Always replace both lift supports to ensure top performance and to prevent twisting caused by uneven loading. Strongarm gas charged Lift Supports typically store a gas charge of over 330 Newton and cannot be compressed by hand. Strongarm gas charged Lift Supports can be installed in minutes with no special tools required. Careful inspection of all hinges and connecting points should be made for wear and tear or stress fractures. These should be replaced or repaired before Lift Supports installation.
1. Turn off ignition. If old lift support has a window demister electrical connection, carefully disconnect the fittings.
2. Before removing old lift supports, examine any fittings supplied to determine which componentsmust be re-used.
3. Have someone hold the hatch, bonnet, boot or rear window open while replacing the lift supports. WARNING – DO NOT USE A PROP STICK
4. The new lift support must be installed in the same position as the old one which was removed. Do not scratch the chrome rod.
5. Do not remove both lift supports at the same time. Replace one, then close and open the hatch/boot/bonnet and then remove and replace the second support.