Gear Reduction Starter by Mean Green®. The Mean Green Gear Reduction Starter is the answer to all of your starter problems. The Mean Green Starter provides 100% more torque than an overweight stock starter. With a 4.4 to 1 gear reduction, roller bearing support, and an integrated solenoid, the Mean Green Starter can crank any engine no matter how high its static compression.
- Superior Design
- Easy Installation
- 1/3 Smaller Than Stock
- 100% More Cranking Power
- 300,000 Mile Life Expectancy
- No More Hot Start Problems
- 2 Year Unconditional Guarantee
- High-performance products for your car, truck, or SUV
- Designed to prevent starting & charging system problems
- Will help make your ride perform at its best
- Made from superior materials for maximum reliability and efficiency
- Built tough to withstand punishing under-the-hood conditions
The Mean Green Starter's 3" tool steel driveshaft is supported at both ends by bearings. The stainless steel pinion shaft is externally splined to mate with the larger diameter, internally splined driveshaft. Even the armature in the high-speed motor is supported at each end with bearings. All totaled, there are five bearings in the motor and gear assembly. Mean Green Starter's are compact in design to provide additional oil pan and header clearance.
Mean Green® has been in business for over 30 years, pioneering the aftermarket off-road industry with gear reduction starters and high output alternators, with the simple philosophy of 100% customer satisfaction every time.