Universal 12" Premium Series 1000W 4 Ohm DVC Subwoofer by MB Quart®. Whether you are a fan of jazz, classical, rock, or pop music, deep basses are what you need to experience a great feeling of excitement. The subwoofers are engineered to provide you with an absolutely clean bass output and long-term reliability.
- RMS Power Handling (CEA426B): 500 Watts
- Peak Power Handling (CEA426B): 1000 Watts
- Voice Coils: 2
- Impedance: 2 x 4 Ohms
- DC Resistance (Re): 2.16 or 8.64
- Free Air Resonance (fo) or (fs): 27.25
- Mechanical "Q" (Qms): 3.252
- Electrical "Q" (Qes): 0.746
- Total Speaker "Q" (Qts): 0.606
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 59.911
- Sensitivity (1 watt/1 meter): 84dB
- Xmax (millimeters) Excursion: 14.5
- Mounting Diameter: 10.94 inches
- Outside Diameter: 12.41 inches
- Mounting Depth: 6.68 inches
- Woofer Configuration: Round
- Voice Coil: 2.5" dual 4-Ohm. High power handling with maximum heat dissipation.
- Voice Coil Former: Vented Aluminum Former. Vented former allows more dissipation of heat.
- Spider: Dual Mirror Image Spiders. The vented voice coil former is secured to Dual Mirror Image treated spiders that are designed for very linear excursion.
- Surround: Butyl Rubber. Treated to withstand UV radiation.
- Cone: Woven glass fiber material. Red fiber with a large-diameter concave dust cap. This provides not only a distinctive appearance, but a very strong, rigid, yet lightweight cone. Built on a deep-drawn, stamped steel basket finished in textured gray powdercoat.
- Venting: Through Frame and Pole Piece. Air is exchanged over the voice coil to reduce overheating through the vents on the back of the frame and pole piece.
- Motor: High Energy Y30 Motor assembly. High energy strontium ferrite magnet for higher output with minimal amplifier power.
- Terminals: Spring Loaded Terminals. Premium subwoofers utilizes spring loaded terminals for positive and negative wire connections. Terminals are nickel-plated brass in a satin finish.
- Basket: Ultra Deep Drawn Stamped Steel. Premium Subwoofer is built on a Ultra Deep Drawn Stamped Steel basket for increased rigidity and reduced flex. Also it is as ridged as cast baskets and unwanted weight.
The 1960’s were an esoteric time in the audio world. Only the most discriminating music enthusiasts could embrace the components of the day, made only of wood and tubes. Founded during that decade, MB Quart® established itself as a key manufacturer of high quality audio parts. Throughout five decades and several technology revolutions from the days of ‘wood and tubes,’ MB Quart is still the global standard, creating only the finest high performance audio equipment. Founded in 1962, MB Quart began producing professional studio microphones and headphones at its headquarters in Obrigheim, Germany. Through research, innovation, and dedication to the highest standards of quality, MB Quart continued to grow its product line throughout its more than 50-year history.