Pre-Cut SailPod (GP2050-11) by NavPod®, for Garmin 8008/8208 for 12" wide guard. SailPods for Sail are for mounting a single radar or chartplotter at the helm where you can easily operate and clearly see the fine details of the screen. A single SailPod is best mounted on a Single Bend AngleGuards or use a Double Bend AngleGuards to fit an InstrumentPod on the top vertical section and SailPod below on the angled section.
|Overall Height: 11"|
|Usable Face Height: 8.75"|
|Max Cutout Height: 9"|
|Overall Width: 15.125"|
|Usable Face Width: 12.75"|
|Max Cutout Width: 13"|
|Overall Depth: 6.375"|
|Usable Face Depth: 5"|
- The Hi-Gloss Material: NavPods are manufactured with a custom co-extruded acrylic capped ABS material. NavPod uses the absolute best UV resistant material that provides a very high gloss white finish that matches gel-coated fiberglass. The Gen3 enhancements now include a thicker gauge material that improves strength and provides for better structural rigidity
- The Waterproof Seal: All NavPods are manufactured with a double gasket system providing an excellent watertight seal between the front and back of the NavPod for protection of your Marine Electronics. NavPod is made to withstand the harshest of wet offshore boating conditions. Gen3 enhancements include a thicker external silicone gasket with improved flush fit. The internal EPDM gasket is now 50% thicker and is not subject to "compression set" like many rubber compounds. This is important when you need to open the NavPod in the future to service your electronics
- The Nickel Chrome Plated Screws: NavPod uses all stainless steel mounting hardware that is supplied with each NavPod. Large round head tamperproof screws have deeper sockets for the NavPod wrench for better holding ability when tightening than the previous screws. For Gen3 NavPod provides nickel chrome-plated stainless steel tamperproof screws for security combined with a little bling!
- The Manufacturing Process: Heavy-gauge thermoforming is considered an art since many processes come into play. It all starts with the design and development of the tooling. NavPod is fortunate to have experienced in-house design engineers who utilize CAD programs like Solidworks, Catia and AutoCad. Surfcam is used to interface with CNC machining centers to produce quality tools with precision tolerances. For 2015 NavPod has re-designed and re-tooled all of the popular NavPods. NavPod has reviewed all of the former products and selected the best design elements of each and incorporated them in every new Gen3 product
- Commitment to Quality: NavPod is committed to producing the best possible waterproof housing for Marine Electronics. Now with two decades of experience under their belt, NavPod is confident you will have years of trouble free service and a long lasting high gloss finish
Navpod® is here with excellent products that are available at a competitive price. The company does its utmost to provide the best possible solutions for your needs. All products by Navpod® are made with expert care and created by professionals to meet all your requirements. Navpod® does not accept compromises when it is going about quality, so you can be sure that all products have only first-rate quality. With many years of manufacturing experience, Navpod® is the name you can trust.
NavPod® is a brand child of Ocean Equipment that began producing NavPods in 1991. This first product was made specifically for Catalina Yachts, as a way to mount basic sailing instruments. The product was a great success and the endeavor branched into SailPod product line. SailPods are used for mounting a single radar or chart plotter at the helm of a Sailboat. The PowerPod product line was later developed for mounting a radar, chartplotter or fishfinder on a Powerboat. The brand currently produces several product lines with pre-cut options for most major marine electronics. NavPod is recognized for their high quality and durability. They provide a clean, sturdy and secure way to mount electronics.