Rhino-Rack's goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The benefits given to you by Rhino-Rack under this warranty are in addition to your other rights and remedies under a law in relation to the goods to which the warranty relates.
Subject to the conditions of this warranty, Rhino-Rack warrants the following products manufactured by Rhino-Rack will be free from any manufacturing defect in materials or workmanship for the following periods from the date of purchase (each a "Warranty Period"):
If a defect appears during the time periods referred to above, Rhino-Rack will, within a reasonable time of being notified of the warranty claim, repair or replace, at Rhino-Rack's option any defective product or defective component without charge for parts or labor.
This warranty does not apply to:
1. Any person other than the original retail customer or recipient of the product (in the case of acquisition as a gift or promotion) and it is not transferable.
2. Any defect in materials or workmanship, if:
3. Failures caused by inadequate maintenance or non-compliance to fitting instructions supplied by Rhino-Rack. It is your responsibility to maintain the product adequately. Rhino-Rack recommends that this product be removed from your vehicle for regular cleaning and when not in use for extended periods. Any components subject to normal wear, degradation or consumption through use or exposure to the elements must be inspected periodically and replaced with Rhino-Rack parts as required;
4. Any defects, loss or damage caused by a product being fitted to a non-compatible vehicle, for example, because of the vehicle's shape or build;
5. Any defects, loss or damage caused by conditions beyond Rhino-Rack's control including, but not limited to any cost, loss, misuse, neglect, accidents, attachment of accessories not originating from Rhino-Rack, act of God, overloading beyond recommended capacity or other improper treatment of the product, including incorrect assembly or fitment by the purchaser, retailer or any other third party;
6. Any defects or damage caused by modifications to the vehicle or the product or the user's failure to properly secure cargo as recommended by Rhino-Rack;
7. Any consequential or incidental damage, including but not limited to damage to your vehicle, cargo or to any other person or property.