Performance Shocks & Struts
- Teraflex®Series 3.4 Shock Absorber KitSeries 3.4 Shock Absorber Kit by Teraflex®. Falcon Series Remote Air Adjust Piggyback Shock Absorbers feature a two-position Remote Air Adjust Switch to adjust damping settings from soft to firm. These settings are tuned to be...Corner-specific shock absorber with race-inspired performanceAir Adjust Switch with 2 compression settings for large damping adjustments$1,567.49
- Bilstein®5100 Series Shock and Strut5100 Series Shock and Strut by Bilstein®. BILSTEIN 5100 Series Shock Absorbers are designed specifically to help your lifted truck, Jeep or SUV reach its pinnacle in ride performance, while supplying the correct tuning and length for...Individually engineered for a wide array of specific vehicles and lift combinationsMonotube gas pressure technology$82.64 - $188.37
- Bilstein®B8 5160 Series Shock AbsorberB8 5160 Series Shock Absorber by Bilstein®. B8 5160 Series Stock Mount Remote Reservoir Shocks are a direct-fit for your lifted truck, Jeep or SUV - no cutting or welding required. CA Prop 65 WARNING - This product contains chemicals...Bilstein's industry leading monotube designZinc finish with multi-layer unique Bilstein coating for extreme protection$187.38 - $261.65
- Pro Comp®Pro Runner™ Shock AbsorberPro Runner™ Shock Absorber by Pro Comp®. The gas-charged, monotube design of Pro Comp’s Pro Runner shocks delivers superior performance over traditional twin-tube, hydraulic shocks due to improved cooling and larger piston surface...Monotube designNitrogen gas charged$69.99 - $499.99
- Bilstein®B8 Series Sport Shock Absorber and StrutB8 Series Sport Shock Absorber and Strut by Bilstein®. If you’re looking for a performance lowering shock absorber or strut, the BILSTEIN B8 Sport Series is up to the task. Designed to enhance your car’s lowered suspension,...Shortened high-performance shock absorbers for virtually every lowering spring set and series production sport vehiclesMarked improvement in safety and performance with additional spring changes (lowering)$86.35 - $439.73
- KSport®Airtech™ Air Strut AssembliesAirtech™ Air Strut Assemblies by KSport®. This is a complete air strut assembly that matches the design of those included with KSport air suspension kits. Save money by replacing only a damaged or worn air strut instead of an entire...Replacement air strut assembly that matches design of those found on complete KSport kitsSave money by replacing only a damaged or worn air strut instead of an entire kit$1,900.00 - $3,895.00
- King Shocks®OEM Performance Series ShockOEM Performance Series Shock by King Shocks®. King OEM performance kit custom tuned to provide your vehicle with unparalleled levels of performance and ride quality. Each kit has been subjected to punishing real world testing to develop...Lightweight Hard Anodized 6063 Aluminum Alloy ReservoirsInternally Threaded Top Cap$532.95 - $2,754.05
- Hotchkis®1.5 Street Performance Series Shock Absorber1.5 Street Performance Series Shock Absorber by Hotchkis®. This is a mono-tube shock absorbers produced under license by Fox. Civilized during street driving, yet progressively tuned with a digressive piston design and high-pressure...Mono-tube shock absorbers that are produced under license by renowned manufacturer Fox Shock AbsorbersGives your classic muscle car optimum performance in slaloms and around oval racetracks$129.99 - $607.96
- Fabtech®Stealth Monotube ShockStealth Monotube Shock by Fabtech®. Stealth is the first all black monotube shock absorber, with an identifiable raised metal nameplate, that represents the signature of quality you can rely on for a superior ride at an affordable...Monotube internal designSeamless steel body$82.54 - $116.44
- Eibach®Pro-Truck Shock AbsorberPro-Truck Shock Absorber by Eibach®. Drop your truck’s ride height, center of gravity, and aerodynamic resistance while you add aggressive style, sportier handling, and better fuel economy. Front lowering kits for trucks include...Monotube designNitro-coated rods$90.00 - $388.00
- ARB®OME™ BP-51 Shock AbsorberOME™ BP-51 Shock Absorber by ARB®. Shock absorbers have been tuned in length and valving specific. To accommodate the large body size of BP-51 a specific lower mount bracket has been developed to provide clearance to the axle....Engineered for both on road and off road drivabilityDurability proven under extensive laboratory and real life testing, supported by scientific data logging$483.43 - $669.38
