- Coleman® AstroWatch Refractor Telescope$65.79 - $70.19
- Pelican® 3300 Long Case with Foam$246.73 - $271.69
- Barska® 30mm Red Dot$34.99
- Midland® SAME All-Hazard Handheld Weather Alert Radio$36.99 - $55.51
It's a well-known fact that our increasingly sedentary lifestyle, with little or no physical activity, can cause obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular disease, and lead to an early death. The solution to the problem is simple, really: get up and start moving! And there's no better place for physical activity than in the great outdoors. Now we can't provide you with the motivation, but we can supply the gear. Whether you want to have fun on the water or in the mountains, ride a bike or paddle a kayak, have a fishing rod in your hand or carry a pack on your back, we have the outdoor equipment to make it happen.
Before venturing outside, make sure you're prepared for the weather. We offer outdoor clothing made of moisture wicking, fast drying fabrics to keep you cool in hot weather and warm when the temperature drops; rainwear and insulated winter wear to keep you warm and dry; and polarized sunglasses, high-traction footwear and gloves. If you're walking as part of an exercise program you can track your progress with a fitness monitor, plus we have lightweight daypacks and sling packs so you can easily bring along your cell phone, iPod, flashlight, snacks and water bottles.
Biking isn't just good exercise, it's a great way to explore and see the sights. If you're getting bored with the trails or roads near your home, our bike racks can quickly and easily get your mountain bike or road burner to new riding areas. We have roof mount, hitch mount, and trunk mount racks that are simple to install on your vehicle and load and unload. Plus we have a full line of bike accessories to make your time in the saddle more enjoyable including lights to increase your visibility, handlebar mounts for cameras and GPS units, and luggage specifically designed for carrying gear on a bicycle: transport cases, baskets, and under seat bags.
Camping may be the best way to reconnect with Mother Nature. There's nothing like swapping tales around a roaring campfire or sleeping under the stars. Whether you go the minimalist route and tote everything on your back or carry an SUV full of camping gear to your site, we have the camping supplies to make your stay outdoors enjoyable and memorable. Choose from a large selection of tents, sleeping bags, camping chairs, camping stoves, and camp kitchen supplies, all designed and manufactured by the top names in the business. And don't forget to bring along other necessities like lanterns, coolers, medical kits, and essential camping tools like knives, axes, and collapsible shovels.
Of course, you don't go camping to sit around the camp site all day, but before trekking into the wilderness, make sure you're prepared with our hiking gear. The lightweight, high capacity backpacks you'll find on our digital shelves will allow you to carry a lot of gear without inhibiting movement. In the pack's numerous compartments you can take along a compass, portable GPS navigator, hydration bottle, cell phone or 2-way radio if there's no cellular service. And if you're hiking in steeper, more challenging terrain, check out our mountain gear, including trekking poles, rope, and carabiners.
Hunting and fishing are more challenging outdoor pursuits: you enjoy the activity but may not bring anything home to show for it. We can up your chances of success when you get outfitted with our fishing gear or hunting gear. With our selection of rods and reels you can get the right setup for any kind of fishing, plus we have tackle storage, fishing tools, ice fishing supplies, trolling gear and fish finders to help you land the big ones. And to make sure you bag whatever game you're after, arm yourself with our shooting supplies, crossbows, camo gear, game calls, trail cameras, night and thermal vision binoculars, and other essential equipment.
Guides & Articles
- Rooftop Carriers Can Carry All Your Water Sports EquipmentSo you've got a kayak, canoe, surfboard, or stand up paddleboard you can't wait to use. Before you can do that, however, you've got to find a practical way to get your toy to a lake or ocean - safely, and without damage. While these watersport items embody grace and fluidity in the waves, the truth is they're extremely cumbersome to transport on land. If you find yourself scratching your head trying to figure out the best solution, we've created this article to cover the many rooftop carriers for these items that we offer.
