Separator Oil Filter by Motorcraft®. Motorcraft is the way to restore the performance of your vehicle. Designed specifically for your vehicle, Motorcraft products meet stringent Ford Motor Company standards and feature OEM quality without the OEM price.
- Direct OEM replacement
- Recommended by Ford Motor Company
- Protects against engine wear by screening out abrasives such as carbon, sand, dust, and metal particles before they can get into the oil
- Steel cases are 'ironed' for a precise fit, painted for maximum rust resistance, and fluted for easy removal
- Silicone anti-drain-back valves resist high engine heat and prevent oil from draining out of the filter
- Efficient filter media ensures increased dirt-collecting capability and ability to capture more engine-harming particles
- Large, threaded pressure-relief valves minimize the chance of contaminated oil circulating back into the engine
- Pressure-relief valves also maintain the supply of oil to the engine under extreme cold conditions or if the filter gets clogged
- Consistent pleat spacing
- Well-bonded end plates
- Also available for Power Stroke® Diesel applications
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
The oil filter performs a very important job for your vehicle’s engine. Much like your own kidneys clean your blood, the oil filter scrubs the automotive blood - engine oil - of impurities. Trapping any large and potentially damaging particles in the oil, the oil filter protects the engine from wear. It is vital that your oil filter functions properly and is replaced regularly since a clogged filter can prevent your engine from being properly lubricated and cause costly engine damage. Motorcraft offers you a premium oil filter that is a direct replacement for the factory part. Designed to strict Ford Motor Company specifications, this product will function and fit exactly the same or even better than the original.
Motorcraft oil filters feature silicone anti-drain-back valves, while many aftermarket oil filters have nitrile rubber valves that can become brittle over time and result in engine damage. The large, threaded pressure-relief valves of this part minimize the chance of contaminated oil circulating back into the engine and ensure that clean oil is provided to the engine at all times. Motorcraft oil filters feature very even pleats, while aftermarket filters feature uneven pleat spacing that can cause oil flow concerns and pressure issues. These pleats form a much larger filter media on the Motorcraft filter for superior filtration and greater dirt holding capacity. Most aftermarket filters have plastic center tubes that may not be able to withstand pressure surges, while the Motorcraft filter uses a superior perforated steel center tube. Finally, the fluted exterior design makes removal much easier when servicing.
Launched by the Ford Motor Company in 1972, Motorcraft® is the most trusted manufacturer of vehicle-specific replacement parts for Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln vehicles. The company provides an extensive line of premium automotive parts from A/C compressors and alternators to wiper blades and wire sets. Manufactured to strict specifications, the products have undergone extensive laboratory and on-the-road testing. Motorcraft parts feature OEM quality and fit and are designed to maximize the performance of Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury models. Recommended by the Ford Motor Company, Motorcraft is a one stop shop for your automotive needs.