Navico offers two differing types of warranty as follows:
Standard Limited Product Warranty
Navico warrants that its products, when properly installed and used, shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for the period stated for the applicable product and/or peripheral device from the date of first purchase (the Warranty Period). For Distributors only, the Warranty Period shall run for an additional six (6) months to that stated for first retail customers.
For the purpose of this Warranty, ‘date of first purchase’ means (i) for a first retail customer only, the date the product was purchased by the first retail customer; or in the case of a product installed on a new vessel by an authorized Navico Boat Builder, the date the first retail customer took delivery of the vessel and (ii) for a Distributor only, the date that the product was purchased from Navico by the Distributor.
On Board Support for Simrad and B&G Certified Installations
For Simrad and B&G systems to qualify for OnBoard Support, they must:
- Be comprised of B&G and/or Simrad products;
- Have been installed on the vessel by a Certified Dealer or authorized Navico Boat Builder;
- Be registered with Navico and have a valid, unexpired, Certified Installation Certificate, issued by Navico.
Systems that meet the above criteria are deemed to be ‘Certified Installations’. Certified Installations are eligible to receive OnBoard Support by a Navico Certified Dealer.
Certified Installations are eligible to receive OnBoard Support for two years from the date of first purchase of the products, or in the case of a product installed on a new vessel by an authorized Navico Boat Builder, the date that the first retail customer took delivery of the vessel (OnBoard Support Period).
Products included on a Certified Installation Certificate are covered under Warranty for the period of the Certified Installation Certificate. Where product is sold through a Navico Distributor the date of first purchase of the product is deemed to be the date the product was shipped from Navico to the Distributor.
OnBoard Support is conditional and certain products are excluded from this agreement.
Repair Warranty Periods
Product(s) qualifying for warranty repair will either be repaired, or replaced with new or refurbished parts or products, or an equivalent product, at the sole discretion of Navico. Warranty repairs are covered by the warranty terms and conditions for the remainder of the original product’s warranty period, six months or in accordance with local jurisdictions, whichever is the greater. The ownership of all parts removed from the product for the purposes of effecting warranty repairs, transfers from the Owner back to Navico.
Product(s) accepted for non-warranty repair will either be repaired, or replaced with new or refurbished parts or product, or an equivalent product, at the sole discretion of Navico. Repairs by Navico Service on equipment that is no longer covered by any warranties are automatically covered by a six months warranty or where applicable, in accordance with local jurisdictions, whichever is the greater. The ownership of all parts removed from the product by Navico for the purposes of effecting repairs, transfers from the Owner back to Navico.
Warranty Limitations and Exclusions
In addition to other limitations and exclusions set forth herein, Navico is not responsible for, and does not warrant:
- Products where the serial number has been altered, mutilated or removed;
- Failures due to abuse, misuse, overvoltage, accident, unauthorized alteration or repair, improper installation (whether or not by a Certified Dealer or service agent), alterations, corrosion resulting from improper installation and normal wear and tear;
- Consumable items, whether repaired or replaced including, but not limited to the following: fuses, batteries, bulbs, bearings, motor brushes, drive-belts, magnetrons, paddlewheels, paddlewheel bearings, paddlewheel blades and paddlewheel shafts, hard disks, fans;
- Replacement of missing components from the package of any product purchased through an online auction or private sale;
- Performance deterioration or damage to the software or hardware caused, or contributed to, by computer viruses, malware or spyware.
The product, including any associated electronics charts, is an aid to navigation designed to facilitate the use of authorized government charts, not to replace them. Navico has made commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of data contained in the product, but errors and omissions are inevitable. The vessel operator is responsible for cross checking the product against other sources of navigation data. Navico recommends having back up navigation tools available in the event the product becomes inoperable.
Products are intended for use in a marine environment only. Use of the product in a non-marine environment will void this warranty and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, (i) all representations, warranties, conditions, guarantees and other terms (whether express or implied) are excluded and (ii) Navico and its affiliates assume no responsibility whatsoever and are not liable in any way for the product or its repair, replacement, servicing, upgrading or modification.
This Warranty is fully transferable only to persons located within the jurisdiction where the product was first purchased from a Navico Certified Dealer or Navico Boat Builder. For this purpose and the foregoing herein, all states within the US and Canada shall be treated as a single jurisdiction and it is intended, subject to any other conditions stated herein, that this Warranty may be transferred and this product may be sold, distributed and used, within the US and Canada.
