Triumph TR7 with PRE-OBDII Models 1980, Pre-OBDII Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow®. Converter Configuration: Universal Fit. Catalytic Converter Body Shape: Round. Without Air Tube. Without O2 Sensor Port. Catalytic Inlet Diameter: 1.75". Catalytic Outlet Diameter: 1.75". Catalytic Converter Overall Length: 15". OEM Spec. If your car needs a new catalytic converter, install one that will get you through the smog check. This universal fit converter will require some fabrication to be installed, which will involve cutting the exhaust pipe and may require welding.
- Installation may involve welding and cutting
- This is a CARB compliant part, legal for use on vehicles built to meet CARB standards and/or registered in California and other states which follow CARB standards (CARB EO: D-193-117)
|Catalytic Series: Pre-OBDII|
|Converter Configuration: Universal Fit|
|Converter Body Material: Stainless Steel|
|Catalytic Converter Substrate Material: Ceramic|
|Catalytic Converter Body Shape: Round|
|Inlet Position: Center|
|Outlet Position: Center|
|Catalytic Inlet Diameter: 1.75"|
|Catalytic Outlet Diameter: 1.75"|
|Catalytic Converter Width: 4.25"|
|Main Piping Diameter: 1.75"|
|Catalytic Converter Body Length: 11"|
|Catalytic Converter Overall Length: 15"|
|Air Tube: No|
|O2 Sensor Port: No|
|Catalytic Converter Format: Pre-Catalytic Converter and Main Catalytic Converter|
- Reduces harmful emissions
- Increased exhaust flow allows your engine to make more power
- Requires fabrication or modifications to be installed into exhaust system
- Cutting and welding may be required; consider professional installation
- Ribbed body to minimize expansion and distortion, holding the ceramic catalyst in proper alignment
- Strongest and smoothest flowing inlet and outlet joint of any manufacturer
- Each inlet tailored to the size of the converter body
- Converter body manufactured from heavy-duty stainless steel
- Seam welded for a strong, tight bond
- Available in Pre-OBD II, OBD II, and OEM Grade OBD II configurations
- On vehicles registered outside California, the converter is warranted against construction defects for 5 years and against emissions failure for 25,000 miles
- On vehicles registered within California, the converter is warranted against construction or emissions check failure for 5 years or 50,000 miles
- Proudly made in the USA
MagnaFlow builds their converters to last. The converter body is manufactured from heavy-duty stainless steel for maximum durability. All converters are seam welded close to the converter body for a strong, tight bond, not along the edge, which would allow the converter to expand and let the catalyst move around. And the aluminized steel or stainless steel heat shield creates a rigid wall of protection against heat and adds to the structural stability of the converter.
This Catalytic Converter is a universal fit unit and will require some fabrication or modification to the exhaust system to be installed. Cutting and welding may be required, so you may want to consider professional installation. It's available in OBD II (On-Board Diagnostics, 2nd Generation), Pre-OBD II, and OEM Grade OBD II configurations. Pre-OBD II is for early vehicles (generally 1995 or older), which were equipped with 2-way, 3-way, or 3-way with air injection converters. Two-way converters oxidize harmful Hydrocarbons (HC) and Carbon Monoxide (CO) along with secondary oxygen into water (H2O) and Carbon Dioxide (CO2). Along with the previously detailed conversion, a 3-way converter also reduces oxides of nitrogen (NOx) into Nitrogen (N2). The 3-way with air injection converter operates the same as a 3-way converter but with the addition of air pumped into the converter to improve the oxidation capabilities.
OBD II converters are for 1995 and newer vehicles and are 3-way converters. OEM Grade OBD II converters are for vehicles registered outside of the state of California, with California spec emissions. More precious metals are applied to the substrate on these converters to further reduce emissions. To determine if this converter is right for your vehicle, find the VECI (Vehicle Emissions Control Information) label in the engine compartment and look for the word "California" on the label.
On vehicles registered outside the state of California, MagnaFlow warrants the Catalytic Converter to be free of manufacturer's defects for a period of 5 years and emissions failure for 25,000 miles. Catalytic Converters on vehicles registered in California carry a 5 year, 50,000 mile warranty against manufacturer's defects and emissions failure.
MagnaFlow® has been in business for more than 30 years, with its slogan "Quality – Power – Sound" leading the company on its steady path to success. MagnaFlow is the market leader in exhaust systems. No other brand has managed to fulfill the demands auto enthusiasts have on their exhaust systems, while still complying with emission standards, as MagnaFlow has. The product line is steadily expanding, introducing new, cutting edge technologies and designs. MagnaFlow is the leader in exhaust system design and the company is determined to stay in the lead.
CARB To confirm your vehicle's CARB certification, please enter EO number at www.arb.ca.gov