Carefree of Colorado (hereafter referred to as Carefree) warrants to the FIRST retail Purchaser that the Powerwinch Product is free of defects in material and workmanship
within the terms and conditions as set forth below. Carefree’s obligation under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement, at Carefree’s option, of any defective component within the stated warranty period. THIS WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE.
- 2 years on parts and labor
- Carefree will pay the transportation charges for return shipment to the purchaser of any product received for legitimate warranty repair
Warranty duration is not extended by the length of time the product is not in use or the time that the purchaser is deprived the use of the product. The duration of coverage is determined by the date of the original product purchase, not the date of repairs.
WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY
Defects in the manufacturer’s material and workmanship of product under normal use, and which occur within the duration of the warranty period.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY
- Improper installation and/or any consequent damage or failure that results from improper installation of the product
- Normal wear
- Conditions that are not related to the material or workmanship of the product: including any failure that results from an accident, wind, rain, or other acts of God
- Purchaser’s abuse, including but not limited to neglect; failure to operate, use or maintain the product in accordance with the instructions provided with the product
- Any component not sold or manufactured by Carefree
- Any failure that results from the use of another manufacturer’s product with a Carefree product that is not specifically approved by Carefree
- Any incidental, indirect, or consequential loss, damage or expense that may result from any defect, failure or malfunction of the product
- The removal or alteration of any product component or device. In the event of such removal or alteration, this warranty is void
- Any expense related to delivery or pick-up of product to/from the service dealer
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PURCHASER
IN ORDER FOR THE WARRANTY TO BE HONORED, THE PURCHASER MUST HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE. FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION MAY DELAY OR VOID ANY WARRANTY CLAIM.
- Retain dated proof of purchase for the product, and provide it as requested
- Perform “Periodic Maintenance” as specified in Owners Manual
- Use reasonable care in maintenance, operation, use and storage of the product in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner’s manual.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES THE OWNER SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS MAY GRANT THE OWNER ADDITIONAL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES. Except as set forth above; Carefree makes no warranty, whether statutory or otherwise, including without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Carefree shall have no liability except to repair, replace or adjust defective products and parts. Carefree specifically excludes any liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for personal injury, property damage, economic or consequential losses. Carefree has not authorized any person or company to alter the terms of this warranty. It is Carefree of Colorado’s policy and practice to continuously improve the company’s products and services. Therefore, Carefree reserves the right to make changes in design and components, without notice, whenever it is believed the quality of the product will be improved, but without incurring any obligation to incorporate such improvements in any product which has been shipped or in service.
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act:
Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) Learn More