Valve Wheel Wrench by Reed®. Reed Valve Wheel Wrenches grip the rims of hand valve wheels securely and provide leverage for opening and closing. Valve wheel wrenches are the solution for handling hard-to-open valves. Choose a wrench based on the hook opening. The hooks work without gouging the wheel rim. OSHA inspectors can assess penalties for using a pipe wrench on a valve wheel rim as wrench teeth can leave sharp burrs on the wheel rim, which result in hand injuries. VWALP1 and VWALP2 valve wheel wrenches offer a low-sparking benefit due to aluminum-magnesium alloy construction. Construction of the wrench also permits it to bend before it breaks, thus warning users of excess loads.
- Protect valve wheels from damage and burrs by choosing an appropriate hook
- Forged steel construction for strength and longevity
- Designed to apply torque needed for valve-turning, over long periods of time
- Powder epoxy paint durable and helps to resist corrosion
- Reed designs are safer for heavy use—bending gives warning of overload