8' Black Talon Shallow Water Anchor (1810422) by Minn Kota®. Minn Kota Has lowered the anchor, raised the bar and silenced the competition. The new Talons are completely redesigned with a new motor that's 30% more powerful, 30% quieter and 100% guaranteed to be the last shallow water anchor you'll ever need. Talon deploys quickly and automatically so you can get your line in the water faster. On the new 12' and 10' models, it deploys in three stages, giving you additional anchoring depth without increasing the height of Talon. Two wireless remotes come standard to give you push-button control of Talon from anywhere on the boat. Includes dash mount holder. LED depth indicator and deployment notification alarm.
|Anchoring Depth: 8'|
|Product Weight: 38.4 lbs|
|Product Height: 41"|
- Electro-Mechanical Design: With no hydraulics, the lightweight, space-saving Talon is as easy to install as a trolling motor. You can do it yourself, and save the money on a costly installation. Talon's innovative design - featuring minimal moving parts, no hinge points and a motor that stays above the waterline - ensures that you're always in stealth mode. Stays silent below the water - thanks to a motor that is always a few feet above the waterline. The competition's noisy hydraulic pump sits in the bilge, right where the fish can hear it coming
- User-Selectable Anchoring Modes: Anchoring in hard bottom isn't the same as anchoring into mud. With Talon, you can choose between multiple modes to ensure the right hold and fast, easy anchor retraction
- Auto-Drive Mode: Powers the spike into the bottom with three increasingly aggressive hits
- Soft Bottom Mode: For less aggressive anchoring – and easier anchor retraction – in water with a muddy or silted bottom
- Rough Water Mode: For heavy wind and chop, this mode performs three consecutive Auto-Drive sequences at 10 second intervals for a triple-strength hold
- Auto Up/Down: Hit the button, then get back to fishing. Only Talon has Auto Up/Down, which makes lowering and raising the anchor as easy as using a car's automatic windows. Utilizing bottom-sensing technology, Talon automatically knows when it has anchored, so you don't have to hold down the button and wait
- Fast Vertical Deployment: Head-to-head, Talon beats any other shallow water anchor in a race to the bottom. Talon deploys vertically in three stages. While the competitor's extended “crab leg" ties up your lines and costs you fish, Talon's patented sequential deployment is quicker, quieter and stays out of your way. Talon is built with double the force of the competition to lock you into your spot with unparalleled strength and security
- Built-in Wave Absorption: Talon allows your boat to move up or down without affecting the anchor. Its exclusive built-in floating suspension keeps you locked to the bottom, even in rough water
- LED Depth Indicator: Track anchor depth at a glance. The LED lights on Talon show you how far down you're deployed with each light indicating two feet of depth
- Deployment Notification Alarm: Talon's indestructible composite spike bends but doesn't break - even if you try to take off while deployed. And if you do that, Talon's the only anchor with an audible alert to let you know
- Standard Wireless Remotes: Two wireless remotes – and a dash mount holder – come standard to give you push-button control of Talon from anywhere on the boat. All remotes are waterproof and can float
- Triple Debris Shields: Three custom-fit shields on the bottom and inside of Talon prevent mud or anything else from being pulled back into the unit. The indestructible spike goes out, and nothing comes back in
- Versatile Adjustments: While other anchors limit you to one position, Talon's Quick Release Bracket enables up and down adjustment, 30° of pivoting, and easyremoval when Talon's not in use
- Saltwater Tested: Over 80 years of trolling motor design and testing taught how to full combat the corrosive effects of saltwater. Saltwater wont' stand a chance
Deeper. Tougher. Quieter. Smarter. You demand a lot out of your shallow water anchor, and Talon delivers all of it and then some. The world's best shallow water anchor also boasts game-changing toughness, speed, strength and stealth operation. Stand your ground with Talon.
The Minn Kota® electric trolling motor began its life in 1934 in Fargo, North Dakota. Mr. O. G. Schmidt, inventor of the trolling motor, was known to be a man of many diverse ideas. Prior to the trolling motor, Mr. Schmidt invented, produced and sold a copper soldering torch from his home in Wheatland, North Dakota. Due to its success, manufacturing operations were then moved to Fargo. Because of its proximity to the MINNesota – North DaKOTA border, Mr. Schmidt named the business The Minn Kota Manufacturing Company.