eXplorist 310 Angler Edition 2.2" Screen Handheld GPS Navigator with 3 Fishing Hotspots (CX0310SG5NA) by Magellan®. Provides anglers everything they need to know about a lakes physical and biological make-up and fishery for knowing the water body and more successful fishing.
- Magellan eXplorist 310 bundled with Fishing Hot Spots (3 lake download).
- Nationwide coverage including over 4,000 lakes and waterways with detailed shorelines and depth contours.
- Provides anglers everything they need to know about a lakes physical and biological make-up and fishery for knowing the water body and more successful fishing.
- Take the guesswork out of deciding where to fish by providing detailed information on specific, high fishing success locations. Primary game fish baits, lures, colors and seasons are indicated for each POI.
- Easy to Navigate Menus and Rich Graphics
- A simple main menu, intuitive contextual menus, and vibrant graphics make this device easy to use
- Brilliant, sunlight readable color screen
- A vibrant 2.2" color transflective screen provides the best readability in direct sunlight
- Rugged and waterproof to IPX-7 standards
- Focus on the adventure not protecting the device
- High-sensitivity SiRFstarIII GPS with 3-5 meter accuracy
- 3-5 meter GPS accuracy provides a superior navigation experience
- Pre-loaded World Edition Map
- Referencing a complete road network in North America and Western Europe and major roads throughout the rest of the populated world to help in orientation. See parks, rivers, lakes, major city points, and other types of land use areas.
- 18 Hours of battery life using 2 AA batteries
- Go strong for an entire day (or more). No stopping to replace the batteries.
- Suspend Mode
- The goal is to conserve battery life by putting the device into an advanced power saving mode. Suspend mode will turn off everything except for GPS tracking. Wake up the device with a single click.
- Paperless Geocaching
- Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache and view, search, filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, spoilers, and last 20 user logs among a number of other details.
- 500 megabytes of user memory available
- Loads of space to store additional maps, geocaches, waypoints, and tracks.
- Record Tracks and See "Breadcrumbs" on the Map Screen
- Keep a log of all the steps you took throughout the day. Reference your track to find your way back or to keep a digital journal of all your outdoor adventures
- Track Summary
- Start your journey with one-click and keep tabs on useful statistics such as distance travelled, average speed, elevation gain and descent, and average time to find
- NMEA Message Output (USB Only)
- For hardcore outdoor GPS enthusiasts who want to connect their device to laptop running VantagePoint software and see your position on computer screen.
- Multiple Coordinates and Map Datums
- Navigate around the world and do it accurately. See your geographic location in UTM coordinates or reference the OS Grid for use in Great Britain
Waterproof handheld GPS receiver with core outdoor navigation features, expandable mapping, and paperless geocaching bundled with America's preferred fishing maps from Fishing Hot Spots. Accurate and detailed fishing information for over 4000 US lakes and waterways provides anglers with tactics and locations that catch fish. Whether you are fishing a lake for the first time, or have been on it your whole life, Fishing Hot Spots will make your time on the water more rewarding.
Fishing Hot Spots® maps are complete with extensively researched Fishing Points of Interest, Lake Profiles and lake specific Fishing Tips & Techniques.
For additional information on Fishing Hot Spots, please visit: http://fishinghotspots.com/Products/FHS_PRO_FW_MA.html. The Magellan eXplorist 310 GPS receiver comes packed with tons of helpful features and is ready to use right out of the box.
The eXplorist 310 is pre-loaded with the World Edition map, which includes a complete road network in the United States, Canada, Western Europe, and Australia and major roads throughout the rest of the world. This unique preloaded map also includes water features, urban and rural land use, and city centers. Regional versions of Magellan's Summit Series topographic maps are available for download to expand mapping coverage and level of detail.
A vibrant, transflective color screen allows for the best readability in direct sunlight. To zero in on the exact location of a geocache, favorite fishing spot, or the next summit, the SiRFstarIII GPS chipset provides accuracy of 10-15 feet (3-5 meters). To keep your outdoor adventure going all day long, the device is powered by two AA batteries for 18 hours of constant usage. The eXplorist 310 is rugged, waterproof, and submersible (IPX-7). All of this is packed into a small and attractive handheld form factor that can be hung around your neck with the optional Magellan lanyard or attached to your pack with the built-in carabineer hook.
The eXplorist 310 provides unmatched assistance with navigation, such as the combination of the world's two most useful navigational tools – a compass and a map! Overlay a series of different transparent compass styles on top of a pre-loaded worldwide map that show roads, water features, parks, and city centers. Access the dashboard screen that shows a mini-compass for quick reference and customizable navigation data fields, such as latitude, longitude, heading, bearing, distance to end, trip odometer, and many more. Go back to the map screen and view your active track, which is a series of digital breadcrumbs to record all yours movements. Mark your starting point (car, trailhead, parking lot…) with a waypoint and easily navigate back to that location at the end of the day.
The eXplorist 310 supports paperless geocaching, which allows you to download more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache, including name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, spoilers, attributes, and last 20 user logs among a number of other details.
Reference your track summary to keep track of your distance travelled, elevation gained or lost, complete travel time, moving time and stopped time, and average time to find. Easily reset your track summary statistics to track the details of your next geocaching adventure.
No matter where you enjoy the outdoors, the eXplorist 310 GPS receiver will provide precise GPS signals thanks to the Satellite Based Augmentation Systems (SBAS) of WAAS, EGNOS, and MSAS; display coordinates in a myriad of different global systems, including UTM and WGS84; and accurately guide you to and from your next adventure, where ever in the world that may be!
Magellan brand allows people to travel, work and play their way with leading portable navigation and positioning solutions across multiple consumer markets. Recognized as an industry innovator, the company is the creator of the award-winning Magellan RoadMate and Maestro series portable car navigation systems, as well as the Magellan Triton outdoor handheld navigation devices. MiTAC Digital Corporation is privately held and headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation and continues to operate under the Magellan name and logo.