owned in Boulder, we’re stoked to support the outdoor culture that sets us back to RockyMounts roots. RockyMounts still remember what it’s like to be an aspiring cyclist, ski bum, climber , etc. – which is why quality, innovation, and stellar pricing come easy to us. The bottom line: you’re in good company with us if your bike costs more than your car, your skis are your significant other, or you own more climbing and camping gear than you do furniture. No one has ever been this stoked to carry your stuff.