- KYB®MonoMax™ Shock and StrutMonoMax™ Shock and Strut by KYB®. Power up your truck's suspension performance with MonoMax heavy duty monotube gas hydraulic shocks and struts. Thanks to the advanced design, they can handle the toughest work loads and control body...Maximum performance upgrade with up to 40% more damping performance than standard shock absorbersPerfect solution when you need to upgrade suspension performanceMail-in Rebate$63.60 - $107.23
- Bilstein®4600 Series Shock and Strut4600 Series Shock and Strut by Bilstein®. Bilstein 4600 Series Shock Absorbers and Struts are designed specifically to help your stock height truck, van or SUV reach its pinnacle in ride performance and handling, while still providing...Monotube gas pressure technologyEasy to install direct bolt-on no modification required$74.17 - $367.36
- ARB®Nitrocharger Sport Shock Absorbers and StrutsNitrocharger Sport Shock Absorbers and Struts by ARB®. The new OME NitroCharger Sport features a triple-stage valving process rivaled only by a remote canister adjustable shock. Stacked into the most durable shock body and adjusted by...Engineered for both on road and off road drivabilityDurability proven under extensive laboratory and real life testing, supported by scientific data logging$61.75 - $259.28
- ICON®Zeta Series ShocksZeta Series Shocks by ICON®. IVD is known for its extensive research and development put into every product; the revolutionary outcome of this research is what sets ICON apart from the off-road industry standard. ICON Vehicle Dynamics...Monotube internal designEasy-to-Adjust Detented Adjustment Knobs Offer Quick Adjustability without the Use of Tools$2,499.95 - $3,499.95
- Bilstein®AK Series Shock AbsorberAK Series Shock Absorber by Bilstein®. Sealed steel body stock mount shocks and struts. These shock kit packages are perfect for dialing in your car. Everything is included...the shocks, instructions and recommended set-ups. CA Prop 65...Monotube gas pressure constructionFor Camaro, Chevelle, Monte Carlo/Buick Regal, Full-size Ford, and Mustang bodies$72.10 - $73.73
- Bilstein®B6 Series Shock Absorber and StrutB6 Series Shock Absorber and Strut by Bilstein®. If you expect more damping power from your shock absorber – even under loads – but don’t want to opt for an all-out sports model, the BILSTEIN B6 is the ideal solution. CA Prop 65...Increased power reserves and service life, even when pulling transporters and trailers or during frequent journeys with loadsOptimum adhesion and enhanced lane change stability in both day to day and extreme situations$76.91 - $756.89
- Bilstein®B6 Series Shock Absorbers and StrutsB6 Series Shock Absorbers and Struts by Bilstein®. If you expect more damping power from your shock absorber – even under loads – but don’t want to opt for an all-out sports model, the BILSTEIN B6 is the ideal solution. CA Prop 65...Increased power reserves and service life, even when pulling transporters and trailers or during frequent journeys with loadsOptimum adhesion and enhanced lane change stability in both day to day and extreme situations$124.78 - $272.58
- Bilstein®B8 5125 Series Shock AbsorberB8 5125 Series Shock Absorber by Bilstein®. The B8 5125 Series offers BILSTEIN technology for custom lifted applications. 5125 Series shocks feature BILSTEIN's superior single tube high gas pressure design for the upmost in consistent...Monotube gas pressure constructionSelf-Adjusting Deflecting Disc Valving$88.20 - $88.95
- Bilstein®B8 6112 Series Strut AssembliesB8 6112 Series Strut Assemblies by Bilstein®. Designed for the serious off-road adventure seeker, the all-new Bilstein 6112 Series is the ultimate suspension solution. The 6112 Series optimizes off-road and on-road capabilities with a...Large 60mm monotube for increased oil capacity, cooling, and long-term durability60mm digressive piston for improved ride comfort and control over rough terrain$633.51 - $691.88