- Rooftop Carriers Can Carry All Your Winter Sports EquipmentSkiing and snowboarding are not inexpensive hobbies. After purchasing skis, poles, shoes, clothes, lift passes, and even lodging accommodations, you've shelled out enough money that it becomes tempting to skip spending more on a rooftop carrier. But if you've ever jammed all your snow gear inside your car, you know how chaotic, slushy, and awkward that can be - especially if you're trying to make room for friends and luggage. That's why we offer cleverly-designed rooftop carriers that won't break your bank in the Ski & Snowboard Racks section of our website.
- Rooftop Storage Solutions | Cargo Boxes, Bags, BasketsMaybe you've got an SUV with three rows of seats. They're great fun when 6 or 8 people are along for a road trip, but most such modern vehicles utilize every inch of interior space in order to fit that third row. Consequentially, there's virtually zero room for cargo when seats are in the upright position. Or maybe you have a similar problem with a compact hatchback, or even a minivan. Your vehicle may have fold-flat seats that make carrying cargo easy, but what good are they when you need to bring passengers with you? You can't ask adults to squeeze in between duffel bags or sporting gear, and you can't ask them to hang on tight and surf on the roof either.
- Pickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
- Do You Dip Your Boat Trailer In The Water? Take a Look HereAt CARiD, we understand that owning a boat is about passion. It involves an appreciation for the vessel itself no matter how large or small, and the satisfaction that comes with being around it. Spending time on the water also signifies relaxation, camaraderie, sport, and a sense of pride that is hard to find elsewhere. We know that your boat is your baby and that you want the best for it - whether it's on sea, land, or in between. In this article, we'll cover many of the accessories we offer to make trailering your boat easy and safe. Because we hand-select only vendors with proven records of craftsmanship, quality, and durability, you'll find only the best products in our Trailer Accessories Section.
- Hitch Mounted Bike Carriers Put The Bikes At The Right HeightWe have already introduced you to the wide range of bicycle carrier accessories that we offer, including trunk-mounted, roof-mounted, trailer hitch-mounted, and pickup truck bed-mounted. In this article, we will spend additional time exploring your options when it comes to selecting a hitch-mounted bike carrier.
- Hitch Mounted Cargo Carriers Let You Carry More StuffTrailer hitches are not just for pulling trailers. At CARiD, we have seen more than our fair share of customers who have purchased a receiver hitch even though they do not own a trailer and never intend to own a trailer. We have heard from customers who have purchased a used vehicle with a trailer hitch installed, not intending to ever use it. That is, until they discovered that hitches have multiple uses. In this article, we are going to demonstrate how convenient and flexible receiver hitches are when they are utilized as cargo carriers.
- Roof Rack Base Systems - The Foundation for Sports Equipment CarriersMore than ever, we have observed that young and old alike are engaging in outdoor activities. Everything from biking to skiing to canoeing is being pursued with avid interest and excitement. There are folks outside in all kinds of weather, at all times of the year, engaged in healthy pursuits. The explosive popularity of the "Sport Utility Vehicle", or SUV means that these vehicles are living up to their name, and are being pressed into use as the means to move the equipment. Even the "non-SUV", the family sedan or hatchback, has been configured in some way to be able to carry what's needed to support the sporting activity of choice.
- Bike Racks: Secure Carrying Ability For Your Two-WheelerBicycle riding, whether done for leisure, for exercise, or for sport, seems to be more popular than ever, at least judging by all the weekend riders we see hitting the pavement and the trails all over the place. In fact, bicyclists are saddling up 12 months a year; they certainly are not letting weather and temperature extremes prevent them from pedaling the miles.
- Advantages Of A GPS Navigation System In Your VehicleCell phone companies along with fans of the latest high-tech devices have routinely declared for years that dash-mounted GPS (Global Positioning System) navigation systems and screens are obsolete and will soon be gone completely. They claim that there is no reason to buy one because smartphones using Apple maps or Google maps outperform them in every way.