Cadillac Calais 1965, V-Power™ Nickel Spark Plug (3332) by NGK®. NGK spark plugs offer higher performance compared to standard plugs. NGK spark plugs feature a V-groove center electrode and concave ground electrode that lowers ignition voltage requirements while guiding the spark to occur between the sharper outside edges of the electrodes for improved ignitability and performance.
|Center Electrode Tip Material: Nickel|
|Thread Size: 0.551"|
|Thread Reach: 0.375"|
|Hex Size: 0.812"|
|Ground Electrode Quantity: 1|
|Ground Electrode Material: Nickel|
|Spark Plug Seat Style: Gasket|
|Heat Range: 5|
|Longevity: 30k Miles|
|Overall Height: ISO|
- Lower ignition system voltage requirements
- Greater ignitability and performance over conventional spark plugs
- Increased fuel economy and lower emissions
- Highly durable against electrical and chemical wear
- Good performance spark plug
- 45° V-Power center electrode
- Manufactured using triple-gasket sealing process to prevent leakage through the shell
- Alumina silicate insulator for strength and optimal heat transfer
- Solid-copper core for a more powerful spark with less firing voltage
- Cold-rolled threads for easier removal and installation
- Corrugated ribs eliminate misfire causing “flashover”
- Trivalent metal plating
- Increased anti-fouling characteristics and performance
Designed to ignite the air/fuel mixture within the combustion chamber, a spark plug has to withstand the high temperature and combustion pressure within the engine. If everything operates properly, the engine runs efficiently providing optimal performance, maximum fuel economy and the lowest exhaust emissions due to effective combustion. Spark plugs are available in different heat ranges and thread sizes to suit engine requirements. There are several factors - such as thread reach, thread diameter, the insulator nose projection and whether the spark plug incorporates a gasket or is of the conical type - to consider when choosing the correct spark plug for your needs.
The spark plugs also feature the alumina silicate insulator that is virtually pure to insure dielectric and physical strength, as well as heat transfer away from the tip for maximum performance. To eliminate “flash over,” which can cause misfiring, these products are built with corrugated ribs and feature cold-rolled threads to prevent damage to the cylinder head and make installation and removal easier. The products also feature trivalent metal plating for superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing properties.
Starting with a single product in 1936, NGK® became the world leader in innovation, technology, and premium quality in the manufacture of spark plugs for virtually every automotive manufacturer in the world. NGK`s extraordinary growth can be attributed to a philosophy of manufacturing the product where it is going to be used, which means a substantial number of products sold in the USA are made in America. One of the benefits of such a policy is the ability to work closely with manufacturers in developing products tailored specifically to their needs. Today with ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949 certification as well as state-of-the-art manufacturing and inventory facilities, NGK provides customers with the finest spark plugs and complimentary products.