- Bilstein®B8 Series Shock AbsorberB8 Series Shock Absorber by Bilstein®. If you’re looking for a performance lowering shock absorber or strut, the BILSTEIN B8 Sport Series is up to the task. Designed to enhance your car’s lowered suspension, BILSTEIN’s monotube...Shortened high-performance shock absorbers for virtually every lowering spring set and series production sport vehiclesMarked improvement in safety and performance with additional spring changes (lowering)$135.38 - $267.51
- Bilstein®Drag Series Shock Absorber and StrutDrag Series Shock Absorber and Strut by Bilstein®. BILSTEIN’s famous monotube construction and self-adjusting piston offer the finest performance available to the drag racer looking for a stock mount shock absorber solution. CA Prop...Tests have shown 3-tenths quicker ET’sBILSTEIN’s famous monotube gas pressure construction$100.19 - $243.21
- Bilstein®Motorsport Series Shock AbsorbersMotorsport Series Shock Absorbers by Bilstein®. Bilstein Motorsport Shock Absorbers offer the technology and performance necessary to keep serious competitors crossing the finish line first! The monotube design allows for a larger...The monotube design allows for a larger working pistonSelf-lowering piston$129.96 - $1,908.68
- Bilstein®B8 8100 Series Shock AbsorberB8 8100 Series Shock Absorber by Bilstein®. BILSTEIN B8 8100 (Bypass) is a direct fit, position sensitive damper specifically designed for light trucks and SUVs. Bypass shock absorbers offer the most compliant ride in all conditions and...Dual tube external bypass offers position sensitive damping with independent adjustment for rebound and compressionIncremental flow adjuster offers finite and incremental changes in damping force for precise adjustments$879.28
- Pro Comp®ES Series Shock AbsorberES Series Shock Absorber by Pro Comp®. Pro Comp shocks are the number one choice when it comes to high performance shocks for your light truck, Jeep or SUV. The high quality features and tuned valving ensure that you'll always get the...Twin-Tube internal designTuned for Specific Applications$40.99 - $143.99
- Pro Comp®Black Series Shock AbsorberBlack Series Shock Absorber by Pro Comp®. The Black Series are the most advanced shocks that Pro Comp has ever offered, providing superior performance both on-road and off. Top-of-the-line materials and hand crafted assembly result in...Monotube shock body with Viton O-rings5/8" hardened NitroCarb shock shaft$174.99 - $299.99
- Monroe®Reflex™ Shock Absorbers and StrutsReflex™ Shock Absorbers and Struts by Monroe®. These shocks and struts are designed for SUVs, light trucks, and other vehicles with a high center of gravity and help reduce vehicle roll and dive. Reflex twin tube shocks and struts...Enhanced stability by reducing body roll rate in evasive maneuvers or tight turnsReflex shocks are application-engineered to each vehicle model$25.97 - $78.13
- Fabtech®2.0 Dirt Logic Shocks2.0 Dirt Logic Shocks by Fabtech®. The best shocks only get better with all new Stainless Steel and Aluminum construction. High grade 304 Stainless Steel shock bodies eclipse all other shocks on the market for maximum corrosion...Monotube internal designPrecision engineered for your vehicle$352.24
- Fabtech®Dirt Logic 2.25 Shock AbsorberDirt Logic 2.25 Shock Absorber by Fabtech®. The best shocks only get better with all new Stainless Steel and Aluminum construction. High grade 304 Stainless Steel shock bodies eclipse all other shocks on the market for maximum corrosion...Monotube internal designPrecision engineered for your vehicle$256.09 - $352.24
- Fabtech®Multiple Shock Lift SystemMultiple Shock Lift System by Fabtech®. Proper design in suspension development is key in providing a quality, trouble free product to the end consumer. Fabtech leads the industry with extensive research, design technology and rigorous...Precision engineered for your vehicleTested to outperform all comparable products on the market$328.47 - $2,253.79
The springs on your vehicle react to bumps, ruts and other road irregularities, cushioning the impact. Struts and shocks control spring movement, isolating the cabin from vibration, preventing excessive body movement and keeping the tire tread in contact with the road, for optimal traction and control. Your OE shocks and struts are fine for cruising, but don’t have the damping calibration to provide the stability necessary for performance driving. Our performance shocks and struts control suspension motion at speed so you have the traction and control you need to go faster and corner harder.