Subject to the above, Navico products are intended for sale, distribution and use only within the jurisdiction of the Navico Dealer or Navico Boat Builder from which they were first purchased and in which they were installed and not any other country or jurisdiction.
Unless upgraded by Navico, products will not function or perform as intended if sold, distributed, transported or used outside the jurisdiction of the Navico Dealer or Navico Boat Builder from which it was first purchased and in which it was installed and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, (i) all representations, warranties, conditions, guarantees and other terms (whether express or implied) are excluded and (ii) Navico and its affiliates assume no responsibility whatsoever and are not liable in any way for the product or its repair, replacement, servicing, upgrading or modification.
Unless upgraded by Navico, products and/or systems purchased outside the jurisdiction where those products or systems are installed will not be issued a Certified Installation Certificate and will not be eligible for OnBoard Support.
OnBoard Support applies only to the Navico products listed on the Certified Installation Certificate. Any additions to the system will not be covered by the OnBoard Support, unless the system is recertified by a Navico Certified Dealer and issued a new Certified Installation Certificate. Only Navico Certified Dealers are authorized to carry out OnBoard Support for Certified Installations. Service by non-Navico Certified Dealers will void the OnBoard Warranty Support and the vessel will no longer qualify as a Certified Installation.
To the extent consistent with local and regional law, the foregoing warranty is Navico’s sole warranty and is applicable only to new products.
There are no express warranties other than those listed and described above, and no warranties whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, shall apply after the express warranty periods stated above, and no other express warranty or guarantee given by any person, firm or corporation with respect to this product shall be binding on Navico. Navico shall not be liable for loss of revenue or profits, failure to realize savings or other benefits, or any other special, incidental or consequential damages caused by the use, misuse or inability to use this product.
Without limiting the foregoing, purchaser assumes all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to purchaser and purchaser’s property and to others and their property arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use this product sold by Navico.
Navico reserves the right to make changes or improvements from time to time without incurring the obligation to install such improvements or changes on equipment previously manufactured.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and your rights may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. These rights exist alongside all rights you have under local law.
- VHF Radios - 2 years
- LOG4000 Software - 2 years
- EPIRBs/SARTs - 2 years
- Radars - 2 years
- Radar Pedestals - 1 year
- Color Monitors (excluding 90A231P001, 90A840P002, MX-500/400 Series P/Ns - 1 year) - 2 years
- Autopilots - 2 years
- GPS Receivers and Compasses - 2 years
- Gyro Systems - 2 years
- S Series Fishfinders - 2 years
- CS Series Chartplotters - 2 years
- Maris Series Chartplotters - 2 years
- AIS Systems - 2 years
- StructureScan Modules - 2 years
- LBS-1 Sounder - 2 years
- HDI Series Skimmers - 2 years
- GPS Antennas - 1 year
- Navigation Instruments - 1 year
- SonicHub - 1 year
- SonicHub Speakers - 1 year
- Mark 5 Series Fishfinders - 1 year
- X-Series Fishfinders - 1 year
- M-Series Fishfinders - 1 year
- Cables, Accessories, Mounts - 1 year
- Trophy 4 Series Chartplotters - 1 year
- Charts - 1 year
- X-4 Fishfinders - 2 years
- HDS-5 StructureScan Bundle - 2 years
- LCX-Series Displays - 2 years
- LMS-Series Displays - 2 years
- LMS-527C Displays - 1 year
- LMS-480/522 Series Displays - 2 years
- LCX-19C Displays - 1 year
- X500-Series Displays - 2 years
- Elite 4/5/5/7 Series Chartplotters - 1 year
- GlobalMap 1000/3500/6000/7000 System - 1 year
- GlobalMap 3300/3600/4800/5000/5300/5500/6500/6600/7200/7300/7600/8300/9200/9300 System - 2 years
- Elite 3/4/5/7/9 Series Fishfinders - 1 year
- Hook 3/4/5/7/9 Series Fishfinders - 1 year
- HOOK2 Series Fishfinders - 1 year
- Elite 4/5/5/7 Series Fishfinders/Chartplotters - 1 year
- LMS-320 Series Fishfinders - 1 year
- HDS 5/7/8/9/10 Series Displays - 2 years
- HDS 5/7/8/9/10 Series Service Packs - 1 year
- HDS 5/7/8/9/10 Series Unlock Keys - 1 year
- HDS 5/7/8/9/10 GEN2/GEN3 Series Displays - 2 years
- TotalScan Skimmer - 2 years
- Transducers - 1 year
- Weather Receivers - 1 year