Universal ATF Type F™ Automatic Transmission Fluid by Mobil 1®. Mobil Type F ATF is an automatic transmission fluid that is made from high quality base oils with viscosity index improvers, antioxidants, anti-wear agents, defoamants and special additives to provide the controlled frictional characteristics of a Type F fluid in automatic transmission applications.
|cSt @ 40ºC: 36.0|
|cSt @ 100ºC: 7.2|
|cP @ -18ºC (0ºF): 1,600|
|cP @ -40ºC (-40ºF): 45,000|
|Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270: 150|
|Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97: -40ºC (-40ºF)|
|Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92: 160 (320)|
|Gravity, API: 31.4|
- Long fluid life
- Powerful oxidation and thermal stability
- Optimized frictional properties that help provide smooth gear shifting during low-temperature operation and help prevent transmission vibration
- Outstanding resistance against sludge and deposit formation
- Strong anti-wear protection, which contributes to long transmission life
- Excellent low-temperature performance
- Designed with innovative manufacturing techniques
- Made to deliver trouble-free operation for years ahead
- Will deliver innovative technical solutions
The frictional characteristics of an automatic transmission fluid are an important factor in the design and operation of the transmission. All Ford transmissions built prior to 1977, and certain models that continued in use during 1977-1980, were designed for a high-friction fluid that allowed the shifting clutches to lock up or engage quickly. Ford specification ESW-M2C33-F covers this type of product, which is commonly referred to as "Type F" fluid.
These vehicles are identified as:
- All 1976 and earlier Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury models of cars, vans, and light trucks
- All 1977-1980 models having either ESW-M2C33-F or no number at all stamped on the transmission dipstick
Mobil Type F ATF is recommended by ExxonMobil for use in applications requiring Type F fluid as follows:
- Automatic transmissions in certain older Toyota, Mazda, Volvo, and other imported vehicles that require an ESW-M2C33-F fluid. In addition, this type of ATF is specified for some Ford power steering systems.
For the makeup and refill in power steering systems of the following Ford vehicles:
- 1980 and older Lincoln, Continental, and Mark
- 1978 and older models of all other Ford cars, vans, and light trucks
- For anti-wear requirements of Sperry Vickers industrial hydraulic systems where low wear in the ASTM D 2882 vane pump test is the principal criterion.
Mobil Type F ATF is not recommended for automatic transmissions in Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, American Motors, or any other cars requiring a Dexron-II, Dexron-IIE, Dexron-III or Mercon-approved fluid, or for those Ford products requiring an M2C 138CJ (Type CJ) fluid or an M2C 166H (Type H) fluid.
Health and Safety
Based on available toxicological information, it has been determined that these products pose no significant health risk when used and handled properly. Information on use and handling, as well as health and safety information, can be found in the Material Safety Data Sheets which can be obtained from your local distributor.
Mobil celebrates 100 years since the founding of the Vacuum Oil Company in 1866 and changes its name to Mobil Oil Corporation. Top auto manufacturers rely on Mobil 1 because their high-performance engines require advanced engine lubricants. Before any tires hit the road or the racetrack, Mobil 1 motor oil goes in – right at the factory – to deliver exceptional performance and protection.