Shocks and struts, collectively called dampers, have pistons that move up and down inside hydraulic fluid cylinders. As the pistons move up and down in response to suspension movement, the hydraulic fluid is forced through small passages and valves in the pistons that resist oil flow, thereby damping spring oscillation and controlling suspension movement. The energy of the spring is turned into heat by the damper. Compression damping affects the spring when the vehicle hits a bump and it compresses, rebound damping controls the spring when it expands and forces the tire back down, after the bump.
Properly designed shocks and struts have valving for all stages of piston movement, from short and gentle travel as would be encountered with minor road irregularities to rapid and lengthy travel caused by potholes. However, OE and ordinary replacement shocks and struts are compromises, with damping that is usually biased toward a smooth ride. When a vehicle is driven hard with such components, the rapid movement of the pistons within the dampers causes the hydraulic fluid to foam and overheat, drastically reducing their ability to control suspension movement. This can result in excessive body roll and dive, unequal tire grip, and poor vehicle control. In contrast, our performance shocks and struts are designed for spirited driving, especially when paired with higher rate performance coil springs.
If your vehicle is equipped with regular hydraulic shocks, you can get an improvement in performance by switching to gas shocks. Gas shocks contain nitrogen gas under pressure, which helps prevent the foaming that results in reduced damping force and poor road holding. And if your vehicle is equipped with twin tube shocks, switching to monotube shocks is a significant upgrade that will give you the benefit of the monotube’s larger piston and increased valving area, for increased damping and better handling, and better heat dissipation through the single tube. The high-pressure nitrogen gas in a monotube shock is in a separate chamber isolated from the fluid by a floating piston, completely preventing aeration. This all adds up to consistent fade-free performance.
Although monotube shocks do a great job of getting rid of heat, for severe conditions like racing and off-roading we offer shocks with external reservoirs, which increase fluid capacity and heat dissipation. We have shocks with reservoirs that attach to the shock body and reservoirs connected with a fluid line that can be mounted remotely. If you want the ability to dial in your own damping rate for performance driving, we have shocks and struts that are externally adjustable without lifting the vehicle or removing the tires. And if you have a front strut equipped truck and want to make it level for an improved stance and the fitment of larger tires, we have struts that allow the lower spring seat to be raised in one of several positions, so you can get the exact ride height you want.
In addition to the above, we also have the shock and strut related accessories that are essential for many performance applications. These include mounts, brackets and kits to run dual shocks, coilovers or custom installations; heavy-duty shock towers and shock and strut mounts that can handle racing and off-road abuse; strut spacers for lifting and leveling; heavy-duty bushings, sleeves, and shock bolts; guards and boots to protect vulnerable shock shafts from damage and premature failure; extension kits that enable the use of shorter OE shocks; and conversion kits that enable eyelet mount shocks to be converted to stud mount. No matter what your performance or racing shock and strut needs may be, you’ll find what you’re looking for here on our digital shelves.
- Lift Kits
- Lowering Kits
- Coilover Kits
- Handling Kits
- Steering Dampers
- Leveling Kits
- Air Suspension
- Conversion Kits
- Coil Springs
- Helper Springs
- Suspension Lubricants
- Sway Bars
- Strut Tower Braces
- Leaf Springs
- Control Arms
- Traction Bars
- Torque Arms
- Subframe Braces
- Suspension Bushings
- Panhard Bars
- Fender Braces
- Torsion Bars
- Ball Joints
- 4 Link Kits & Frames
- Skid Plates
- Bump Stops
- Alignment Kits
- Suspension & Steering Service Tools
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- November 13, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Springs & ShocksIn this (Part 1 of 2) suspension components guide, we`ll clarify the differences between "replacement" (OE factory style) and "performance" (aftermarket) types of...
- October 02, 2015How Do Shock Absorbers Work?Shock absorbers (also known as "shocks") are the suspension components which slow, then stop, the up-and-down bouncing movement of your vehicle`s springs through a...
- April 21, 2015Suspension Enhancements Will Raise The Rear Of...If you are using your "daily driver" car or truck for occasional towing duty, you are looking for that ideal sweet spot where the weekday commute is comfortable and...